Duck ID

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

Re: Duck ID

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:25 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:Is there a limit on domestic ducks and geese if you are shooting them on public land? Are you allowed to bait them?

Almost all farm ducks and geese can't fly. The few that escape aand get killed during the season count in your bag limit.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

What if I hunt them out of duck season? Is that illegal?

I'm surprised Jehler hasn't offered you Glen Webers service yet....

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:50 am

Goldfish wrote:Carp are free for all because they are invasive. That emu was invasive. See the similarities?

sent from a phancy fone

So are those damn horses on the island where I hunt. But they're the "good" kind- you know, the kind that makes money for the government. So they're protected. Freaking hypocrites.
assateague

Postby jehler » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:14 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:Is there a limit on domestic ducks and geese if you are shooting them on public land? Are you allowed to bait them?

Almost all farm ducks and geese can't fly. The few that escape aand get killed during the season count in your bag limit.

What if I hunt them out of duck season? Is that illegal?

I'm surprised Jehler hasn't offered you Glen Webers service yet....

have to be 18 to get a tat
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby aunt betty » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:29 am

There is only one way to prove momo exists. You gotta kill one for scientists to study. Of course the shootervof momo will be ridiculed for killing an endagered species. Double-standard. Humans, when in great numbers, and organized, do the most insane things.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby sws002 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:33 am

Goldfish wrote:Carp are free for all because they are invasive. That emu was invasive. See the similarities?

sent from a phancy fone

Yes, but most states still require a fishing license even if you are specifically targeting carp (say with a bow or spear).
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Goldfish » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:44 am

sws002 wrote:

sent from a phancy fone

Yes, but most states still require a fishing license even if you are specifically targeting carp (say with a bow or spear).
hmmm, tooshay. Would an emu be small game since it's a bird, or big game since it's f'n big?

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby sws002 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 am

Goldfish wrote:
sws002 wrote:

sent from a phancy fone

hmmm, tooshay. Would an emu be small game since it's a bird, or big game since it's f'n big?

sent from a phancy fone

That was my thought. Seeing as how it is basically a turkey on steroids/growth hormones, I would imagine it would fall under "big game" and require some sort of depredation permit.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Highly doubt you'd need anything at all to shoot a farm emu. Same reason I can take live ducks leftover from a HT and shoot them over my dog for training.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:Highly doubt you'd need anything at all to shoot a farm emu. Same reason I can take live ducks leftover from a HT and shoot them over my dog for training.

This. This is the part that makes me say "no effing way" for counting ducks shot from a flock of farm ducks that come waddling into a field spread.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:59 pm

assateague wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Highly doubt you'd need anything at all to shoot a farm emu. Same reason I can take live ducks leftover from a HT and shoot them over my dog for training.

This. This is the part that makes me say "no effing way" for counting ducks shot from a flock of farm ducks that come waddling into a field spread.

If ducks came waddling into my spread on a field aa farmer is letting me hunt, no fucking way Id be shooting any. That's no different than shooting his cows that walk over. Now shooting an escaped farm duck that flew into my spread on the swamp...damn right its going down.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:01 pm

I was referring more to my back pasture, where the neighbors geese occasionally waddle. He has given me the green light to shoot any I want, since they have become somewhat "feral", living in the pine forest. He can't even begin to find them all anymore. But based on an earlier assessment, if I'm out hunting for resident geese, and shoot 8 of his farm geese, I have to be done.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:05 pm

assateague wrote:I was referring more to my back pasture, where the neighbors geese occasionally waddle. He has given me the green light to shoot any I want, since they have become somewhat "feral", living in the pine forest. He can't even begin to find them all anymore. But based on an earlier assessment, if I'm out hunting for resident geese, and shoot 8 of his farm geese, I have to be done.

Are any of said geese banded?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Nope. They're those big ass gray and white geese, with the fat asses. They roam the woods around here now.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:39 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
assateague wrote:I was referring more to my back pasture, where the neighbors geese occasionally waddle. He has given me the green light to shoot any I want, since they have become somewhat "feral", living in the pine forest. He can't even begin to find them all anymore. But based on an earlier assessment, if I'm out hunting for resident geese, and shoot 8 of his farm geese, I have to be done.

Are any of said geese banded?

Idd be shooting them

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Ricky Spanish » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:15 pm

Funny how an " identify the duck" thread turned into hunting for emu and momo.
Used to be a whole lot funner around here.
Ricky Spanish

Postby uncle Jed » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:07 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:Funny how an " identify the duck" thread turned into hunting for emu and momo.
Used to be a whole lot funner around here.

before you showed up, hijacking every thread you could and babbling nonsense :qh:
uncle Jed

Previous

Return to Puddle Duck Hunting Forum