Deer Tags

Deer Tags

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:02 am

I got a preference point, and a B tag, then I am gonna go to Wally world and buy an A tag. What about the rest of you guys?
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Re: Deer Tags

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:27 am

2 B-tags is my plan. Where you thinking of headed up in B? Up in the Marbles? I hunt over near the Russian Wilderness. Hope the bucks want to play this year. Snow on the opener pretty much ruined last season for me.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:34 am

Tiler_J wrote:2 B-tags is my plan. Where you thinking of headed up in B? Up in the Marbles? I hunt over near the Russian Wilderness. Hope the bucks want to play this year. Snow on the opener pretty much ruined last season for me.

I don't really know where my dad and I are hunting this year. Normally we hunt either in the Trinity Alps or the Marbles, but this year we are going to a spot my dad knows where 4 of his friends killed 4 bucks the last weekend of the season last year. All were 4x4's but one.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:39 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:2 B-tags is my plan. Where you thinking of headed up in B? Up in the Marbles? I hunt over near the Russian Wilderness. Hope the bucks want to play this year. Snow on the opener pretty much ruined last season for me.

I don't really know where my dad and I are hunting this year. Normally we hunt either in the Trinity Alps or the Marbles, but this year we are going to a spot my dad knows where 4 of his friends killed 4 bucks the last weekend of the season last year. All were 4x4's but one.

Must have been lower elevation than the Alps or Marbles. All our deer took off after the first weekend and went low. Saw lots of deer down near Shasta Lake last year, most right on the side of I-5.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:48 am

Probably was pretty low, but I have no clue where they were killed. Next year my dad and I will get G1 tags so we can hunt the muley hybreds in the peak of the rut. I believe Wyoming is coming next year as well. We were supposed to go in 2012, but we decided when we went we wanted to shoot some muleys as well, so we went to Idaho and started putting in for more points in Wyoming. So next year, the plan is 5 antelope tags each (1 buck and 4 does) and a muley tag. Then we are going to either stay the entire season, or until we kill all of the animals, whichever comes first.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby assateague » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:04 am

Is the difference in A and B where you can hunt, or what you can kill?
assateague

Postby RonE » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:04 am

I don't buy tags, they come with my hunting license, seven of them.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 am

RonE wrote:I don't buy tags, they come with my hunting license, seven of them.

How many come in your AARP package?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby BrewGUN » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:40 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
RonE wrote:I don't buy tags, they come with my hunting license, seven of them.

How many come in your AARP package?

HA!
BrewGUN

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:05 pm

assateague wrote:Is the difference in A and B where you can hunt, or what you can kill?

Here, A=Buck, B=Doe.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:30 pm

Where you can hunt.
An A tag is good for both A north and south, a B tag is good for all B zones, a d 3-5 tag is good for zones d3-d5. Everything else as a tag specific to that letter/number combination. A tags, B tags and d3-5 are OTC, everything else you enter the lottery to draw. We also have M zones for muzzleloader hunts, A1-A33 for archery, J zones for junior hunts, and G zones for late season type hunts.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby BrewGUN » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:22 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:Where you can hunt.
An A tag is good for both A north and south, a B tag is good for all B zones, a d 3-5 tag is good for zones d3-d5. Everything else as a tag specific to that letter/number combination. A tags, B tags and d3-5 are OTC, everything else you enter the lottery to draw. We also have M zones for muzzleloader hunts, A1-A33 for archery, J zones for junior hunts, and G zones for late season type hunts.

And I thought MI had F'ed up deer regulations!
BrewGUN

Postby sws002 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:40 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:Where you can hunt.

Holy fucking wah!
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby capt1972 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:03 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Ford or Chevys?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:16 pm

capt1972 wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Ford or Chevys?

I guess you would incorrectly call two of them 10 points, and 1 of them an 8 point
ducks~n~bucks

Postby capt1972 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:20 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
capt1972 wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Ford or Chevys?

I guess you would incorrectly call two of them 10 points, and 1 of them an 8 point

if it has 8 points then its an 8 pointer. easy enough.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:27 pm

capt1972 wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
capt1972 wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Ford or Chevys?

if it has 8 points then its an 8 pointer. easy enough.

We don't feel the need to count every little thing that sticks off a set of antlers as a point. Plus when you call it an 8 point or ten point it doesn't really paint much of a picture.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Yea, maybe the damn thing has 9 points on one side and only 1 on the other.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:13 pm

3legged_lab wrote:Yea, maybe the damn thing has 9 points on one side and only 1 on the other.

so what, you cant eat points
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 pm

capt1972 wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:Yea, maybe the damn thing has 9 points on one side and only 1 on the other.

so what, you cant eat points

So why bother even calling it a 10 point, just call it a buck or even just a deer. Your argument makes no sense. Calling it a 10 point is ok but a 9x1 "you can't eat points"? Ok.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:27 pm

By the way, this is one of my favorite never ending arguments here on WFF. It's so stupid that its really quite enjoyable. :lol:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Tiler_J wrote:By the way, this is one of my favorite never ending arguments here on WFF. It's so stupid that its really quite enjoyable. :lol:

It really is fun
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:07 pm

So then it'd be a 10 point. How many cylinders is your truck motor?
assateague

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:11 pm

assateague wrote:

My motor has 8. It's one motor. Just like a deer might have 4 points on one antler and 4 on another antler.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:11 pm

assateague wrote:

Mines a 3x3. Cars is a 2x2.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:12 pm

We have a D-6 cat with a 2 cylinder pony motor and a six cylinder main motor, would you call that an 8 cylinder?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:14 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:By the way, this is one of my favorite never ending arguments here on WFF. It's so stupid that its really quite enjoyable. :lol:

It really is fun

:thumbsup: :lol: :beer:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby BrewGUN » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:

Is it a V4 or I4?
BrewGUN

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:

Sure the car isn't an inline 4?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:19 pm

assateague wrote:

Thought we were talking about deer. If its trucks/engines all that really matters is if there's fuel in the tank.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Next

Return to California Duck Hunting Forum