What's on the bucket list for 15-16 season??

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: What's on the bucket list for 15-16 season??

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:52 am

Other side of the Lake
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby quackhead » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:04 pm

Dan ISO good he sleeps and gets limits of squaw!
quackhead

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Like the old bull walking down the hill.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:03 am

SpinnerMan wrote:Sea duck hunt on Lake Michigan. Dates are set. Now we just need to pray the weather cooperates.

The weather did not cooperate, so we went hunting divers.

SpinnerMan wrote:Also a 6 duck limit. I have never got a full limit. Given that I only shot 4 all of last season and 2 were mergansers, this perennial goal seems to be getting more ellusive.

Maybe on the sea duck trip and I can get 2 goals in one day.
We had a great diver hunter, but day 1 *, day 2 **. We'll leave it at that. The 6 duck limit goal remains elusive. Should have happened the first day, but *. Should have happened the second day, but I had 6 bufflehead land in the decay and for the love of God, I don't know how all 6 got away. The one drake gave me a give me shot and I think the pellets parted around him. I also thought I doubled on goldeneye but one that looked folded regained its wings and flew away. Ultimately I shot like hell, and because of *, it endded **.

SpinnerMan wrote:The last is a mature buck with the bow. I am getting greedy here since I have never got a buck with the bow, but I have seen some nice bucks and missed 2 :cry: so I'll take a doe for the freezer, but saving the buck tags for mature bucks. Well at least that is the plan until a young buck gets the adrenaline up and I decide any buck will do, especially if I haven't got a doe yet.
At this point, I don't think I'm even going to get a deer this year. I haven't seen one. I went a week without a deer on the camera during what should be peak activity. I'm just baffled.

It looks like the bucket list for this season will roll over. All still remain possible, slight chance of a one day run up for sea ducks if the weather and work schedule cooperate, I will still archery hunt, and lots of duck hunting to go, but I expect nothing but mallards with the rare other bird.
SpinnerMan

Postby Weston81 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:40 pm

Weston81 wrote:I would love to see my Dad shoot a banded duck and be there to see it. This will be our sixth year in the field we have, we kill a fair number of ducks each year and sooner or later it's bound to happen. Dad and I put in an a lot of time preparing the field and hunting, neither of us have shot one but I think I'd be just as tickled to see him get one as I would shooting one myself.

Done!
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Weston81

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:18 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan

Postby DComeaux » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Weston81 wrote:
Weston81 wrote:I would love to see my Dad shoot a banded duck and be there to see it. This will be our sixth year in the field we have, we kill a fair number of ducks each year and sooner or later it's bound to happen. Dad and I put in an a lot of time preparing the field and hunting, neither of us have shot one but I think I'd be just as tickled to see him get one as I would shooting one myself.

Done!

That's Awesome! :thumbsup:
DComeaux

Postby aunt betty » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:24 pm

1) Black River
2) White River
3) Cache River

It'd be nice to kill ducks on all three.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Previous

Return to The Blind