Beef, are you here?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Beef, are you here?

Postby jehler » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Boss I need help with the Atlantic's, help a brotha out would ya?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Re: Beef, are you here?

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Hopefully he responds to you the same way you've been responding to me. Ass.

I'm guessing the answer to my last message is "yes"
Bulldog0156

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 am

We don't ever target atlantics, just so few of them. We only get them good when mixed in with browns in the early spring trolling shallow with sticks and spoons. Its just a by happen chance in other times as well. Don't know anyone who has a summer program for them. Just accidently get one targeting salmon in the summer etc.

Here's a small engine question for you. At full throttle the merc 15 2 stroke bogs down intermittently. It wsnt getting above idle before I change out a bad gas can. Before that I took out carb, it was very clean, changed spark plugs, fuel filter, ran new ethanol free gas through it. So its running great now at trolling speeds but still having a gas issue I guess at full throttle. I figure its a bad connenction in the gas line and will try replacing the fitting at the engine port next. Anything else besides a gas line that would be causing the engine to interrmitently bog down and then rev back up and run fine and then bog down like every two minutes?
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:01 am

You're dropping a cylinder. Sorry for your loss Beef.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:06 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:You're dropping a cylinder. Sorry for your loss Beef.

You serious?
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby jehler » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:07 am

Bulldog0156 wrote:Hopefully he responds to you the same way you've been responding to me. Ass.

I'm guessing the answer to my last message is "yes"
no, I've givin up on having that for summer this year
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:11 am

Dammit, we have a lake stocked heavy with Atlantic's and I can't catch one to save my life in the summer. Easy as pie in the spring

As for your motor beef most likely a fuel issue, something is preventing enough gas from getting in at full throttle. First check fittings, then with the lid off te motor squeeze the bulb and see if gas leaks anywhere, if it leaks it means it will also suck air. Third is check the fuel pump. Also the float and needle could be adjusted wrong or a dirty high speed jet, usually the dirty jet causes a "cough" kinda scenario thiugh
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 am

Just talked to buddy about atlantics. Apparently they have already started running here and his buudy got a nice 28 incher in the staging area of the salmon river last weekend. Maybe try the river mouths or out a ways from them????
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 am

Thanks for engine tips. This thing is pissin me off lately.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:26 am

He actually went on to say they run from late june here til right now in lake ontario.. And the one caught was in the river itself just in the estuary staging area, not the lake itself.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:30 am

Maybe get the noodle rods, waders and egg sacs out. People are also getting early run skamenia steelhead that also run early. Good time to be on the rivers I suppose, before all the yawhoo king snaggers come in droves and start snagging everything and everyone around them.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby assateague » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:42 am

You got a bad oxygen sensor.
assateague

Postby RonE » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 am

Mornin Beef wrote:We don't ever target atlantics, just so few of them. We only get them good when mixed in with browns in the early spring trolling shallow with sticks and spoons. Its just a by happen chance in other times as well. Don't know anyone who has a summer program for them. Just accidently get one targeting salmon in the summer etc.

Here's a small engine question for you. At full throttle the merc 15 2 stroke bogs down intermittently. It wsnt getting above idle before I change out a bad gas can. Before that I took out carb, it was very clean, changed spark plugs, fuel filter, ran new ethanol free gas through it. So its running great now at trolling speeds but still having a gas issue I guess at full throttle. I figure its a bad connenction in the gas line and will try replacing the fitting at the engine port next. Anything else besides a gas line that would be causing the engine to interrmitently bog down and then rev back up and run fine and then bog down like every two minutes?

Don't know if you have oil injection or not but if you do, check your oil lines. A loose oil line or a vacuum leak in an oil line will cause the motor to bog down and eventually quit. Often it will start back up and run for a few minutes, or longer at low rpm's and then go to hell shortly after applying full throttle. Taking it to the dealer or repair facility is futile in that they seldom look because they have a chance to start selling you one part after another. (do I sound like I have experience?) If your oil and gas lines are old and brittle, replace them and see if that doesn't fix things.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Beef, are you here?

Postby bill herian » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:54 am

The boys are doing pretty good from Frankfurt to Grand Haven. Not creaming them, but well ahead of what we're getting here.

And that's mostly tin, I don't get reliable charter reports from over there.
bill herian

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 am

I'm not very boat motor savy but that problem on any of my small engines would point me to look for a gas tank or fuel bowl venting issue.
clampdaddy

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:27 am

assateague wrote:You got a bad oxygen sensor.

You got a bad oxygen sensor, lol.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:28 am

bill herian wrote:The boys are doing pretty good from Frankfurt to Grand Haven. Not creaming them, but well ahead of what we're getting here.

So they don't make much earlier runs than kings out there huh....interesting.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 am

clampdaddy wrote:I'm not very boat motor savy but that problem on any of my small engines would point me to look for a gas tank or fuel bowl venting issue.

Gotcha, hope new fuel line will fix this lil bitch of a problem up real quick.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:32 am

RonE this is mixed fuel 50:1. Pray this is just a bad fuel line for me. If I take the hood off and squeeze that bulb and gas goes flying out like a sprinkler I'm gunna cry like a lil baby backed bitch.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Goldfish » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:43 am

Mornin Beef wrote:RonE this is mixed fuel 50:1. Pray this is just a bad fuel line for me. If I take the hood off and squeeze that bulb and gas goes flying out like a sprinkler I'm gunna cry like a lil baby backed bitch.
why,.you'll have found your problem. If it doesn't, then stay to cry.

Btw, my gas tank doesn't vent for crap. I have to crack the filler cap to run at throttle for a while, otherwise a vacuum forms in the tank.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Goldfish wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:RonE this is mixed fuel 50:1. Pray this is just a bad fuel line for me. If I take the hood off and squeeze that bulb and gas goes flying out like a sprinkler I'm gunna cry like a lil baby backed bitch.
why,.you'll have found your problem. If it doesn't, then stay to cry.

Btw, my gas tank doesn't vent for crap. I have to crack the filler cap to run at throttle for a while, otherwise a vacuum forms in the tank.

Rather it be fuel line than an engine spitting gas from everywhere goldie. Come on man.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Goldfish » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:36 pm

I was envisioning it squirting from the fuel line inside the hood I guess
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Bulldog0156 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:32 pm

bill herian wrote:The boys are doing pretty good from Frankfurt to Grand Haven. Not creaming them, but well ahead of what we're getting here.

Bill do "the boys" know what Atlantics are? The only reliable atlantic bite I have ever heard of was on the St. Marys down to the straits of Mackinac. The only place they were stocked was in the St. Mary's at the powerhouse. I know guys in the Sault did ok on them until things warmed up, then it was only super small flies that they could catch 'em on.

I find it hard to believe that the Lake Michigan fishery has changed that much in 5 years. Although I've heard the weather in Michigan is the most unpredictable, maybe the fishing is the same :lol:

Jehler, you're still an ass.
Bulldog0156

Postby bill herian » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:54 am

I was not referring to Atlantic salmon.

An the fishery has changed in 5 years, it died.
bill herian

Postby Mornin Beef » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:25 am

So jehler, that make any sense?? You think they are in the river/creeks already?? Do you guys have early run steelhead too? What's your take on that beel?
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby bill herian » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:59 am

Our steelhead try to run here in the spring, but I don't have an accessible stream within 25 miles so our "run" amounts to them pittling around in the harbors for a few weeks.
bill herian

Postby jehler » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:36 pm

No idea beef, I know guys get them in the fall well into November bug I have no idea when they show up. We mark assloads of fish suspended deep but nothing hits
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Mornin Beef » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:42 pm

jehler wrote:No idea beef, I know guys get them in the fall well into November bug I have no idea when they show up. We mark assloads of fish suspended deep but nothing hits

cripes...if they are staging, i know our staging fish get super finicky and only bite in spurts near dawn and dusk...and by that i mean kings and cohos. that when we see em piled up like cord wood on the screens, its staging in the vicinity of a river mouth.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby bill herian » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:34 pm

jehler wrote:We mark assloads of fish suspended deep but nothing hits

Gizzard shad.
bill herian

Postby jehler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:59 pm

bill herian wrote:
jehler wrote:We mark assloads of fish suspended deep but nothing hits

Gizzard shad.
lots of herring in the lake also, I suspect that's what I'm marking?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Next

Return to The Blind