Blind

New to duck hunting? Ask anything you want here, there are no stupid questions in here!

Blind

Postby Capttrae » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:37 am

Now here's what I've been thinkin of doin, so seriously give me y'all's opinion, I've got a 17' bass boat I'm planning on duck huntin out of, one idea I had was to get some stands made up to put on the fore and aft deck of my boat both port and stbd side, then basically scrapping a big green army tarp over it all and have weights on the edges of it to keep the sides covered up. Another thought I had was to go drive some poles in the mud at 45degreeish angle and having them covered up, and just drive the boat in there. Am I even close to being in the ball park?
Capttrae

Re: Blind

Postby Capttrae » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 am

That would be appreciated
Capttrae

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:07 am

Pretty sure Eric is just trolling.
I think a popup blind would be your best bet for that. Are we talking a Fiberglas or aluminum bass boat? Will you be hunting amongst other cover, or is the blind going to be the only cover?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Pretty sure Eric is just trolling.
I think a popup blind would be your best bet for that. Are we talking a Fiberglas or aluminum bass boat? Will you be hunting amongst other cover, or is the blind going to be the only cover?

Not trolling. Have you seen TKs blind finished? Regardless of any jokes said here, its the best blind build I've seen on this site.

I have not. I'm sure it's a fine blind. But I think this guy is looking for something different.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Is it an option to do no modifications to the boat and strictly use it for transportation, hunt from shore?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Capttrae wrote:Now here's what I've been thinkin of doin, so seriously give me y'all's opinion, I've got a 17' bass boat I'm planning on duck huntin out of, one idea I had was to get some stands made up to put on the fore and aft deck of my boat both port and stbd side, then basically scrapping a big green army tarp over it all and have weights on the edges of it to keep the sides covered up. Another thought I had was to go drive some poles in the mud at 45degreeish angle and having them covered up, and just drive the boat in there. Am I even close to being in the ball park?
either one sounds like a good start. Would you brush up the tarp at all?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Capttrae » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:20 am

There are some Cyprus trees around, but pretty much the boat will be the blind, won't really be possible to use the boat as transportation and hunt from the shore.
Capttrae

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:31 am

Check out the "Boat Blind" thread and the "Duck rigs" thread in the boat forum. You should be able to get a few ideas from there. If you see something that interests you send a pm to whoever posted it for more info. Everyone here is really helpful and loves talking duck hunting. Or post a pic here and ask your questions.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Return to Greenhorn Forum