Best place to live

Moderator: Flightstopper

Re: Best place to live

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:55 am

Southern_Pistol wrote:Nashville tn is I think one of the top 5-10 best job markets right now. Franklin is where I live which is 40 min south of Nash. It feels like a small town but has everything you need and very nice. If you like living in a subdivision there's lot of those. If you like the country with lots of land there is also that. With country music being here we've got a rich culture going on. Turkey, deer, duck, fishing... Even had a farmers elk get loose for a couple months lol. Had a bull and 2 cows just wondering around. If you like live music every now and then it's always around. I've lived in MS and FL but came back here. I wouldn't leave here for nothin.

I went to franklin last fall when I went up to visit my sister who lives in hermitage. You have a nice little town there, almost too perfect... Like creepy perfect. I'm guessing something dark goes on in that town like cannibalism or human sacrifices..... Has to be to even things out.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:55 am

Southern_Pistol wrote:
Woody wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Woody wrote:I lived in Brentwood (the Nashville area) for 3 years... it is very nice. You would easily find a good job there in finance.

BUT I am not sure you will find to many ducks without a drive.

My aunt lives in Pleasantview. Ive driven everywhere around there looking for ducks/geese and never found anything. I know if I ever move, it's going to be somewhere that I don't have to work to find ducks.

I think in three years I may have seen 1 or 2.

My boyfriend goes to Henry county and limits out almost every time. But they really like traveling for it too. They've gone to Missouri and Arkansas.

Where do you shoot ducks?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:00 am

Southern_Pistol wrote:
Woody wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Woody wrote:I lived in Brentwood (the Nashville area) for 3 years... it is very nice. You would easily find a good job there in finance.

My aunt lives in Pleasantview. Ive driven everywhere around there looking for ducks/geese and never found anything. I know if I ever move, it's going to be somewhere that I don't have to work to find ducks.

My boyfriend goes to Henry county and limits out almost every time. But they really like traveling for it too. They've gone to Missouri and Arkansas.

So he drives 2 hours?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Southern_Pistol » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:03 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Southern_Pistol wrote:Nashville tn is I think one of the top 5-10 best job markets right now. Franklin is where I live which is 40 min south of Nash. It feels like a small town but has everything you need and very nice. If you like living in a subdivision there's lot of those. If you like the country with lots of land there is also that. With country music being here we've got a rich culture going on. Turkey, deer, duck, fishing... Even had a farmers elk get loose for a couple months lol. Had a bull and 2 cows just wondering around. If you like live music every now and then it's always around. I've lived in MS and FL but came back here. I wouldn't leave here for nothin.

I went to franklin last fall when I went up to visit my sister who lives in hermitage. You have a nice little town there, almost too perfect... Like creepy perfect. I'm guessing something dark goes on in that town like cannibalism or human sacrifices..... Has to be to even things out.

That's something only the locals know.
There's no such thing as being too southern.
Southern_Pistol

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 am

Southern_Pistol wrote:
Southern_Pistol wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:Stay the course, Nuff!

I figure that haiku should lock it in.

There's no way it solidifies her thoughts that you may be a psycho stalker that is going to track get down to use her skin as a cape.

Nope...that won't be the case at all. It can only help...

Wouldn't be the first time I've had to hold a man at gun point.

Damn I just referred to you as a man.

See. Making progress.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 am

What is your new avatar?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Southern_Pistol » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:58 am

Woody wrote:
Southern_Pistol wrote:
Woody wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

So he drives 2 hours?

We travel same distance for fishing too. Weather it's in tn or al. It's just what we've always done.
There's no such thing as being too southern.
Southern_Pistol

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 am

Sounds like not fun.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:00 am

NuffDaddy wrote:What is your new avatar?

It's my newest selfie. Thanks for noticing.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:10 am

Southern_Pistol wrote:
We travel same distance for fishing too. Weather it's in tn or al. It's just what we've always done.

To each their own, I guess, but I like walking out my back door....
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:41 am

Eric Haynes wrote:

You're blacker than i thought.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Pops was vanilla. Moms is chocolate.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:56 am

Woody wrote:
Southern_Pistol wrote:

That's ideal, but not all places are created equal.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:57 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Gotcha. The ol Oreo.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:59 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Gotcha. The ol Oreo.

Double stuffed
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Woody wrote:
Southern_Pistol wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like to go on hunting trips a lot, but it is nice to be able to go hunting on a weekday without taking time off. We don't limit out any place with in 10 miles of home, but we at least have the option to shoot some. Rather than travel or nothing.
Woody

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 am

Eric Haynes wrote:

I didn't know you were a Dr.??
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:02 am

Woody wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Woody wrote:
Southern_Pistol wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like to go on hunting trips a lot, but it is nice to be able to go hunting on a weekday without taking time off. We don't limit out any place with in 10 miles of home, but we at least have the option to shoot some. Rather than travel or nothing.

Agreed.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:05 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I didn't know you were a Dr.??

OB GYM
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Southern_Pistol wrote:
Woody wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Tulelake, CA is about 20 minutes away from me with pretty decent hunting, but was a mecca for waterfowling in the 60s and 70s. The doctors and lawyers would come up from the bay area to hunt all season long. They usually spent all night drinking, playing poker and frequenting the whore houses, then didnt make it to the blind in the morning. They would usually buy a couple limits of ducks from some of the local kids so they didnt go home to their wives empty handed.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:24 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Southern_Pistol wrote:
Woody wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Tulelake, CA is about 20 minutes away from me with pretty decent hunting, but was a mecca for waterfowling in the 60s and 70s. The doctors and lawyers would come up from the bay area to hunt all season long. They usually spent all night drinking, playing poker and frequenting the whore houses, then didnt make it to the blind in the morning. They would usually buy a couple limits of ducks from some of the local kids so they didnt go home to their wives empty handed.

Sounds familiar!
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm not implying anything though.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Previous

Return to Texas Duck Hunting Forum