A Tragicomedy

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: A Tragicomedy

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:18 am

3legged_lab wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:You guys are right, we should just give all women a whistle and wish them the best of luck.

Wouldn't have to if they'd stay in the house like they're supposed to.

They have to go get groceries from time to time.

Just have to find a grocery store that's fairly close to a bar. Drop them off and ask how many beers will it take until she's done.
clampdaddy

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:38 am

RonE wrote:
Far too many factors during the commission of a crime against an armed person to really have a discussion that means anything.

Lets consider the rape of a woman that has a concealed handgun (licensed or not). What would some of the considerations be?

Semi auto........is a round in the chamber and the hammer back on a single action or is it a double action?
In a rape situation, is the gun handy or does she have to dig through her purse to get it?
In a rape, consider the range to be short, aiming isn't even a consideration, just point an pull the trigger (or do you have to rack the slide?).

With a revolver, it is only a matter of pulling the trigger (assume it is double action).

What is going to stop the crime?
The sight of the gun?
The mere sound of the gun?
Hitting the assailant in a non vital spot?
Hitting the assailant in the nuts?
Killing the assailant?

Even with a concealed weapon, you have to be able to access it and deploy it and most importantly, control it. It negates the reason for carrying a weapon if your assailant takes it from you.

Now consider all these factors and others too and also the time lapse of the attack and I contend that a gun is often not a deterrent to attacks on a woman.

Then don't carry one if you don't want to. But you know what IS a deterrent?

If there are 10 potential victims in front of a criminal, and you tell him "two of them have guns- you may choose to attack or not", as opposed to telling them "none of them have guns- you may choose to attack or not".

Which group you think the criminal will go for?
assateague

Postby AKPirate » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 am

YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 am

That's got to be his sister or something.
clampdaddy

Postby gila-river » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am

Had a buddy in college who hated his roommate with a passion. Told me he jerked off into his shampoo everytime he took a shower. We were at a party near the end if the year and he told the kid. I really thought he was gonna kill him. Crying and screaming. It was pretty damn entertaining.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 am

gila-river wrote:Had a buddy in college who hated his roommate with a passion. Told me he jerked off into his shampoo everytime he took a shower. We were at a party near the end if the year and he told the kid. I really thought he was gonna kill him. Crying and screaming. It was pretty damn entertaining.

I would have
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 pm

I would have told him to relax the protein is good for your hair
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 pm

3legged_lab wrote:I would have told him to relax the protein is good for your hair

Like we've never used that one before. :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby RonE » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:06 am

assateague wrote:
RonE wrote:
Far too many factors during the commission of a crime against an armed person to really have a discussion that means anything.

Lets consider the rape of a woman that has a concealed handgun (licensed or not). What would some of the considerations be?

Semi auto........is a round in the chamber and the hammer back on a single action or is it a double action?
In a rape situation, is the gun handy or does she have to dig through her purse to get it?
In a rape, consider the range to be short, aiming isn't even a consideration, just point an pull the trigger (or do you have to rack the slide?).

With a revolver, it is only a matter of pulling the trigger (assume it is double action).

What is going to stop the crime?
The sight of the gun?
The mere sound of the gun?
Hitting the assailant in a non vital spot?
Hitting the assailant in the nuts?
Killing the assailant?

Even with a concealed weapon, you have to be able to access it and deploy it and most importantly, control it. It negates the reason for carrying a weapon if your assailant takes it from you.

Now consider all these factors and others too and also the time lapse of the attack and I contend that a gun is often not a deterrent to attacks on a woman.

Then don't carry one if you don't want to. But you know what IS a deterrent?

If there are 10 potential victims in front of a criminal, and you tell him "two of them have guns- you may choose to attack or not", as opposed to telling them "none of them have guns- you may choose to attack or not".

Which group you think the criminal will go for?

Just a guess but the group with no guns? ;)

As long as I'm in my truck, I don't have to carry a gun, there is always one in the door or consol. My wife carries one in her purse once in a while and always in her car.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Previous

Return to The Blind