Firearm question for CA.

Firearm question for CA.

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:34 am

So for you LEOs here in California, can I hunt by myself when I am 16? The problem is I don't know the legal age in CA to carry a firearm unsupervised. I have searched all over the internet, but can come up with no definitive answers. There were a few websites that said I could, but all trustworthy websites only gave hints at whether I could or couldn't. If I can, what are the restrictions?
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Re: Firearm question for CA.

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:32 am

I've seen check station personal let in 16 year old hunters into the refuge by them selves, and the next day they say you need to be with some one over the age of 18. So I really can't give a 100% for sure answer on that. You should call up Sacramento and get it straight from DFG.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 am

The law says you must be 18 or older. Got in trouble for this once at ash creek wildlife area even though my gramps was sitting in the parking lot waiting for me. I'm sure the enforcement is selective.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:46 am

Damn.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby huntfishnv » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:29 pm

When I was 16 I only went on two hunts that year with an adult. Went 32 times just my younger brother and I. :lol: This was two years ago..never did get checked by a game warden even though we only hunt public land.
huntfishnv

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:32 am

27505. (a) No person, corporation, or firm shall sell, loan, or
transfer a firearm to a minor, nor sell a handgun to an individual
under 21 years of age.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to or affect the following
circumstances:...
(2) The transfer or loan of a firearm, other than a handgun, to a
minor by the minor's parent or legal guardian.

Does this mean I can hunt by myself legally, if my parent loans me the gun?
ducks~n~bucks

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:07 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
27505. (a) No person, corporation, or firm shall sell, loan, or
transfer a firearm to a minor, nor sell a handgun to an individual
under 21 years of age.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to or affect the following
circumstances:...
(2) The transfer or loan of a firearm, other than a handgun, to a
minor by the minor's parent or legal guardian.

Does this mean I can hunt by myself legally, if my parent loans me the gun?

I'll take that as a yes.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 am

Are you talking to yourself again?
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:14 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:Are you talking to yourself again?

This is an AA conversation, so C your way out of it. :lol: :lol: :beer: I was just waiting for a second answer. That quote was from the CA penal code or whatever it's called, so I was asking someone who could interpenetrate it.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Tiler_J » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:18 am

Hey DnB, are your parents going to let you hunt with some "Internet friends" this year? I know you said before that your Dad works a lot. I'm sure a few guys on here would be more than willing to hunt with you.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:19 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:

This is an AA conversation, so C your way out of it. :lol: :lol: :beer: I was just waiting for a second answer. That quote was from the CA penal code or whatever it's called, so I was asking someone who could interpenetrate it.

That law was established to try to keep handguns out of the hands of teenaged gang members. I'm certain you are good if you get stopped.
Bootlipkiller

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:22 am

Tiler_J wrote:Hey DnB, are your parents going to let you hunt with some "Internet friends" this year? I know you said before that your Dad works a lot. I'm sure a few guys on here would be more than willing to hunt with you.

I don't know. I'm not sure if I would without meeting some of y'all with my dad first in any case, because 16 ain't old enough to be packing in case y'all turnout to be even bigger weirdos than you seem like. 18 isn't either, but it's a hell of a lot less trouble at 18.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:23 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:

How the hell did my computer autocorrect me? Interperate.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 am

MT hunting laws and regulations allow you to hunt by yourself at the age of 14. I've been doing it since I first started though. Every game check I went to this year, not a one of the wardens asked if its ok with my parents Etc. Etc.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:25 am

R. Chapman wrote:MT hunting laws and regulations allow you to hunt by yourself at the age of 14. I've been doing it since I first started though. Every game check I went to this year, not a one of the wardens asked if its ok with my parents Etc. Etc.

Yep, but this ain't Montana.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Tiler_J » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:26 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:Hey DnB, are your parents going to let you hunt with some "Internet friends" this year? I know you said before that your Dad works a lot. I'm sure a few guys on here would be more than willing to hunt with you.

I don't know. I'm not sure if I would without meeting some of y'all with my dad first in any case, because 16 ain't old enough to be packing in case y'all turnout to be even bigger weirdos than you seem like. 18 isn't either, but it's a hell of a lot less trouble at 18.

Haha! Makes sense. I'll invite you and your Dad out next season if it works out.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:30 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:MT hunting laws and regulations allow you to hunt by yourself at the age of 14. I've been doing it since I first started though. Every game check I went to this year, not a one of the wardens asked if its ok with my parents Etc. Etc.

Cali and their anti gun bullshit. Fuck it...
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby RonE » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 am

R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Ok Rex, lets stick to the topic and not badmouth California......Next year with a little more practice you will be able to hijack a thread but don't try it with California. (or Texas)
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 am

R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Hey, we can cuss at cops if we want to.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:38 am

R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Stricter gun laws
or
possibly end up living in a house with MT and RMFC as neghbors?

That's for every man to decide for himself. :lol:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:39 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

:lol: true
Bootlipkiller

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:41 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Stricter gun laws
or
possibly end up living in a house with MT and RMFC as neghbors?

That's for every man to decide for himself. :lol:

:lol: Howdy neighbor, can I borrow some canned cowboy cookies? What's a shotgun? I've always killed 'em with a sling and shot.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:46 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

So can I. How the hell do you think I've gotten out of so many traffic tickets?
R. Chapman

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:50 am

R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

So can I. How the hell do you think I've gotten out of so many traffic tickets?

Because you're black?
Bootlipkiller

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:59 am

[/quote]
Hey, we can cuss at cops if we want to.[/quote]
So can I. How the hell do you think I've gotten out of so many traffic tickets?[/quote]
Because you're black?[/quote]
Fuck you :lol: :lol: :lol:
R. Chapman

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:13 am

Tiler_J wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Haha! Makes sense. I'll invite you and your Dad out next season if it works out.

Yeah, I gotten invites from a couple of you guys. I've always respectfully declined so far though. I've probably even seen some of the valley dudes like Gaddy and Pgquackstacker in person at the refuges, too, just never realized it.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby AKPirate » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:15 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Yeah, I gotten invites from a couple of you guys. I've always respectfully declined so far though. I've probably even seen some of the valley dudes like Gaddy and Pgquackstacker in person at the refuges, too, just never realized it.

Your smart not to accept until your 18. All weirdos :mrgreen:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:16 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

You would know if you saw Gaddy at the fuge. He wears a gold chain and has an entourage. If you see him don't get to close. His token black guy will fucking cut you! :lol:
Bootlipkiller

Postby AKPirate » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:18 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

You would know if you saw Gaddy at the fuge. He wears a gold chain and has an entourage. If you see him don't get to close. His token black guy will fucking cut you! :lol:

He does rap pretty good though. Good in between flights.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

I just hope when I start hitting up the refuges alot that nobody that was at the refuges seen me when I was there with my neighbor. Don't want to be known as a person who hunts with that guy. Or maybe I do. It might keep people out of whatever parking lot I'm in. I might just get vanity plates that read "SKYBSTR" too.
ducks~n~bucks

Next

Return to California Duck Hunting Forum