Decoy show and competition Coastal Texas

Decoy carving talk of all skill levels!

Decoy show and competition Coastal Texas

Postby kahunakalai » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:13 am

I would like to expand the Coastal Bend Woodcarvers show held each February with a section that has "in the water" judging for decoys. The rules will be according to the IWCA Decoy rules. Wood their be any interest of decoy carvers in and around Texas to participate in such a show? It would be similar to the judging in shows like Ward,Core Sound, etc.
kahunakalai

Re: Decoy show and competition Coastal Texas

Postby RickC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:32 am

I'm not sure whether I could attend or not, that would be dependant on a few variables, but if there is a mail in opportunity i would definitely send some to the show.
Where would the show be held?
RickC

Postby RonE » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:27 am

kahunakalai wrote:I would like to expand the Coastal Bend Woodcarvers show held each February with a section that has "in the water" judging for decoys. The rules will be according to the IWCA Decoy rules. Wood their be any interest of decoy carvers in and around Texas to participate in such a show? It would be similar to the judging in shows like Ward,Core Sound, etc.

Let me know if I can help, Rockport, Texas would be a great venue for the show. Plenty of hotel/motel space, easy water access and plenty of exhibition/event sites.

http://www.texascarvers.org/

Welcome to WFF
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby kahunakalai » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:07 pm

RickC wrote:I'm not sure whether I could attend or not, that would be dependant on a few variables, but if there is a mail in opportunity i would definitely send some to the show.
Where would the show be held?

Next year would be our 6th show. They are held in the Aransas Pass Civic Center in Aransas Pass TX. Date Feb. 7-8, 2015.
kahunakalai

Return to Decoy Carving Forum