September teal season

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

Re: September teal season

Postby Rick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:16 am

jehler wrote:You all ever been on a buffie shoot?

Been a very long time since I've hunted where they were common, and I don't remember them flying any different than bills. They're a rare site down here, but I've never seen one them fly anything but straight. Pretty little birds, though, like little bumble bees buzzing through. And the one I went out of my way to nab for a taste test a while back was much better than their press.
Rick

Postby jehler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:19 am

Rick wrote:

Been a very long time since I've hunted where they were common, and I don't remember them flying any different than bills. They're a rare site down here, but I've never seen one them fly anything but straight. Pretty little birds, though, and the one I went out of my way to nab for a taste test a while back was better than their press.
fly straight as an arrow until they flare singles are fairly easy but a big group can be a real challenge unless you Olly them
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Rick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:45 pm

jehler wrote:
Rick wrote:

Been a very long time since I've hunted where they were common, and I don't remember them flying any different than bills. They're a rare site down here, but I've never seen one them fly anything but straight. Pretty little birds, though, and the one I went out of my way to nab for a taste test a while back was better than their press.
fly straight as an arrow until they flare singles are fairly easy but a big group can be a real challenge unless you Olly them

Sounds like this is your answer:

jehler wrote:When I was down in lousiana teal were the easiest bird to hit, as I remembered ricks advice he had posted in the honey hole some odd years ago "don't be the first to shoot at the teal" that was good advice

But I still manage to shoot where teal aren't more than any other bird and can't imagine them being easier than, oh, say, a sitting can.
Rick

Postby jehler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Rick wrote:
jehler wrote:
Rick wrote:

Sounds like this is your answer:

jehler wrote:When I was down in lousiana teal were the easiest bird to hit, as I remembered ricks advice he had posted in the honey hole some odd years ago "don't be the first to shoot at the teal" that was good advice

But I still manage to shoot where teal aren't more than any other bird and can't imagine them being easier than, oh, say, a sitting can.
hey now! Lol
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Damn Rick, that was cold!
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:18 pm

:lol:

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Previous

Return to Puddle Duck Hunting Forum