Dakota hen pintail repaints

Decoy carving talk of all skill levels!

Dakota hen pintail repaints

Postby Mean Gene » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Finished these guys today. They'll be in Montana this year. Slooooowly pecking away at what's left in the shop. I have to say, when I pulled these decoys out of the box I almost gagged. Had to be the ugliest paint job I have ever seen on any decoy. No idea what they were thinking.

The objective is to turn live ducks into dead ducks
Mean Gene

Re: Dakota hen pintail repaints

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Are you talking about the factory paint? I thought I was the only one not drinking the Dakota koolaid. Never have liked their paint jobs.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby gila-river » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Those look awesome.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby Mean Gene » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:Are you talking about the factory paint? I thought I was the only one not drinking the Dakota koolaid. Never have liked their paint jobs.

Affirmative. The factory paint had to be the worst I have ever seen on any decoy.
The objective is to turn live ducks into dead ducks
Mean Gene

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Mean Gene wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:Are you talking about the factory paint? I thought I was the only one not drinking the Dakota koolaid. Never have liked their paint jobs.

Affirmative. The factory paint had to be the worst I have ever seen on any decoy.

Do you hunt over G&H decoys also? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:48 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
Mean Gene wrote:

Do you hunt over G&H decoys also? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't use G&H then fuck you :lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 am

Mean Gene wrote:

I know the paint they use is suppose to be tuff but damn can't they at least make it look real for that kind of money.
Bootlipkiller

Return to Decoy Carving Forum