Coot

Decoy carving talk of all skill levels!

Coot

Postby RickC » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Needed something on the simplistic side to work on for awhile after spending weeks on some mallard hens and a drake only to have the jackals that ordered them back out. Anyway, I drew up an American Coot in a bob-tail style. The body is HD cork with a white cedar head. Hollowed, body and head set with thickened epoxy.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
RickC

Re: Coot

Postby DixieDawg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Looks really good so far don't have your talent but I'm trying to learn how to get them like I want them nice job on it so far
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby RickC » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks, its all about just doing it Ans after just looking to see what you want to improve on for the next
RickC

Postby DixieDawg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:41 pm

This is off topic but I've got to ask is that dog in your avatar an alpha blue blood it's a good looking bully either way
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby RickC » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:46 pm

DixieDawg wrote:This is off topic but I've got to ask is that dog in your avatar an alpha blue blood it's a good looking bully either way

Know idea, I found it liked it done I have a bully, like cigars and belong to the Marine brotherhood
RickC

Postby DixieDawg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 pm

RickC wrote:
DixieDawg wrote:This is off topic but I've got to ask is that dog in your avatar an alpha blue blood it's a good looking bully either way

Know idea, I found it liked it done I have a bully, like cigars and belong to the Marine brotherhood

-Semper Fi- to you and thanks for serving I'm an old salty dog myself 3yrs on the USS Dallas and 17yrs in an R.E.R. unit I've served along side many marines
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby RickC » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:53 pm

DixieDawg wrote:
RickC wrote:

-Semper Fi- to you and thanks for serving I'm an old salty dog myself 3yrs on the USS Dallas and 17yrs in an R.E.R. unit I've served along side many marines

Thanks, thank you for your service as well. I've been out more decades than I care to remember lol.
RickC

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:38 am

Damn that sucks about the mallards. Coot looks like it'll be done in no time. :beer:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby RickC » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:37 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Damn that sucks about the mallards. Coot looks like it'll be done in no time.

Well I knew the guy is a flake so it's not really a big surprise. Had a couple guys interested in picking up 1, if that doesn't pan out then I'll either put them on a Sunday auction on Facebook or hunt them this season. The coot shouldn't take a whole lot, black, some grey, a little green, white and red.
RickC

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:10 pm

If I had the money I'd come pick them up from ya this week but college. Lol. Good luck offloading them.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby RickC » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:39 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:If I had the money I'd come pick them up from ya this week but college. Lol. Good luck offloading them.

College first, ducks and such can wait.
RickC

Return to Decoy Carving Forum