Deer season

Re: Deer season

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:14 pm

assateague wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
AKPirate wrote:Haha! We have tried putting out corn during the summer a few years ago for the deer around the cabin, the damn things wouldn't eat it. I guess they have never had any experience with corn. We couldn't believe it.

Sonofabitch! Well I tried.

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river

Did you till the soil before you threw out the corn?

No should I?

Since you seem to be wise in the ways of animals and plants. I have a question for you. I have been trying to raise chickens, I have bought 50 chicks so far, but none of them have made it to full size chickens yet. So, do you think I am planting them in the ground to close together or to deep? The ground has good fertilizer and I water all the time, but no luck. Please help, or should I ask The Chicken Choker?[/quote]

From your description of the problem, it doesn't appear you've tried pissing on them.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 pm

I just about pulled my gun on a computer at work. My sgt asked what I was doing. Told him the computer was pissing me off. He told me to re snap my holster. Stood up and unzipped my pants. He again asked what I was doing. Told him "I'm gonna piss on the computer. Just trust me on this." He rolled his eyes and walked outta the room
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Redbeard wrote:I just about pulled my gun on a computer at work. My sgt asked what I was doing. Told him the computer was pissing me off. He told me to re snap my holster. Stood up and unzipped my pants. He again asked what I was doing. Told him "I'm gonna piss on the computer. Just trust me on this." He rolled his eyes and walked outta the room

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Redbeard wrote:I just about pulled my gun on a computer at work. My sgt asked what I was doing. Told him the computer was pissing me off. He told me to re snap my holster. Stood up and unzipped my pants. He again asked what I was doing. Told him "I'm gonna piss on the computer. Just trust me on this." He rolled his eyes and walked outta the room

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 am

Went back up deer hunting at our cabin. Left work early on Friday and hunted that evening. Nothing. Hunted hard Saturday, covered a lot of ground but still nothing. And I mean nothing, no deer, zero, zilch, nada! I didn't see a single deer. I don't think they are coming back. This sucks.

Hey QH, do you think the deer are on vacation, were abducted by aliens, or gone because of last weekends weather? :lol: :fishing:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Tiler_J wrote:Went back up deer hunting at our cabin. Left work early on Friday and hunted that evening. Nothing. Hunted hard Saturday, covered a lot of ground but still nothing. And I mean nothing, no deer, zero, zilch, nada! I didn't see a single deer. I don't think they are coming back. This sucks.

Hey QH, do you think the deer are on vacation, were abducted by aliens, or gone because of last weekends weather? :lol: :fishing:

Who knows? They are Cali deer so, the possibility exists that they are fairies and, from what I've heard, in the story books and fairy tales, fairies have wings, maybe they did fly off.
QH's Paw

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:Went back up deer hunting at our cabin. Left work early on Friday and hunted that evening. Nothing. Hunted hard Saturday, covered a lot of ground but still nothing. And I mean nothing, no deer, zero, zilch, nada! I didn't see a single deer. I don't think they are coming back. This sucks.

Who knows? They are Cali deer so, the possibility exists that they are fairies and, from what I've heard, in the story books and fairy tales, fairies have wings, maybe they did fly off.

Haha! They moved down, I think we got some more storms during the week. Saw tons of deer around 2,000 foot elevation and lower. Could have killed a few with my truck driving home, damn things were all over I-5 around Lake Head.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:15 pm

My father in law and his buddy both got bucks this afternoon up near Lake Head. I knew I shouldn't have told them about all the deer I saw up there last night! Haha! Not the biggest, but they will be good eating.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby realunlucky » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Those are fairly deer. Did they both shoot at the same time and knock them over in the act

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
realunlucky

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:35 pm

realunlucky wrote:Those are fairly deer. Did they both shoot at the same time and knock them over in the act

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

"Fairly"?? I don't know the details, just where they went and the picture. This is CA though, so you never know.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:00 pm

That one on the left was damn near a Texas heart shot from the looks of it. :D
Nothing wrong with either of those deer. Congrats on finding them. :beer:
Are you gonna be able to get back out before your season ends?
This was opening weekend(gun season) in the area I live but, I bought an archery tag this season so I'm done until late November. By the time the late hunt starts, I'm usually full swing in duck hunting and don't bother with our late deer. It's a good time to rattle but, when the birds are in, I can't walk away.
QH's Paw

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:06 pm

QH's Paw wrote:That one on the left was damn near a Texas heart shot from the looks of it. :D
This was opening weekend(gun season) in the area I live but, I bought an archery tag this season so I'm done until late November. By the time the late hunt starts, I'm usually full swing in duck hunting and don't bother with our late deer. It's a good time to rattle but, when the birds are in, I can't walk away.

I am hoping to get out a time or two more, just need to figure out where to go. My high country spot looks like it is done. Probably going to try and get my FIL to take me out where he got these, if he is up for it. I got 2 tags that I need to fill before duck season. It's not duck season without venison for almost every meal.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:36 pm

QH's Paw wrote:That one on the left was damn near a Texas heart shot from the looks of it. :D

Hey! That 100 yardshot to the feeder is tricky sometimes! Might have to wait for them to clear the feeder leg pole.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Flightstopper wrote:

Hey! That 100 yardshot to the feeder is tricky sometimes! Might have to wait for them to clear the feeder leg pole.

No, Q meant in the butt.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:41 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

No, Q meant in the butt.

That's Montana sheep style my friend.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

No, Q meant in the butt.

Of course you wouldn't call it a Texas heart shot when in Texas.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:19 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

No, Q meant in the butt.

Of course you wouldn't call it a Texas heart shot when in Texas.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
QH's Paw

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Also referred to as sending it up the Hershey highway. :o
QH's Paw

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 am

Just be happy that a kill shot is named after your state.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 am

No wonder deer always run from me.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Flightstopper wrote:No wonder deer always run from me.

Quit trying to stick em in the ass
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby RonE » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Tiler_J wrote:My father in law and his buddy both got bucks this afternoon up near Lake Head. I knew I shouldn't have told them about all the deer I saw up there last night! Haha! Not the biggest, but they will be good eating.

Good eating, especially the one shot in the ass.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:32 pm

RonE wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:My father in law and his buddy both got bucks this afternoon up near Lake Head. I knew I shouldn't have told them about all the deer I saw up there last night! Haha! Not the biggest, but they will be good eating.

Good eating, especially the one shot in the ass.

Deer veal is great! Bet you can cut that one with a spoon. We call those backstrap deer, the whole deer is so tender.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:36 pm

You obviously haven't seen some of the ones I shoot. If you can't pick it up with one hand, it ain't "tender".
assateague

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 pm

assateague wrote:You obviously haven't seen some of the ones I shoot. If you can't pick it up with one hand, it ain't "tender".

Haha, suitcase deer! Pickem up with one hand.

My FIL shot the smaller one, he said it is about the size of a German Shepard.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 pm

"Suitcase deer" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I like that one. Gotta remember it.
assateague

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Well this is probably my last weekend to try and get a buck (or 2). Looks like I might need to work next weekend and duck season is the following weekend. These damn deer better cooperate!
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Good luck! Fill that freezer!
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:36 pm

My buddy took a photo of this whopper walking down the road at a refuge we hunt. Last Saturday evening. He was with 3 other bucks and 7 or 8 does.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 pm

I've always heard night is the best time to get those big ones.

AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting Forum