2014 season countdown

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: 2014 season countdown

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:29 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:Speaking of mounting not full plume birds, when I was like 9 I shot a GWT.

And??
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 am

Tiler_J wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:Speaking of mounting not full plume birds, when I was like 9 I shot a GWT.

And??

And I asked my dad to mount it for me. He finally taxi'd it for me this year. I was looking at it after, and it was a shitty specimen for me to choose to mount.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

And??

And I asked my dad to mount it for me. He finally taxi'd it for me this year. I was looking at it after, and it was a shitty specimen for me to choose to mount.

was it your first duck?
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:35 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

And??

was it your first duck?

No, but I believe it was my first drake Greenwing.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:37 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

And??

was it your first duck?

No, but I believe it was my first drake Greenwing.

first duck! yeah mount that shit. First greenwing? Meh that's your call. :lol:
GadwallGetter530

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:39 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:first duck! yeah mount that shit. First greenwing? Meh that's your call. :lol:

I really have no clue why I got it done. I think back then I thought teal were "rare" :lol: :lol: :lol:
ducks~n~bucks

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:first duck! yeah mount that shit. First greenwing? Meh that's your call. :lol:

I really have no clue why I got it done. I think back then I thought teal were "rare" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck it. you were 9, that shit was probably cool as hell. Now you have a little reminder of the memory.
GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:42 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:Bwahahahahaha

Go for a boat ride out at the big guys place with me in when they first flood up. Those little bastards come out of the woodwork big time.

I apologies for disagreeing with you.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:43 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:Bwahahahahaha

Go for a boat ride out at the big guys place with me in when they first flood up. Those little bastards come out of the woodwork big time.

I apologies for disagreeing with you.

You don't mean that. :P
GadwallGetter530

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:44 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:

If nothing else it will be a good reminder of hunting with your dad. My dad hasn't hunted with me (or anyone else for that matter) in over 20 years. I try to get him to go every year, but he just lost all desire to do it.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:56 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:[quote="R. Chapman"]Didn't say they were full plume.

How would they make a nice mount then?

Just really pretty birds. Had a lot of color to them.

So they were plumed out?

Not a lot. Just a little bit.

Nothing more beautiful then an eclipsed teal. :lol:[/quote]
Some do look very good.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby assateague » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:It's a Conspiracy I tell you!

Wouldn't be surprised, we can only shoot two pintail. They are capable of absurd propaganda.

Just like my black ducks. 1 my ass.
assateague

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 am

assateague wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised, we can only shoot two pintail. They are capable of absurd propaganda.

They're just bird. Just keep shooting. :lol:
GadwallGetter530

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 am

assateague wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

That's just a guideline. We all know that.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby sws002 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:55 am

R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:[quote="GadwallGetter530"][quote="R. Chapman"]Didn't say they were full plume.

How would they make a nice mount then?

Just really pretty birds. Had a lot of color to them.

So they were plumed out?

Not a lot. Just a little bit.

Nothing more beautiful then an eclipsed teal. :lol:[/quote]
Some do look very good.[/quote]

Methinks Rex has no fucking clue what a full plume drake BWT looks like. There is just simply no way he is shooting them with "a lot of color" unless he is talking wing patches.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby assateague » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:32 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

That's just a guideline. We all know that.

Matter of fact, it does say Federal "Framework" or something like that, doesn't it? "Framework" is pretty nebulous.
assateague

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:29 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:You guys keep saying bw season. Are there no gwt on your side of the lake?

Some no one answered this, there are gwt as well, but they will be here till freeze up. The bwt are what bug out early so that's what everyone wants to shoot, but you can take either teal species in a teal season.

It was my understanding that the mix teal/woodduck season doesn't get to go as long or as many birds which is why most states opt for just teal
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby sws002 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:From the goose season standpoint, the early season does count against the total days of goose hunting, but in the Miss Flyway we are allotted something like 108 days of total goose hunting...so it's a juggling act to fight all of it in. We spend waaaaaay more time discussing goose dates than duck dates.

This one is news to me, I was under the impression that the early/late seasons were technically nuisance seasons for local birds that don't migrate.

It is also quite strange that you would spend that much more time on geese, given that you have more leeway on your dates. Speaking of, are they going to get you guys above a 3 bird limit on geese this year?
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:49 am

Remember, we have 3-4 GMU's specific to Geese (Tuscola, Huron, Allegan, annnd??), puls we have Early, Regular and Late seasons, plus 3 zones.

Ducks are easy, 60 days, one split, 3 zones.

Pretty sure that we have to fit all the goose seasons inside the 108 day window utilized for each zone
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Goldfish wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:You guys keep saying bw season. Are there no gwt on your side of the lake?

Some no one answered this, there are gwt as well, but they will be here till freeze up. The bwt are what bug out early so that's what everyone wants to shoot, but you can take either teal species in a teal season.

This^
The GW usually peak migration here is the later half of October. And some will stick around until thanksgiving. A lot like the woodies.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:39 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Remember, we have 3-4 GMU's specific to Geese (Tuscola, Huron, Allegan, annnd??), puls we have Early, Regular and Late seasons, plus 3 zones.

Pretty sure that we have to fit all the goose seasons inside the 108 day window utilized for each zone

I think the shiawassee Feds is the other GMU.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:24 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:Remember, we have 3-4 GMU's specific to Geese (Tuscola, Huron, Allegan, annnd??), puls we have Early, Regular and Late seasons, plus 3 zones.

Todd Farm.... or is that part of Allegan?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby sws002 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:21 pm

I guess I forgot about the GMUs, never did hunt them while I was there.

Speaking of the split, did they ever get back to the "late duck"? When they had the last split in the 3rd zone fall over the new year, that made for some pretty awesome hunts.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Todd Farm.... or is that part of Allegan?

I looked it up on the DNR website. Huron/tuscola is one GMU...basically fish point and some surrounding land.
Saginaw county is another...which is shiawassee national refuge and I think the WMA next to it plus some surrounding land.
Then allegan and Muskegon waste water was the 4th one.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Look at everybody. Gettin along. Quarreling has stopped. Duck season is right around the corner. I'm gona be super jealous of the guys up north when they start posting pictures of their kills while I gotta wait til late November. Early goose/ teal is gona be a bust for me with the baby coming mid September .
FlintRiverFowler

Postby RonE » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Look at everybody. Gettin along. Quarreling has stopped. Duck season is right around the corner. I'm gona be super jealous of the guys up north when they start posting pictures of their kills while I gotta wait til late November. Early goose/ teal is gona be a bust for me with the baby coming mid September .

No balls! You don't have to be there for your wife to have a baby.....Just imagine you are in the service overseas and your wife is having a baby...........Duck hunting is more important than trying to win a war that can't be won.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:17 pm

RonE wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Look at everybody. Gettin along. Quarreling has stopped. Duck season is right around the corner. I'm gona be super jealous of the guys up north when they start posting pictures of their kills while I gotta wait til late November. Early goose/ teal is gona be a bust for me with the baby coming mid September .

No balls! You don't have to be there for your wife to have a baby.....Just imagine you are in the service overseas and your wife is having a baby...........Duck hunting is more important than trying to win a war that can't be won.

If you take Ron's advice you will pay, dearly, for the rest of your life.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
RonE wrote:

If you take Ron's advice you will pay, dearly, for the rest of your life.

Yeah seems like super awful advice.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:05 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

This^
The GW usually peak migration here is the later half of October. And some will stick around until thanksgiving. A lot like the woodies.

Makes sense. Didn't realize that the bwt was such a prize up there.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:47 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

This^

Makes sense. Didn't realize that the bwt was such a prize up there.

I've never shot one. My brother and cousin got a couple in the youth season a few years back, but those are the only ones I've ever saw get shot.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind