September teal season

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

September teal season

Postby hudson » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:34 am

Louisiana uped the limit from 4 to 6 with a 16 day season.I cant wait,gonna be 24 on the water in 30 minutes or less.Its gonna be right!!
hudson

Re: September teal season

Postby Rick » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 am

Or there'll "just" be 22 on the water, and someone will be crying about not getting a limit.

Just remembering the hunter satisfaction survey done after the point system possibility was cut from 10 ducks to 5. Hunter satisfaction took a leap because, while folks weren't killing as many ducks, more of them were getting their limits.

So while one side of me is cheering, the other (under the gun to help folks fill limits) ain't so sure...
Rick

Postby hudson » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 am

Its pretty much a gaurantee i mite miss a 4 man limit twice during the september teal season and when we do its no big deal.teal season is a ton of fun,get to hunt with my pods and rag on on em a bit,duck season is what we live for.September gonna be busy between alligatoring,doves,teal and bow season.
hudson

Postby Goldfish » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06 am

You guys shut your mouth on teal season. We grow em and don't get a crack at them before they high tail it out of here.

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby hudson » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 am

Goldfish wrote:You guys shut your mouth on teal season. We grow em and don't get a crack at them before they high tail it out of here.

sent from a phancy fone

Hey and i do thank you for that.nothin better than teal pot roasted after the hunt
hudson

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:34 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby huntfishnv » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:37 am

I wish I shot more teal! Hate you guys with early teal only seasons!
huntfishnv

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:56 am

Supposedly we are getting a teal season next year or the year after. Hopefully it happens, blue wings are usually gone by October.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:36 am

Teal season is not so good here. Fishermen have no respect for duckhunters. Bouncing jigs off my boat-blind so I pull up and shoot. They get all upset when I say I thought it was a duck pecking on my boat. Have had guys wanting to fight me after they shit their pants and almost jumped out of their boat.

You see, there is a law that says they have to stay 200 yards away from anchored boat-blinds and they know it. BOOM beats the hell out of the sound a baitcaster makes. Stupid fishermen.
I avoid teal season because fishermen dont respect guns.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:56 am

When I lived in Ohio, most of my teal hunting was on fairly big water, and the fishermen were a blessing because they kept what few birds we had moving much longer. Doubt we'd have shot half the birds we did without them.
Rick

Postby assateague » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:19 am

I've never understood the desire for perfect solitude in a duck marsh. While there certainly is "too much", "too little" is just as bad, in my opinion. Ducks just don't fly that much around here. Why fly, when they can cruise around, eating as they go, saving energy? More hunters keeps them up and moving all around. When I've found myself to be the only one in the middle of 300 acres or so of marsh, it really, really sucks when you see some birds flying afar off in the distance, and you know there's nobody there to shoot, get busted, or just distract them enough to send them in another direction. Same principle as dove hunting, really. Dove hunting a field solo quite frankly sucks. But when you can get 6 or 7 guys all around, keep them moving, the shooting is fantastic. There's no reason ducks are any different, other than the fact that we've "convinced" ourselves that they are.
assateague

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 pm

assateague wrote:I've never understood the desire for perfect solitude in a duck marsh. While there certainly is "too much", "too little" is just as bad, in my opinion. Ducks just don't fly that much around here. Why fly, when they can cruise around, eating as they go, saving energy? More hunters keeps them up and moving all around. When I've found myself to be the only one in the middle of 300 acres or so of marsh, it really, really sucks when you see some birds flying afar off in the distance, and you know there's nobody there to shoot, get busted, or just distract them enough to send them in another direction. Same principle as dove hunting, really. Dove hunting a field solo quite frankly sucks. But when you can get 6 or 7 guys all around, keep them moving, the shooting is fantastic. There's no reason ducks are any different, other than the fact that we've "convinced" ourselves that they are.

Says the man who has never scouted and found the "X" in the duck marsh or dove field.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:34 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
assateague wrote:I've never understood the desire for perfect solitude in a duck marsh. While there certainly is "too much", "too little" is just as bad, in my opinion. Ducks just don't fly that much around here. Why fly, when they can cruise around, eating as they go, saving energy? More hunters keeps them up and moving all around. When I've found myself to be the only one in the middle of 300 acres or so of marsh, it really, really sucks when you see some birds flying afar off in the distance, and you know there's nobody there to shoot, get busted, or just distract them enough to send them in another direction. Same principle as dove hunting, really. Dove hunting a field solo quite frankly sucks. But when you can get 6 or 7 guys all around, keep them moving, the shooting is fantastic. There's no reason ducks are any different, other than the fact that we've "convinced" ourselves that they are.

Says the man who has never scouted and found the "X" in the duck marsh or dove field.

Why scout when you can make a plond!
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Become the X young hunter. :lol:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Assa I do believe you with doves. More shooters keep them circling, I assume it would be the same with ducks.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:44 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Become the X young hunter. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby aunt betty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Its getting a whole lot easier to call ducks away from other guys setups. :evil:
Could care less if the marsh is full or empty of other hunters. I WILL KILL DUCKS.
aunt betty

Postby DComeaux » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 am

AB, Someone snapped a picture of you leaving your blind....

Xmas-Ducks[1].jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
DComeaux

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:22 am

DComeaux wrote:AB, Someone snapped a picture of you leaving your blind....

Xmas-Ducks[1].jpg

Group limiting on farm ducks is legal God damnit. I fucking told you! :lol:
aunt betty

Postby hudson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:39 pm

went and picked up my shells today
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
hudson

Postby Westie25 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Can't wait. It's getting close.
Westie25

Postby Goldfish » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 am

That makes it official, I'm going on our new August Canada goose hunt just to show you fuggers up

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby aunt betty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:06 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:

X2
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:40 am

Goldfish wrote:That makes it official, I'm going on our new August Canada goose hunt just to show you fuggers up

sent from a phancy fone

If all you'll get to shoot is park geese, it's nice that you'll at least get to do it a little sooner. But hardly consolation, much less topping.
Rick

Postby Goldfish » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:25 am

It's all I got

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:54 pm

I'm just messing wit' ya. In your boots, I'd hunt geese and enjoy heck out of it. Bugs pee outta me to have to watch the early goose seasons from afar while waiting out our teal start.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Sept 1-15 is goose. Sept. 7-22 is teal. Counting down the days until I can shoot me a blackfoot or five.
aunt betty

Postby Goldfish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:23 am

Rick wrote:I'm just messing wit' ya. In your boots, I'd hunt geese and enjoy heck out of it. Bugs pee outta me to have to watch the early goose seasons from afar while waiting out our teal start.

Like wise. I just wanna shoot stuff. Might try dove this year as well just to be out there.

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby Ajverret » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:18 am

Real are just stupid little birds but fun to shoot the always fly smack I to my mojos 9/14 can't come fast enough
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Next

Return to Puddle Duck Hunting Forum