What do you like to see in waterfowl hunting shows

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: What do you like to see in waterfowl hunting shows

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 pm

Legend Waterfowl wrote:Sorry that I asked for some opinions. I thought I would get some good input but I can see that's not going too happen. I'll try to find a site with some ADULT conversation.

AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Legend Waterfowl wrote:Sorry that I asked for some opinions. I thought I would get some good input but I can see that's not going too happen. I'll try to find a site with some ADULT conversation.

Smells like somethin died! That was uncalled for Boot! Play nice!
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Actually, you want an honest answer? I'll give you an honest answer. How about a show with guys out having fun! Limits of mallards? Who gives a fuck! Have a show of normal guys out having a good time. Take kids along, show them the ropes. Shoot spoonies like they are a prize duck. Don't preach to me about how good your duck call, gun, decoys, parka, waders,... are. I don't care! Sure, tell us about what it use to be like or what can be done to help our hunting. But make it more like friendly advice. I hate Pro-staff that think they "know it all" and tell us what to do. You do shit your way, I do shit my way. Every situation is different and you can't tell me how to hunt my ponds, anymore than I can tell you.

Be real people, real hunters. Not some macho douchebag plugging your sponsors thinking you are Gods gift to duck hunting. Make that show! I'd watch that.

Plus a girl or two thrown in the mix wouldn't hurt either!
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:54 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Arrest me! :lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Ok, I would like to make a citizens arrest! How does a person do that?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Olly » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:58 pm

I don't know what you expected. You didn't tell anyone about yourself or your plans with the information you were seeking. If you ask me you're all take and no give. Tell us a little more about yourself and your project and I guarantee you'll get a more serious response.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

What do you like to see in waterfowl hunting shows

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:00 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Ok, I would like to make a citizens arrest! How does a person do that?

Ill send you the paperwork its really quite easy.
Last edited by Bootlipkiller on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootlipkiller

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Olly wrote:

I don't know what you expected. You didn't tell anyone about yourself or your plans with the information you were seeking. If you ask me you're all take and no give. Tell us a little more about yourself and your project and I guarantee you'll get a more serious response.

Ha ha! He said guarantee!

Spoken to 3Leg
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:Ill send you the paperwork its really quite easy.

Just post it on here so everybody has a copy :thumbsup:

Spoken to 3Leg
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Mornin Beef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Id rather watch them scouting all over like a birdwatching show.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Mornin Beef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Hhahahahah
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Tiler_J wrote:Actually, you want an honest answer? I'll give you an honest answer. How about a show with guys out having fun! Limits of mallards? Who gives a fuck! Have a show of normal guys out having a good time. Take kids along, show them the ropes. Shoot spoonies like they are a prize duck. Don't preach to me about how good your duck call, gun, decoys, parka, waders,... are. I don't care! Sure, tell us about what it use to be like or what can be done to help our hunting. But make it more like friendly advice. I hate Pro-staff that think they "know it all" and tell us what to do. You do shit your way, I do shit my way. Every situation is different and you can't tell me how to hunt my ponds, anymore than I can tell you.

Be real people, real hunters. Not some macho douchebag plugging your sponsors thinking you are Gods gift to duck hunting. Make that show! I'd watch that.

i know a lot of guys thought Benny Spies was an idiot, but that dude knew how to have fun. And I loved his show. The episode where he was taking his plug out during his walk out to the pond and lost his spring in the water cracked me up. His gun was a single shot for the whole show. I died laughing. I'm with ya Joel
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
Ha!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:55 pm

I just cannot stand to watch hunting shows. I try, and I try, but they just put me out like a light.
assateague

Postby Mornin Beef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:58 pm

assateague wrote:I just cannot stand to watch hunting shows. I try, and I try, but they just put me out like a light.

X2 its just a commercial with breaks for more commercials
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:10 pm

I was being serious.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby gila-river » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Tiler_J wrote:Actually, you want an honest answer? I'll give you an honest answer. How about a show with guys out having fun! Limits of mallards? Who gives a fuck! Have a show of normal guys out having a good time. Take kids along, show them the ropes. Shoot spoonies like they are a prize duck. Don't preach to me about how good your duck call, gun, decoys, parka, waders,... are. I don't care! Sure, tell us about what it use to be like or what can be done to help our hunting. But make it more like friendly advice. I hate Pro-staff that think they "know it all" and tell us what to do. You do shit your way, I do shit my way. Every situation is different and you can't tell me how to hunt my ponds, anymore than I can tell you.

All this. I have never seen a hunting show version of Bill Dance. Ya he pitches some stuff (gotta pay the bills) but he also fishes exactly like I would and his bloopers are some of the funniest crap I've seen. Comes across as an average with some solid advice thrown in along the way.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Redbeard wrote:

i know a lot of guys thought Benny Spies was an idiot, but that dude knew how to have fun. And I loved his show. The episode where he was taking his plug out during his walk out to the pond and lost his spring in the water cracked me up. His gun was a single shot for the whole show. I died laughing. I'm with ya Joel

I was going to mention that guy. Every show was great...but the one you mentioned had me rolling because it's something that actually happens.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Botiz630 wrote:I was being serious.

I wasn't.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:01 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

I was going to mention that guy. Every show was great...but the one you mentioned had me rolling because it's something that actually happens.
yea he wasn't afraid to jump shoot anything. And he misses as much as he hit
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Is Benny spies even around anymore?
Redbeard

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Redbeard wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

Always liked the empty beer cans rolling around the floor of the mini winnie. :lol:
clampdaddy

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm

gila-river wrote:

All this. I have never seen a hunting show version of Bill Dance. Ya he pitches some stuff (gotta pay the bills) but he also fishes exactly like I would and his bloopers are some of the funniest crap I've seen. Comes across as an average with some solid advice thrown in along the way.

Too bad the OP got pissed and left. I told him there were a lot of good ideas here.

It would be neat to have a show where they just go around and hunt with average guys. Let viewers volunteer to host hunts and not all the big money private club hunts. Just whatever a guy normally does. Make the show more about hunting than actually just shooting ducks. Limits of bufflehead, ring necks, and spoonies. Make it something most of us can relate to.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Redbeard wrote:Is Benny spies even around anymore?

He has some sort of column in Field and Stream, which is unfortunate.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Tiler_J wrote:Too bad the OP got pissed and left. I told him there were a lot of good ideas here.

Its o.k., he was just using us. I feel dirty now.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:24 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

Always liked the empty beer cans rolling around the floor of the mini winnie. :lol:
yup!
Redbeard

Postby sws002 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Redbeard wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

Yup. And who on here wouldn't fucking love to be able to take an old ass motorhome around the country hunting?
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby banknote » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Legend Waterfowl wrote:Or do you prefer informative information...?

This. And some scenic scenery is always nice. Also like seeing comraderous comerades enjoying their enjoyment of natural nature. That would be awesomely awesome.
banknote

Postby gila-river » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:13 pm

banknote wrote:
Legend Waterfowl wrote:Or do you prefer informative information...?

This. And some scenic scenery is always nice. Also like seeing comraderous comerades enjoying their enjoyment of natural nature. That would be awesomely awesome.

:lol::lol::lol:
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind