Hey Cali

Hey Cali

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 pm

So I've heard on the news about 500 times tonight that the feds out there announced they would be releasing zero water to the farmers. Is this going to eff up your season, as far as refuges and rice farms go? If so, someone better put Gaddy on suicide watch.
assateague

Re: Hey Cali

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:33 pm

assateague wrote:So I've heard on the news about 500 times tonight that the feds out there announced they would be releasing zero water to the farmers. Is this going to eff up your season, as far as refuges and rice farms go? If so, someone better put Gaddy on suicide watch.

I don't believe it is to zero yet, I think it's about half of last years water. It's going to be interesting, we could use a lot of rain before winter is over, not that it really started here.

We've been starting to sneak Prozac into Gaddy's food, just in case.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:36 pm

assateague wrote:So I've heard on the news about 500 times tonight that the feds out there announced they would be releasing zero water to the farmers. Is this going to eff up your season, as far as refuges and rice farms go? If so, someone better put Gaddy on suicide watch.

We are still in ok shape if we get rain this spring. The federal refuges will be possibly screwed. The states have ground pumps to flood up. The feds run off of a main irrigation ditch. Called the 2047. Im still a skeptic on all this. Rice might take a hit. But the money generated from the refuges can't be replaced. We'll see what happens.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:37 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:

We are still in ok shape if we get rain this spring. The federal refuges will be possibly screwed. The states have ground pumps to flood up. The feds run off of a main irrigation ditch. Called the 2047. Im still a skeptic on all this. Rice might take a hit. But the money generated from the refuges can't be replaced. We'll see what happens.

What money?
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Tiler_J wrote:

I don't believe it is to zero yet, I think it's about half of last years water. It's going to be interesting, we could use a lot of rain before winter is over, not that it really started here.

Why don't you guys just build a pipeline from the Columbia, from below all the dams. Hell, half the power the dams generate here goes to Cali, might as well get the water after the power is generated too.
QH's Paw

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Tiler_J wrote:

Ive always wanted to write my memoirs.:lol: gives me time to do it. Rather then jumping off a cliff.
GadwallGetter530

Tiler_J wrote:

Ive always wanted to write my memoirs.:lol: gives me time to do it. Rather then jumping off a cliff.
GadwallGetter530

Tiler_J wrote:

GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:43 pm

Nice triple
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:43 pm

Damn seems like you're really serious about this memoirs thing. :mrgreen:
QH's Paw

Postby AKPirate » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:44 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

Why don't you guys just build a pipeline from the Columbia, from below all the dams. Hell, half the power the dams generate here goes to Cali, might as well get the water after the power is generated too.

Fuck that Mike, let'em use seawater
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby waterfowlman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:45 pm

You gonna write them three times?
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:48 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

There is probably a plan already in the works. It's going to be an interesting year. Shasta lake is around 130 feet down from the top, it's not a good sign for this late in winter.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:49 pm

waterfowlman wrote:You gonna write them three times?

Why not, he'll only need three copies. 1 for the coffee table at his house and two for the shitter(one to read and one to wipe with). :mrgreen:
QH's Paw

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:Nice triple

Fuck!!!! Damn tapatalk.
GadwallGetter530

Postby assateague » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:18 am

Tiler_J wrote:

This was from 2 hours ago, although I have no clue what some of these "areas" mean.

In a crushing reminder of the state's parched plight, federal officials announced Friday that the Central Valley Project -- California's largest water delivery system -- will provide no water this year to Central Valley farmers and only 50 percent of the contracted amount to urban areas such as Santa Clara and Contra Costa counties.

Regions that rely heavily on federal water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, such as Fresno, Merced and Kings counties, will be hit the hardest.

Friday's announcement followed a similar one last month in which state officials announced that there would be zero deliveries from the State Water Project to cities and farms.

This one was from 6:00

Federal officials say many farmers caught in California's drought will receive no irrigation water this year from a vast system of rivers, canals and reservoirs interlacing the state.

Last year, Central Valley farmers received 20 percent of their normal allowance, and that figure is now set at zero percent.

This marks the third dry year for the state, and Gov. Jerry Brown last month declared a drought emergency.

Federal officials say that water used by communities and wildlife will also suffer deep cuts.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information.
assateague

Postby Tiler_J » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:23 am

assateague wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

This was from 2 hours ago, although I have no clue what some of these "areas" mean.

In a crushing reminder of the state's parched plight, federal officials announced Friday that the Central Valley Project -- California's largest water delivery system -- will provide no water this year to Central Valley farmers and only 50 percent of the contracted amount to urban areas such as Santa Clara and Contra Costa counties.

Regions that rely heavily on federal water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, such as Fresno, Merced and Kings counties, will be hit the hardest.

Friday's announcement followed a similar one last month in which state officials announced that there would be zero deliveries from the State Water Project to cities and farms.

This one was from 6:00

Federal officials say many farmers caught in California's drought will receive no irrigation water this year from a vast system of rivers, canals and reservoirs interlacing the state.

Last year, Central Valley farmers received 20 percent of their normal allowance, and that figure is now set at zero percent.

This marks the third dry year for the state, and Gov. Jerry Brown last month declared a drought emergency.

Federal officials say that water used by communities and wildlife will also suffer deep cuts.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information.

Where was this news from? I haven't heard about it yet.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 am

This is about central California. We are a little better off up here but still in trouble.
Bootlipkiller

Postby Bufflehead » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 am

Tiler_J wrote:Where was this news from? I haven't heard about it yet.

Are you in Montana?
Bufflehead

Postby assateague » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:27 am

Let me see if I can find the links.

Here's where I read about it, but it was all over the talk radio I was listening to waiting for he oldest to get out of the movies tonight.

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_25201634/california-drought-big-cut-backs-announced-water-that
http://news.msn.com/us/california-farmers-wont-get-federal-water
assateague

Postby AKPirate » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 am

Hope it rains :thumbsup:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:31 am

Bufflehead wrote:

Are you in Montana?

It wasn't announced on Dora the Explorer this evening while i was watching cartoons with my daughter, so I missed it.

Don't pull that Montana shit on me! :lol:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Tiler_J » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:33 am

assateague wrote:

Let me see if I can find the links.

Here's where I read about it, but it was all over the talk radio I was listening to waiting for he oldest to get out of the movies tonight.

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_25201634/california-drought-big-cut-backs-announced-water-that
http://news.msn.com/us/california-farmers-wont-get-federal-water

Thanks, looked up a few myself. Not sure what that will mean for us.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:46 am

I'm pretty much planing on not have a place to hunt next year. :(
Bootlipkiller

Postby Tiler_J » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:53 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:I'm pretty much planing on not have a place to hunt next year. :(

I'm hoping I have one of the few places to hunt next year.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:57 am

Tiler_J wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:I'm pretty much planing on not have a place to hunt next year. :(

Fingers crossed for you buddy.
Bootlipkiller

Postby AKPirate » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:58 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

Fingers crossed for you buddy.

:thumbsup:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:00 am

Lets not shit the bed just yet fellas. Lets see where we are at come May.
GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:04 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:Lets not shit the bed just yet fellas. Lets see where we are at come May.

I know your mr glass half full but you might want to start preparing yourself because what I've been hearing ain't good.
Bootlipkiller

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:07 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:Lets not shit the bed just yet fellas. Lets see where we are at come May.

I know your mr glass half full but you might want to start preparing yourself because what I've been hearing ain't good.

I have property with a rebuilt diesel pump. Pulling from a deep well. We'll have a place to hunt. Worst case.
GadwallGetter530

Next

Return to California Duck Hunting Forum