Its getting close to dove season

Moderator: Flightstopper

Re: Its getting close to dove season

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:53 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
duckdozer wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:I get almost has excited for the dove opener as I do for ducks. Cutting the safflower plots and filling the low swales with water. Everyday prior to the opener watching the fields build with birds. Friggin Stoked :thumbsup: .

Only to have a cold front move in the night before and ruin the whole thing and make it good for the guy that didn't scout a mile away.

Always plan on a cold front the last week of August

I thought this was a California thing but sounds like it happens everywhere.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
duckdozer wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:I get almost has excited for the dove opener as I do for ducks. Cutting the safflower plots and filling the low swales with water. Everyday prior to the opener watching the fields build with birds. Friggin Stoked :thumbsup: .

Only to have a cold front move in the night before and ruin the whole thing and make it good for the guy that didn't scout a mile away.

Nationwide bro! Last year where I live, high of 78°, where I hunted was 107°, out thought that fuckin hurricane!
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby sws002 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
duckdozer wrote:

This year is looking ripe for just this to happen, had a night with lows in the 50's the other night, always plan on mother nature throwing a monkey wrench in my plans.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:57 pm

When I was a freshmen in high school it rained on the opener. It completely fucked the season.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:18 pm

sws002 wrote:
duckdozer wrote:

Wasn't a problem last year, it was 1,000 fuckin' degrees damn near all dove season. I can't wait to grill some of those shifty lil bastards!

Post was read in Bubble's voice. Fk'n decent!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:56 pm

On the third day god created the dove so that we may all be more proficient at killing the ducks come fall.

(Proverb 7:69) (The book of Boot.)
Bootlipkiller

Postby assateague » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
sws002 wrote:
duckdozer wrote:

Wasn't a problem last year, it was 1,000 fuckin' degrees damn near all dove season. I can't wait to grill some of those shifty lil bastards!

:lol:

I didn't before, but this time I did. Fits perfect.
assateague

Postby rozzo842 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Can't hunt em here, I don't understand why.
rozzo842

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 pm

assateague wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
sws002 wrote:
duckdozer wrote:

:lol:

I didn't before, but this time I did. Fits perfect.

Shifty put it over the top.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting Forum