North Dakota Trip

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

North Dakota Trip

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:46 pm

After 17 years of football I finally have my weekends free in the fall. Im taking a trip up to North Dakota to my families ranch . I am leaving this Wednesday night and getting back Sunday. there is no real reason for this post. Im just happy as shit and want to share my joy with the world. I will post up pics when I get back.

:duck: :scooter:
IndianaMallard64

Re: North Dakota Trip

Postby timberjak » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Have a safe trip!

Hope ya do well
timberjak

Postby Rick » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Have a hoot.
Rick

Postby Weston81 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Best of luck to ya! :thumbsup:
Weston81

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Good luck, man!
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks guys! Would love to organize a big trip one day with some guys from the forum. My family has a few thousand acres up there. And plenty of ducks
IndianaMallard64

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:29 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:Thanks guys! Would love to organize a big trip one day with some guys from the forum. My family has a few thousand acres up there. And plenty of ducks

Count me in.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby firstflight » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Good luck have a safe trip and kill a lot of stuff ..
firstflight

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:38 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:Thanks guys! Would love to organize a big trip one day with some guys from the forum. My family has a few thousand acres up there. And plenty of ducks

WFF Cold Ass hunt 2016?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Olly wrote:

WFF Cold Ass hunt 2016?

Beautiful!!!!!
How have you held out on us this long Indiana jones!?!?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 pm

I have a problem of leaving the forum in the offseason. then I realize how much I love and miss you guys then i come back................. :thumbsup:

Really though it would be fun to get a decent group together
IndianaMallard64

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:I have a problem of leaving the forum in the offseason. then I realize how much I love and miss you guys then i come back................. :thumbsup:

Really though it would be fun to get a decent group together

Im in if I can work it around school.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Duckdog » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:57 pm

You haven't been invited yet. ;)
Duckdog

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Duckdog wrote:You haven't been invited yet. ;)

I just invite myself. I'm cool like thst
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:35 am

Talked to my buddy in North Dakota, he said it was all water hunts not many crops down where he hunts .
firstflight

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm

yep thats all we are hunting. We have a few slews on the property
IndianaMallard64

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Olly wrote:

WFF Cold Ass hunt 2016?

Amen
IndianaMallard64

Postby Willie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:After 17 years of football I finally have my weekends free in the fall. Im taking a trip up to North Dakota to my families ranch . I am leaving this Wednesday night and getting back Sunday. there is no real reason for this post. Im just happy as shit and want to share my joy with the world. I will post up pics when I get back.

That's cool, look forward to the pics and stories.
You coaching or playing the fooseball?
Willie

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:53 am

Willie wrote:
IndianaMallard64 wrote:After 17 years of football I finally have my weekends free in the fall. Im taking a trip up to North Dakota to my families ranch . I am leaving this Wednesday night and getting back Sunday. there is no real reason for this post. Im just happy as shit and want to share my joy with the world. I will post up pics when I get back.

Played for all 17, I just graduated College in the spring.
IndianaMallard64

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:54 am

IndianaMallard64 wrote:
Willie wrote:

Played for all 17, I just graduated College in the spring.

Where did you play in college?
Woody

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:00 am

So it ends up that the area I went to was in between the resident ducks leaving and the migrators arriving. There for we saw barely any ducks the entire two days and if we did see them they were extremely smart and did not decoy or even get close (with lots of work). My dad and I decided that instead of getting pissed off with the little amount of ducks we were seeing we decided to go all out on upland hunting. In the end we had an amazing trip. we both limited out friday and saturday and also got about 14 cottontails. Overall not what I was expecting with the trip. But it ended up being an amazing time at my families ranch.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
IndianaMallard64

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:03 am

Also for your viewing pleasure and my sexiness
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
IndianaMallard64

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:13 am

IndianaMallard64 wrote:So it ends up that the area I went to was in between the resident ducks leaving and the migrators arriving. There for we saw barely any ducks the entire two days and if we did see them they were extremely smart and did not decoy or even get close (with lots of work). My dad and I decided that instead of getting pissed off with the little amount of ducks we were seeing we decided to go all out on upland hunting. In the end we had an amazing trip. we both limited out friday and saturday and also got about 14 cottontails. Overall not what I was expecting with the trip. But it ended up being an amazing time at my families ranch.

Wow talk about a good trip.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby firstflight » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:11 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:So it ends up that the area I went to was in between the resident ducks leaving and the migrators arriving. There for we saw barely any ducks the entire two days and if we did see them they were extremely smart and did not decoy or even get close (with lots of work). My dad and I decided that instead of getting pissed off with the little amount of ducks we were seeing we decided to go all out on upland hunting. In the end we had an amazing trip. we both limited out friday and saturday and also got about 14 cottontails. Overall not what I was expecting with the trip. But it ended up being an amazing time at my families ranch.

Nice job on working it out and getting some tail.
firstflight

Postby sws002 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Don't feel bad, you didn't do anything wrong. We're a few hours north of your spot right now and we are just starting to see birds show up. Probably put 150+ miles on this afternoon and finally found a pothole holding 2k plus mallards. Probably hadn't seen more than a dozen anywhere else. Hope they come back tomorrow...
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby sws002 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Well we're headed home now. Ended the trip with right around 60 birds between 3 guys. Not the best but far from bad. Still had a blast.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Return to The Blind