Regulars role call

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Regulars role call

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:25 am

Last year we had a bunch of people leave the site but I'm happy to see a nice group of regulars here now. Let's have a role call of all the regulars old and new. Tell everyone a little about yourself if you want.

Name here of course is Oliver and I'm active duty Coast Guard. Been hunting ducks for only 6 or 7 years, started when I moved to MI in 2008 and had no idea how good I had it up there duck wise :lol: Down in AL now and try to beat the crowds and chase the ducks the best I can during our warm early season.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Regulars role call

Postby Bad17 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:59 am

Real name is Brian. I am a veteran. I live in east Texas. I have been hunting ducks for around 30 years now. I currently work as a fireman and have been for 8 years and I do construction/remodel work as a side job. I love to hunt and fish as much as possible.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby DixieDawg » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:27 am

Real name is Dusty,I hunt,fish and shoot all I can retired navy and am now work in logistics for a major petroleum supplier who owns a bunch of truck stops across the country east tennessee isn't great for ducks but we scratch up a few here and there and I also am an NRA certified and TN state certified firearms instructor teach handgun carry permit classes and work part time as a range instructor for several local law enforcement agencies in my area
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:31 am

Name is Wayne USCG Vet. Work for a forestry equipment manufacturer in Parts. Hunted and fished all my life. Got back in to duck hunting a couple of years ago. Got my start hunting w dad and grandpa on the big lake.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:55 am

Name is Craig. I am a junior at the university of Arkansas. Work in the oilfield when I'm not at school. Have hunted ducks 5-6 years, last few haven't been so hot.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby gock5 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm Craig too...51, central Illinois. Have been duck hunting for 17 years. Deer, pheasant, dove before. Mainly hunt lakes with a Tracker Grizzly w/ blind. My puppy is 7 yrs old, Chessie; she goes by Roxy.

Married 24 yrs next month, 3 kids, 21 yr old is a junior at SIU-Carbondale (wildlife biologiest), 19 yr old, graduated from Robert Morris in advanced culinary arts, working as a sous chef in Chicago, the baby, 16 yr old boy, sophomore in HS.

Can't wait til Father's Day...annual fishing trip with the kids to Dawson Lake for crappie!

:fishing:
The Most Interesting Man In The World, REX "MOTHER ******" CHAPMAN!
gock5

Postby Darren » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:21 pm

here every day whether posting or perusing so I guess that's pretty regular. My name's Darren, oddly enough, and I am an environmental engineer working in the consulting industry. (we work with the industrial sector like refineries, plants, etc. along the Mississippi River primarily.) I also dabble in freelance outdoor writing and photography for local publications. Been duck hunting for about 18 years or so but really only hard at it since about 2002, all here in S. Louisiana in rice fields or fresh/salt marshes. Also love to fish on the coast when not hunting.
Darren

Postby gock5 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Darren, I've been an environmental consultant for 27 yrs. We need to get together. See if there's any possible synergies.
The Most Interesting Man In The World, REX "MOTHER ******" CHAPMAN!
gock5

Regulars role call

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:52 pm

My name: Rex Mafuckin' Chapman. Junior in High school right now holding down a year round job at Capital Trailers and working for the Grady Ranch through out the summer along with some fencing jobs for FWP. Been hunting waterfowl since roughly 10. Also a gun nut. And my passion at the moment is long range rifles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429897877.399760.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429897905.164667.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429897929.750290.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Deltaman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:46 pm

My name is Lee, was born and raised in Mobile, AL, 58 years old, and have been hunting ducks all my life. I work in sales for a York, PA based company, manufacturing and selling automation/communication equipment. When not duck hunting, spend the rest of the year fishing, both fresh and salt water, and am in the boat at least one day on the weekends, and usually both. I've spent my life learning the intricacies of our delta system, and love every minute I spend in it.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Name is Andy, I live in the west central part of Illinois. I'm 52 and have hunted whatever was in season most of my life. I have the duck bug bad. It is a year long obsession from constantly scouting to carving decoys. I don't post much at all but I do check in almost every day. I like reading what everybody else has to say.
Andy

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Hey @Andy, feel free to jump in anytime with us. I would love to see some of your decoys, seems WFF is being taken over by carvers!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm Dan.
38 HWP, looking for...oops wrong kind of post.

Yeah - 38, married for 16 years, 3 boys, duck hunting for 24 seasons, primarily divers and sea ducks. Love to hunt turkeys in the spring.
I manage a little finance company that requires waaaay to much of my time
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:21 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I'm Dan.

Yeah - 38, married for 16 years, 3 boys, duck hunting for 24 seasons, primarily divers and sea ducks. Love to hunt turkeys in the spring.

You forgot the most important title of them all. WaterfowlForum.Net Global Moderator!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm who it says I am. Been here a while, but not as long as some. Have spent way the hey more time than a responsible person would on the water and in the field, usually with a dog or two.
Rick

Postby Bulldog0156 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:50 pm

Did someone say my name?
Bulldog0156

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Olly wrote:

You forgot the most important title of them all. WaterfowlForum.Net Global Moderator!

I didn't want to seem overbearing...
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:10 pm

The jackboots speak for themselves.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby capt1972 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Present and accounted for.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:44 pm

capt1972 wrote:Present and accounted for.

You too cool to tell the new regulars all about yourself?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 pm

I'm Zach. 20 years old and going to school, but don't really know what for. I work in a small boat shop where we restore wood boats mainly from the early 1900s. Born and raised in the mitten and hunted and fished all my life. Been duck hunting for 5 years I think. No one in my family waterfowl hunted so I'm self taught and finally getting the hang of it. A few years ago I took up bowfishing in the spring and summer and that takes up as much of my time as duck hunting. I tend to act like a know-it-all so take what I say for what it's worth.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Regulars role call

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:06 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Olly wrote:

No, no, no... He forgot steeler of old lady's retirements.

Names James, 115 years old. I really like Obama.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 am

I'm Bill, 60 years old, live in NH. Hunt Deer and waterfowl, fish for salmon and trout. Live with my lady. I have hunted deer for 52 years, ducks for 36 years. Have fished since I could hold a pole.
I retired due to a disability about 2-1/2 years ago. I have two labs that I am training. Kibo is 22 months and Daegan is 5 months. I flip boats whenever possible. Usually under 20 feet, and always outboards.
Spent 10 years as a professional mechanic, the next 35 were split between Purchasing Manager and Systems Implementation.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby quackhead » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:08 am

Chris, I hunt, fish and trap everything! I spend as much time outdoors as possible with a full time job and family
quackhead

Postby Woody » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:07 am

Woody wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Olly wrote:

No, no, no... He forgot steeler of old lady's retirements.

Names James, 115 years old. I really like Obama.

Okay that was a lie.

Name is Mario, I live in Michigan, recently switched to diving ducks from park ducks and I effing hate Obama.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby flyn88 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:32 am

Name is Mike, 31 years old, lived in central Illinois all my life. Grew up deer hunting, but didn't start hunting ducks until high school. Currently working in the parts department at a dealership. Most of my time not working is spent outdoors. Around my place, there is always something to do.
flyn88

Postby RickC » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Rick here, the other Rick. Fitty nine years old, Marine vet, originally from Houston but have lived in Southeast Oklahoma since 2004 when I left my police job for one as a Police Advisor/Mentor in Iraq for the State Department. Did that for 2.5 years. After that I left law enfircement. Married, 3 kids, 2 girls in college and a son in the Army 10th Mountain Division and about to be deployed to Iraq.
I don't post a lot, mainly in the decoy carving forum. I carve waterfowl mainly but about to start some commissions on a couple owls and an eagle. Built a Hybrid boat a few years back that has served me well. This summer I'm building a 12 footer of the same type.
RickC

Postby Olly » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:35 pm

RickC wrote:Rick here, the other Rick. Fitty nine years old, Marine vet, originally from Houston but have lived in Southeast Oklahoma since 2004 when I left my police job for one as a Police Advisor/Mentor in Iraq for the State Department. Did that for 2.5 years. After that I left law enfircement. Married, 3 kids, 2 girls in college and a son in the Army 10th Mountain Division and about to be deployed to Iraq.
I don't post a lot, mainly in the decoy carving forum. I carve waterfowl mainly but about to start some commissions on a couple owls and an eagle. Built a Hybrid boat a few years back that has served me well. This summer I'm building a 12 footer of the same type.

Will you show us the progress of the eagle? I'm interested.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby RickC » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Sure thing, it's going to be 1/3rd size
RickC

Postby DComeaux » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm David, 52 years old and I'm on here every day, just don't post a whole lot. I'm a project manager in the communication tower industry. We manufacturer, install and provide maintenance on towers and all components for the major carriers, oil field, governmental agencies, just to mention a few. Duck hunting is my passion as well as fishing. I've been married for 20 years this year and we have two grown children.
DComeaux

Next

Return to The Blind