Holy Shit

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Holy ****

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:00 am

Laguna Madre wrote:Does anybody have any idea what unit the buck was taken in?

I'd avoid his area. Probably ground up every other buck in it.
Rick

Re: Holy Shit

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:07 am

Laguna Madre wrote:Does anybody have any idea what unit the buck was taken in?

The Chernobyl unit
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Re: Holy ****

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:47 am

Laguna Madre wrote:Does anybody have any idea what unit the buck was taken in? I have 7 preference points built up that I'll be ready to cash in soon. Looking at unit 66 and 67 pretty hard. Elk hunted in 66 back in 2013 and saw a 30 inch 200 class mule deer but only had an elk tag in my pocket.

It was some OTC unit that I wouldn't waste my preference points on. You will have better luck buying a tag in a premium unit, more big bucks.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks DH
ducks~n~bucks

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:49 am

The thing I love about this buck is that it was taken by an average Joe, on a DIY public land hunt with an OTC tag.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:59 am

Botiz630 wrote:Good thing he's got that tarp down, otherwise the bed of his truck might get dirty.

Seems like the idiots around here make it a point to have the blood running out the bottom of their tailgates and down their bumpers. If they kill a buck they'll position it so the rack is sticking up out of the bed on the way to the taxidermist or processor.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:01 am

gila-river wrote:Aww cmon, no one? I then take it upon myself to add that it woulda been a real shooter next year.

Wait wait wait. What?
Thought you left us with the others.
Was it harvest season or something? Anyways welcome back.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:Good thing he's got that tarp down, otherwise the bed of his truck might get dirty.

Seems like the idiots around here make it a point to have the blood running out the bottom of their tailgates and down their bumpers. If they kill a buck they'll position it so the rack is sticking up out of the bed on the way to the taxidermist or processor.

Seen a guy strap to his hood of his truck once.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Goldfish » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:34 am

Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Seen a guy strap to his hood of his truck once.

If I got a one in a lifetime buck I sure as hell would have that mfer displayed loud and proud on my trek home
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:56 pm

See, I'd keep it on the DL and then go back and shoot his brother/daddy/granddaddy....loose lips makes for shitty hunting.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:30 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:See, I'd keep it on the DL and then go back and shoot his brother/daddy/granddaddy....loose lips makes for shitty hunting.

I hunt private land for deers
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:25 am

As do I. And no one ever trespasses. Or drives around at night with rifles and spotlights.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:02 am

Or hunts the fence line.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:04 am

NuffDaddy wrote:Or hunts the fence line.

I HATE people who do that.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:05 am

We have to drive through about 5 miles of back roads through public land to get to our property. There have been some nice bucks taken off there and we always butter them in the bottom of the bed so no one knows. We are bordered by state land on 2 half mile sides. Already have enough guys hunting the fence.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:06 am

NuffDaddy wrote:We have to drive through about 5 miles of back roads through public land to get to our property. There have been some nice bucks taken off there and we always butter them in the bottom of the bed so no one knows. We are bordered by state land on 2 half mile sides. Already have enough guys hunting the fence.

You butter them?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:06 am

Woody wrote:

Second week of rifle season rolls around and all the locals start the deer drives. Get a bunch of kids lined up on our fence with pots and pans then walk the public land to the next road.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:07 am

Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:We have to drive through about 5 miles of back roads through public land to get to our property. There have been some nice bucks taken off there and we always butter them in the bottom of the bed so no one knows. We are bordered by state land on 2 half mile sides. Already have enough guys hunting the fence.

You butter them?

Yeah. Makes em taste berret
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby bill herian » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:24 pm

Woody wrote:

Yea I hate when people legally hunt on their own private property.

The fenceline is fair game. Where you decide to shoot is another matter.
bill herian

Postby Woody » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:57 pm

bill herian wrote:
Woody wrote:

Yea I hate when people legally hunt on their own private property.

The fenceline is fair game. Where you decide to shoot is another matter.

You're right, but the ones around me usually don't pay much attention to the 2nd part of you're statement.
Woody

Postby bill herian » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Yea no shooting over the fence. If you hit one and he crosses over, you get 2 guys, 1 weapon, 1 hour. If you aren't still on blood after that, sorry. I really hope you find him but can't have guys romping around the property mid-November.
bill herian

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Yeah, it must suck to be the few that have to hunt private. :mrgreen:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:19 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Yeah, it must suck to be the few that have to hunt private. :mrgreen:

Come on over and hunt some michigan public land. One of the hardest places there is to kill a decent whitetail buck. Unless you know what you are doing.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:09 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Yeah, it must suck to be the few that have to hunt private. :mrgreen:

Come on over and hunt some michigan public land. One of the hardest places there is to kill a decent whitetail buck. Unless you know what you are doing.

You should try arkansas. Tried for the first time this weekend only to find that there is private land(houses) within the public wma. The maps say it's all public but it ain't. Pretty much said fuck it when I discovered that shit. Not worth potentially getting a ticket for trespassing.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby bill herian » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:12 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

Says everyone everywhere who hunts public land.
bill herian

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:21 am

NuffDaddy wrote:

Unless you're in the UP. Especially the western UP.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 am

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Unless you're in the UP. Especially the western UP.

Not this year. 60%+ die offs last year plus the wolf kills. Everyone I've talked to can't find any kind of deer up there this year.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby bill herian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:46 am

Olly are you high? There are no deer in the UP. Small isolated herds where there is AG. Other than that the place is void of all terrestrial wildlife. Friend had one break into his foyer to eat the dog food this winter. They dead
bill herian

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:09 pm

bill herian wrote:Olly are you high? There are no deer in the UP. Small isolated herds where there is AG. Other than that the place is void of all terrestrial wildlife. Friend had one break into his foyer to eat the dog food this winter. They dead

Now they are. 2 years ago when I lived there they weren't. They'll be back in a few years. Need to not issue any UP permits for 5 seasons.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby bill herian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Now that would make for some great headlines .
bill herian

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind