Honest movie reviews

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Honest movie reviews

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Redbeard wrote: your humility is a breath of fresh air on this forum fulla cocky assholes

Thanks Red, but had you read the novel of my life, you would realize that I can't even pretend to be cocky! Way too many "What the F was I thinking" episodes. Regardless of my religious thoughts, I have to admit that someone or something has been more than forgiving and has made my life blessed in more ways than I can even begin to believe I earned.
You've got me rambling, now, Red. At times I feel that when when people speak of Heaven there is nothing that could be changed in this life to make it better. Sure, more of something? That's there if you really want it. Better communication with your concept of a higher power? I think that's there if you desire. Less violence and hate? We have that to strive for...the desire to strive and improvements are better than simply having something. Working towards something and making small steps is far more gratifying than being handed anything. Failures and despair? Simply tests and reasons to continue to try. Witnessing all levels of our emotional capability at times is learning......and, speaking only for myself.....the true joy in life is learning.
Anyway, my friend, I got to rambling. Another example of "What the F was I thinking?" :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:Ann Hathaway love and other drugs. The princess has great tits

Goldfish wrote: Yup.

Btw, ftfy to be the girl, not the guy

Glimmerjim wrote: I guess it begs to be asked.....how were his tits? :lol:

Goldfish wrote: honest movie review? Pretty nice, lol

:lol: I've never really thought about a guys tits before, but, jeez, if there's something spectacular out there, I might take a peek! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
Redbeard wrote: your humility is a breath of fresh air on this forum fulla cocky assholes

Thanks Red, but had you read the novel of my life, you would realize that I can't even pretend to be cocky! Way too many "What the F was I thinking" episodes. Regardless of my religious thoughts, I have to admit that someone or something has been more than forgiving and has made my life blessed in more ways than I can even begin to believe I earned.
You've got me rambling, now, Red. At times I feel that when when people speak of Heaven there is nothing that could be changed in this life to make it better. Sure, more of something? That's there if you really want it. Better communication with your concept of a higher power? I think that's there if you desire. Less violence and hate? We have that to strive for...the desire to strive and improvements are better than simply having something. Working towards something and making small steps is far more gratifying than being handed anything. Failures and despair? Simply tests and reasons to continue to try. Witnessing all levels of our emotional capability at times is learning......and, speaking only for myself.....the true joy in life is learning.
Anyway, my friend, I got to rambling. Another example of "What the F was I thinking?" :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405477007.747325.jpg

Refer to previous post for movie review
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Kidding Jim. While I may be a tad more religious or "faithful" than you, I agree with everything ya said
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby gila-river » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:53 pm

I like the direction this has gone. My personal top 3 celebrity movie titties:
•Halle Berry in swordfish
•Beverly D'angelo in Vacation
•Tonie Perensky in varsity blues
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:56 am

Glimmerjim wrote: Thanks Red, but had you read the novel of my life, you would realize that I can't even pretend to be cocky! Way too many "What the F was I thinking" episodes. Regardless of my religious thoughts, I have to admit that someone or something has been more than forgiving and has made my life blessed in more ways than I can even begin to believe I earned.
Redbeard wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405477007.747325.jpg

Refer to previous post for movie review

:lol: :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:59 am

Redbeard wrote:Kidding Jim. While I may be a tad more religious or "faithful" than you, I agree with everything ya said

I struggle with faith, at least in my experiences with organized religion, Red. I don't want to give it away cheaply, if that makes sense and doesn't sound condescending. It sure isn't meant to be. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:59 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Kidding Jim. While I may be a tad more religious or "faithful" than you, I agree with everything ya said

I struggle with faith, at least in my experiences with organized religion, Red. I don't want to give it away cheaply, if that makes sense and doesn't sound condescending. It sure isn't meant to be. :thumbsup:
naw I don't take it that way at all
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:09 am

I'm a cocky asshole. That's an "honest Jim review", to keep the thread on topic.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:53 am

assateague wrote:I'm a cocky asshole. That's an "honest Jim review", to keep the thread on topic.
not as cocky as you think
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:55 am

Redbeard wrote:
assateague wrote:I'm a cocky asshole. That's an "honest Jim review", to keep the thread on topic.
not as cocky as you think

3 out of 5 popcorn bags at best.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby gila-river » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 am

Watched "non stop" last night. Starring Liam Neson and Julianne Moore. Pretty solid. Especially for a type of movie that seems like it's been done before. The action is good but spaced too far out. I honestly thought that I had it all figured out in the first 20 minutes but I was wrong. There is a good surprise twist at the end. Unfortunately no boobs to report. However, if you have the urge to see Julianne's soulless gingery fun bags I will suggest another movie with the same two stars as this one. It's called ""Chloe" and has some solid lesbian scenes between her and Amanda Seyfreid. Who despite a slightly alien like face has an outstanding body. Overall I'm gonna give it a 3.5 out of 5. Worth a buck from redbox if you happen to see it.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:47 am

gila-river wrote:Watched "non stop" last night. Starring Liam Neson and Julianne Moore. Pretty solid. Especially for a type of movie that seems like it's been done before. The action is good but spaced too far out. I honestly thought that I had it all figured out in the first 20 minutes but I was wrong. There is a good surprise twist at the end. Unfortunately no boobs to report. However, if you have the urge to see Julianne's soulless gingery fun bags I will suggest another movie with the same two stars as this one. It's called ""Chloe" and has some solid lesbian scenes between her and Amanda Seyfreid. Who despite a slightly alien like face has an outstanding body. Overall I'm gonna give it a 3.5 out of 5. Worth a buck from redbox if you happen to see it.
i like Liam Neeson. But since Taken I think he's pigeon holed himself as that guy.
Redbeard

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:48 am

That is one HELL of an accurate review, assa. Ever think of teaming up with Roger Ebert? :lol: :lol:
Besides, we're all cocky or we wouldn't be here. Coincidentally, "Cocky" was the nickname the girls gave me in high school. I didn't think I was so bad, but the name sure seemed to stick. Not sure why they called me that! :lol: :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 am

Redbeard wrote: i like Liam Neeson. But since Taken I think he's pigeon holed himself as that guy.

Yep, couldn't agree more Red. I think it's going to look a little silly saying "I'm your worst nightmare, ya whippersnapper" in "Taken 57" when he has a hearing aid, an oily comb-over, liver spots, and two of those wrist bracket walker cane things! :lol:

If his agent had any sense he'd cast him in a good comedy, or make him a villain or something!
Glimmerjim

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
Redbeard wrote: i like Liam Neeson. But since Taken I think he's pigeon holed himself as that guy.

Yep, couldn't agree more Red. I think it's going to look a little silly saying "I'm your worst nightmare, ya whippersnapper" in "Taken 57" when he has a hearing aid, an oily comb-over, liver spots, and two of those wrist bracket walker cane things! :lol:

If his agent had any sense he'd cast him in a good comedy, or make him a villain or something!
hed make a great villain

Needless to say I think it's safe to safe we'll see him starring in the Expendables 4
Redbeard

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Glimmerjim wrote: If his agent had any sense he'd cast him in a good comedy, or make him a villain or something!
Redbeard wrote: hed make a great villain

Actually I didn't give it serious thought when I said it, but you're right. Kind of the Gary Oldman seriously villainous thing!

Redbeard wrote: Needless to say I think it's safe to say we'll see him starring in the Expendables 4

:lol: :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby Mean Gene » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Aracnoquake........it will stupid you into a coma.
The objective is to turn live ducks into dead ducks
Mean Gene

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:02 pm

The Lego Movie. No tits. But hilarious jokes. And subtleties you'll catch if you were a Lego kid
Redbeard

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 pm

"Indian Runner" is kind of an interesting movie. Not spectacular, but they use the locale (Nebraska) well and there are two good performances by the leads, David Morse and Viggo Mortensen. Sean Penn wrote and directed it, based on a song "Highway Patrolman" by Bruce Springsteen. The name of the album the song was on is "Nebraska". Kind of an interesting back-story.
They also use a song "Coming back to me" by Marty Balin and the original Jefferson Airplane to set the mood. Crazy good song, especially if you've ever lost a woman you didn't want to lose. Grace Slick just plays a recorder in the song.
Glimmerjim

Postby gila-river » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Redbeard wrote:The Lego Movie. No tits. But hilarious jokes. And subtleties you'll catch if you were a Lego kid

Lego movie is awesome. I think I like it more than my kids.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:29 pm

gila-river wrote:
Redbeard wrote:The Lego Movie. No tits. But hilarious jokes. And subtleties you'll catch if you were a Lego kid

Funny to hear grown men talking about how good/funny kid movies are. My neighbor was telling me the other day how he liked the movie "Frozen"... maybe they've made them more adult friendly for the parents to sit though? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:38 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
gila-river wrote:

Funny to hear grown men talking about how good/funny kid movies are. My neighbor was telling me the other day how he liked the movie "Frozen"... maybe they've made them more adult friendly for the parents to sit though? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Absolutely have. I think Shrek started that trend but I could be wrong.

Here are some kids movies that I think are pretty awesome.

All of the Madagascar movies
Both of the How to Train Your Dragon movies
Lego movie
Shrek movies
Up
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

That is just some of them but I can definitely sit through any of those with my son and laugh.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
gila-river wrote:

yup. Though Frozen bored me. Definitely a cartoon chick flick
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm

gila-river wrote: I think I like it more than my kids.

I know what you meant, but this reads funny.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby gila-river » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:35 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

Bwahahaha. Only thing that gets that title is making more of em:lol:
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby waterfowlman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:"Indian Runner" is kind of an interesting movie. Not spectacular, but they use the locale (Nebraska) well and there are two good performances by the leads, David Morse and Viggo Mortensen. Sean Penn wrote and directed it, based on a song "Highway Patrolman" by Bruce Springsteen. The name of the album the song was on is "Nebraska". Kind of an interesting back-story.
They also use a song "Coming back to me" by Marty Balin and the original Jefferson Airplane to set the mood. Crazy good song, especially if you've ever lost a woman you didn't want to lose. Grace Slick just plays a recorder in the song.

I'd like to meet Sean Penn in person.....in a dark alley.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:59 pm

gila-river wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

I like practice
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:11 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
gila-river wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

I like practice

You need to learn to differentiate practice and game time...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:"Indian Runner" is kind of an interesting movie. Not spectacular, but they use the locale (Nebraska) well and there are two good performances by the leads, David Morse and Viggo Mortensen. Sean Penn wrote and directed it, based on a song "Highway Patrolman" by Bruce Springsteen. The name of the album the song was on is "Nebraska". Kind of an interesting back-story.

waterfowlman wrote: I'd like to meet Sean Penn in person.....in a dark alley.

Why don't you like him, Rick? Personally, I'd prefer to meet his ex, Robin Penn Wright in a dark alley! :lol: She was freakin hot in Forrest Gump, IMO.
Glimmerjim

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind