Deer season

Re: Deer season

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:29 am

rebelp74 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Sweet my first night with the night shift and I've already won a match

Winning a match in the cali state forum is like being the smartest guy with down syndrome

HEY!!! Watch it, you Hello Kitty Wearing Wonton.;)
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:22 pm

FUCK DEER SEASON!!!
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Tiler_J wrote:FUCK DEER SEASON!!!

That's what I'm sayin this year.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:47 pm

The weather this weekend didn't help us out, it got a little too cold. When it gets cold the deer move down the mountain, I hope they come back up by next weekend.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby AKPirate » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Tiler_J wrote:The weather this weekend didn't help us out, it got a little too cold. When it gets cold the deer move down the mountain, I hope they come back up by next weekend.

That makes me smile as I watch snow coming down out my window, Ha!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am

That ain't enough snow to make deer move. Are you kiddin'? :fishing:
QH's Paw

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:03 pm

QH's Paw wrote:That ain't enough snow to make deer move. Are you kiddin'? :fishing:

So where do you hunt around Callahan? :lol:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 pm

All the places I've hunted blacktails it takes a foot or at least 6" in less than 24 hours. Even with that, in the cascades they don't go much lower than 2000' anyway.
Basically, if the food isn't covered there is no reason for them to leave.
Put the Crown and PBR down and get out of the truck, find some thick brush. They're in the christmas tree size brush. :thumbsup:
I don't care what species of deer they are, they don't migrate for dustings. People are more inclined to let that little bit of snow run them off than a deer would. Just say'. Image
QH's Paw

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:14 pm

QH's Paw wrote:All the places I've hunted blacktails it takes a foot or at least 6" in less than 24 hours. Even with that, in the cascades they don't go much lower than 2000' anyway.
Put the Crown and PBR down and get out of the truck, find some thick brush. They're in the christmas tree size brush. :thumbsup:
I don't care what species of deer they are, they don't migrate for dustings. People are more inclined to let that little bit of snow run them off than a deer would. Just say'. Image

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379996060.168600.jpg

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:32 pm

QH's Paw wrote:All the places I've hunted blacktails it takes a foot or at least 6" in less than 24 hours. Even with that, in the cascades they don't go much lower than 2000' anyway.

We hunt between 6,000 to 7,500 foot elevation, we had 4 guys out all day from sunrise to sunset on Saturday and 3/4 of the day Sunday. We were only in camp maybe 1 and a half hours during the day for lunch and to warm up. Some deer hole up, but a lot of the deer, where I hunt, move down the mountain when it snows. They move back up later usually when the weather gets better. All of us hunted hard, in an area we all know well, and didn't see much of anything. Oh, and the picture is from after about an hour of it snowing, it snowed almost all day Saturday. Just sayin. :lol:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Tiler_J wrote:

We hunt between 6,000 to 7,500 foot elevation, we had 4 guys out all day from sunrise to sunset on Saturday and 3/4 of the day Sunday. We were only in camp maybe 1 and a half hours during the day for lunch and to warm up. Some deer hole up, but a lot of the deer, where I hunt, move down the mountain when it snows. They move back up later usually when the weather gets better. All of us hunted hard, in an area we all know well, and didn't see much of anything. Oh, and the picture is from after about an hour of it snowing, it snowed almost all day Saturday. Just sayin. :lol:
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:44 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

Haha! Yep, that's me!! I have only hunted this property for 25 years, I am glad to get some insider information about what I am doing wrong. Anything you would like to tell me about the deer on my property?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

Haha! Yep, that's me!! I have only hunted this property for 25 years, I am glad to get some insider information about what I am doing wrong. Anything you would like to tell me about the deer on my property?

I hear they like bags of corn dumped on the ground! You might try that.

AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

Haha! We have tried putting out corn during the summer a few years ago for the deer around the cabin, the damn things wouldn't eat it. I guess they have never had any experience with corn. We couldn't believe it.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

I don't know shit about deer hunting, I saw an opportunity and jumped.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:53 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:[quote="QH's Paw"]All the places I've hunted blacktails it takes a foot or at least 6" in less than 24 hours. Even with that, in the cascades they don't go much lower than 2000' anyway.

Haha! We have tried putting out corn during the summer a few years ago for the deer around the cabin, the damn things wouldn't eat it. I guess they have never had any experience with corn. We couldn't believe it.[/quote]

Sonofabitch! Well I tried.

Bootlipkiller

Postby AKPirate » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Haha! We have tried putting out corn during the summer a few years ago for the deer around the cabin, the damn things wouldn't eat it. I guess they have never had any experience with corn. We couldn't believe it.[/quote]

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river[/quote]

Did you till the soil before you threw out the corn?
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:14 am

AKPirate wrote:Haha! We have tried putting out corn during the summer a few years ago for the deer around the cabin, the damn things wouldn't eat it. I guess they have never had any experience with corn. We couldn't believe it.

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river[/quote]

Did you till the soil before you threw out the corn?[/quote]
No should I?

Since you seem to be wise in the ways of animals and plants. I have a question for you. I have been trying to raise chickens, I have bought 50 chicks so far, but none of them have made it to full size chickens yet. So, do you think I am planting them in the ground to close together or to deep? The ground has good fertilizer and I water all the time, but no luck. Please help, or should I ask The Chicken Choker?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:16 am

:lol:

Bootlipkiller

Postby AKPirate » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:18 am

Tiler_J wrote:
AKPirate wrote:Haha! We have tried putting out corn during the summer a few years ago for the deer around the cabin, the damn things wouldn't eat it. I guess they have never had any experience with corn. We couldn't believe it.

No should I?

Since you seem to be wise in the ways of animals and plants. I have a question for you. I have been trying to raise chickens, I have bought 50 chicks so far, but none of them have made it to full size chickens yet. So, do you think I am planting them in the ground to close together or to deep? The ground has good fertilizer and I water all the time, but no luck. Please help, or should I ask The Chicken Choker?[/quote]

Chicken Choker on all chicken matters. The rest I am all sensei...
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:27 am

My Zone opens up on Saturday. I'm gonna try and get me a swamp donkey.
GadwallGetter530

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:27 am

Definitely need to check with the hammer, but wait til he studies that chapter in chicken choking.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:34 am

Can you tell me where I can find some christmas trees this time of year?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

I hear they like bags of cream corn dumped on the ground! You might try that.

fify
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 am

Tiler_J wrote:

No should I?

Since you seem to be wise in the ways of animals and plants. I have a question for you. I have been trying to raise chickens, I have bought 50 chicks so far, but none of them have made it to full size chickens yet. So, do you think I am planting them in the ground to close together or to deep? The ground has good fertilizer and I water all the time, but no luck. Please help, or should I ask The Chicken Choker?[/quote]talk to Duck Hammer
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:29 am

Hey Joel...did you see pgquackerstacker's buck. Nice one. Opening weekend. That kid never ceases to amaze me
Redbeard

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

Oh c'mon now, any good blacktail hunter knows they like apples better.
QH's Paw

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:49 am

Tiler_J wrote:

No should I?

Since you seem to be wise in the ways of animals and plants. I have a question for you. I have been trying to raise chickens, I have bought 50 chicks so far, but none of them have made it to full size chickens yet. So, do you think I am planting them in the ground to close together or to deep? The ground has good fertilizer and I water all the time, but no luck. Please help, or should I ask The Chicken Choker?[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol:

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:09 am

QH's Paw wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:[quote="QH's Paw"]All the places I've hunted blacktails it takes a foot or at least 6" in less than 24 hours. Even with that, in the cascades they don't go much lower than 2000' anyway.

Oh c'mon now, any good blacktail hunter knows they like apples better.[/quote]

I would never claim to be a good deer hunter. :D

Bootlipkiller

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Tiler_J wrote:

No should I?

From your description of the problem, it doesn't appear you've tried pissing on them.
assateague

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting Forum