Holy Shit

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Holy Shit

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:21 pm

"Hunters storm capital"
"Up residents block Mackinaw Bridge"
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby bill herian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 pm

It is pretty neat that a measure like would be totally unenforceable.
bill herian

Postby Woody » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Probably just restrict doe hunting....

Not that it would stop any of them up there.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:30 pm

bill herian wrote:It is pretty neat that a measure like would be totally unenforceable.

The beauty of God's country
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby bill herian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Did they jack the license fees for residents too? Everything for nonres doubled. In one year. I pooped right then and there.
bill herian

Postby Woody » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:35 pm

bill herian wrote:Did they jack the license fees for residents too? Everything for nonres doubled. In one year. I pooped right then and there.

Depends... if you hunt a lot of species, it is cheaper. If you hunt one it is way, way more expensive.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:36 pm

It will work itself out without any involvement. I would expect hunter harvest to be next to nothing this year. I know several people that usually deer hunt up there that aren't going this year for rifle season. If the winter allows, survival should be extremely high because there will be no competition for food. Then the next year I would expect a small hunter harvest as well because most deer will be 1.5years old and not meet most hunters standards as well as APRs. Then again, if winter allows, most deer should survive because they are still down on population. Then the following year will be back close to normal.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:39 pm

bill herian wrote:Did they jack the license fees for residents too? Everything for nonres doubled. In one year. I pooped right then and there.

Deer tags went from $15 to $20. But now you have to buy the base license on top. So for the people that only deer hunt it's a considerable jump. I think I saved a couple bucks this year in the end though with the removal of the $13 WMA access permit.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby bill herian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Well I paid for your share of the WMAs.
bill herian

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:09 pm

bill herian wrote:Well I paid for your share of the WMAs.

And I thank you.
I think the new system it pretty good. They just need to add a non resident 7-day base license option.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:50 pm

I bet if the state ASKED hunters up there by explaining that it would be in their own benefit to not harvest deer for a few years then offer some kind of free tag after a few seasons more hunters would abide than not. The only people that wouldn't understand are inbred deep woods Yoopers.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Goldfish » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:56 am

Olly wrote:I bet if the state ASKED hunters up there by explaining that it would be in their own benefit to not harvest deer for a few years then offer some kind of free tag after a few seasons more hunters would abide than not. The only people that wouldn't understand are inbred deep woods Yoopers.

If they are anything like MN residents, you can bet your biscuits they'd mind. And it's the DNR's fault that there are no deer either.

We've been playing that game the lady couple years across the state, and for the last decade in the arrow head region. Never mind the harsh winters, or the fact that white tails really weren't a part of the north shore till humans changed the landscape...
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby firstflight » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:09 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

Deer tags went from $15 to $20. But now you have to buy the base license on top. So for the people that only deer hunt it's a considerable jump. I think I saved a couple bucks this year in the end though with the removal of the $13 WMA access permit.

We pay 24 for a small game hunting license that you have to have. then if you hunt turkey it is 24 for one tag then 24 for your second tag. Then 24 for fall turkey.
then 15 for a state wetland stamp 15 for a federal stamp
then if you hunt deer it's 24 for you're buck tag then 24 for a fishing license.
only good thing youth is half of that.
firstflight

Previous

Return to The Blind