Some Summertime Fun

Everything Duck Dogs!

Some Summertime Fun

Postby assateague » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Nothing earth shattering. A farmer yesterday told me I should come use his pond to work Dutch in. Don't even remember how it came up, but we headed over there this afternoon for some swimming practice. Dog loves the water.

assateague

Re: Some Summertime Fun

Postby one2many » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:54 pm

wow he is getting big and looking good.
you sure dont sound mexican :D
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby Rick » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Dutch is thinking Dad's demented. Acts like he wants it, then throws it away.
Rick

Postby banknote » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29 am

Looks like he likes it!
banknote

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:12 am

Haha awesome. I love all the goood boooy's, atta fella's and come on fella's. He's a lucky dawg. Dutch gets more praise in one retrieve than cadee or Charlie does in a week. That's a good thing though.

Handsome pup Jimbo
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:58 am

Redbeard wrote:Haha awesome. I love all the goood boooy's, atta fella's and come on fella's. He's a lucky dawg. Dutch gets more praise in one retrieve than cadee or Charlie does in a week. That's a good thing though.

Handsome pup Jimbo

Guilty of the same Red. They don't get much praise unless its something that's new they are "clicking" on.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:25 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Haha awesome. I love all the goood boooy's, atta fella's and come on fella's. He's a lucky dawg. Dutch gets more praise in one retrieve than cadee or Charlie does in a week. That's a good thing though.

Handsome pup Jimbo

Guilty of the same Red. They don't get much praise unless its something that's new they are "clicking" on.
i was that way with Charlie. It was a fault of mine. Guess I'm not a sensitive enough guy. But cadee seems to really appreciate the praise
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 am

I have to try and balance out my wife who hands out purple ribbons all day long.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jarbo03 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 am

Lookin good Jimbo! I'm digging Dutchs furnishings, a little jealous. I would still be looking for a tail extension though. :D
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:37 pm

It's a miracle he can swim at all with that thing.
assateague

Postby jarbo03 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:52 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1402944747035.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Headed out this morning for some work on crossing to the other bank (Opposite bank? Don't know) This is important for me, because it's a big chunk of the reason I wanted a dog, and it'll be a big chunk of his retrieves. Most of the places I hunt, my shots were limited, had to wait til they were just right so they didn't fall across a gut. While they're not very wide (most 10-20 yards) they're usually about 6 feet deep through the middle, with bottomless mud. So if a bird died in the wrong place, I was screwed, and had to watch my shot selection way too carefully so as not to waste a bird. Now, hopefully, that won't be an issue, and I can blast away. So today we worked on having him get out on the other side and hunt. Once again, the "attaboys" are a little extreme, but I'm just happy is all. :lol:

assateague

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Cool man. Has he played with any birds?
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Yeah, pretty regular. The guy across the street has those crazy tumbling pigeons, or whatever they're called, and I get his rejects. They breed like rabbits. But Dutch doesn't kill them, so I'm stuck with a clipped wing bird, that he doesn't want back, and I'm not going to keep it (since he has plenty) Gets a little old constantly wringing necks after a few retrieves/points.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:37 pm

assateague wrote:Headed out this morning for some work on crossing to the other bank (Opposite bank? Don't know) This is important for me, because it's a big chunk of the reason I wanted a dog, and it'll be a big chunk of his retrieves. Most of the places I hunt, my shots were limited, had to wait til they were just right so they didn't fall across a gut. While they're not very wide (most 10-20 yards) they're usually about 6 feet deep through the middle, with bottomless mud. So if a bird died in the wrong place, I was screwed, and had to watch my shot selection way too carefully so as not to waste a bird. Now, hopefully, that won't be an issue, and I can blast away. So today we worked on having him get out on the other side and hunt. Once again, the "attaboys" are a little extreme, but I'm just happy is all. :lol:

Blast away, they're just birds, remember?

Dutch is looking good, btw. Nice work.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby one2many » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:06 pm

assateague wrote:Yeah, pretty regular. The guy across the street has those crazy tumbling pigeons, or whatever they're called, and I get his rejects. They breed like rabbits. But Dutch doesn't kill them, so I'm stuck with a clipped wing bird, that he doesn't want back, and I'm not going to keep it (since he has plenty) Gets a little old constantly wringing necks after a few retrieves/points.

them roller pigeons are a hoot. love watching old timers get together and race and bet on the damn things.

your pup is looking great
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby AKPirate » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Dutch is looking Good!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby waterfowlman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Dutch is looking good there Jim. Coming along nicely it seems. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Return to Gun Dog Forum