planting biologic guides choice in water

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

planting biologic guides choice in water

Postby chesapeake » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:36 pm

hi im new to this sight i was wondering if anyone has tried planting biologic guides choice in water i have successfuly planted japanise millet in water in the past but had a hard time finding any locally so i bought some guides choice it is only 50% japanise millet will it grow completely submerged like millet ?
chesapeake

Re: planting biologic guides choice in water

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 pm

It should say on the package the best way to plant it. Never planted for ducks, only deer. So I don't have any other advice.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 pm

And :welcome:!!!!!
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:05 am

chesapeake wrote:hi im new to this sight i was wondering if anyone has tried planting biologic guides choice in water i have successfuly planted japanise millet in water in the past but had a hard time finding any locally so i bought some guides choice it is only 50% japanise millet will it grow completely submerged like millet ?

Like you said "guide choice" is mainly made up of Jap Millet which is pretty much watergrass on steroids. That product also has a good amount of milo and wheat mix into it. If I was you I wouldn't completely submerged the seed bed for and extended period of time. You'll end up drowning out the other plants. I would do flash irrigation for the duration of the growing season rather then having it in standing water.If you really want the plants in standing water, allow them to get at least a foot tall or more. Milo is a super hardy plant that can take alot of abuse after it gets established. Remember just enough covering water to keep their "feet wet". You don't want it to deep. Best of luck to you. I'll be workin on my food plots this weekend. :thumbsup:
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Pretty much what Gaddy said. Japanese Millet is pretty unstopable and super easy to grow. I have some planted all over the banks of the swamp and bayou behind my house and it comes back every year with no work. I planted twice, 2 consecutive years about 7 years ago and haven't done anymore work to it. It comes back every year just as strong as ever.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:51 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Pretty much what Gaddy said. Japanese Millet is pretty unstopable and super easy to grow. I have some planted all over the banks of the swamp and bayou behind the house that I'm moving out of because my wife stole my pants, and it comes back every year with no work. I planted twice, 2 consecutive years about 7 years ago and haven't done anymore work to it. It comes back every year just as strong as ever.

FIFY
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Ppppfff(muttered with spit flying all over the place)fffttttt! I'm keeping some of the land, and I still have access to it.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Ppppfff(muttered with spit flying all over the place)fffttttt! I'm keeping some of the land, and I still have access to it.

:lol: Just sayin'
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby chesapeake » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanx for the help ill try just planting around the edges instead of in the water itself since it is a stock pond and i have no controle over water. I'm use to getting millet for free from local state agency they suspended that program so i had to buy guides choice hope it works as well as strait japaneswe?rtfm e millet does. thanks for all the helpwe
chesapeake

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Where do you guys get this stuff?

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby hudson » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 pm

feed stores
hudson

Return to Puddle Duck Hunting Forum