Is there such a thing as too much movement?

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

Is there such a thing as too much movement?

Postby Freezer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:48 pm

I hunt Northern California refuges and the last few years have been draught years. That means lots of windless blue bird days. That said I've decided to pull out all the stops. I found a decoy torpedo with a weed guard and bought four. I have two shaker butts and six feeder butts. I'll attach the feeders to my jerk cords. I found the DYI weasel ball decoys and I'm prepared to make four of them. I have goose shell decoys that move with the slightest breeze. I have two wind ducks and two moto ducks but I'm not sold on them. I've seen them flare as many ducks as they attract. I bought rechargeable batteries and a smart charger that will works in my vehicle. Bilge pump feeders take too much power.

Is there such a thing as too much motion? :fishing:
........................................................... :duck:
Freezer

Re: Is there such a thing as too much movement?

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 pm

I not sure about too much motion, but I do think you can have too much hassle.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:02 am

The robo ducks can help or hurt depending on the day or hunting pressure in my experience. As for water motion I've never see that flare birds.

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 am

3legged_lab wrote:I not sure about too much motion, but I do think you can have too much hassle.

This
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 am

Do whatever makes you believe that it helps but I'm all about having a good time while I'm there. For me, that's keeping it simple, I don't want to feel like a puppet master running a bunch of goofy gadgets.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 am

Look over a large raft of ducks on Grizzly's close zone. They are chasing each other cleaning them selves and throwing a ripple all over the water. I think larger the spread of decoys more water movement you need/want to look natural. If you run a half a dozen decs one pulsator would do it.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:15 am

I think it's pretty easy to have too much of the wrong motion in a spread - but like 3legs' answer best.
Rick

Postby Redbeard » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 am

3legged_lab wrote:I not sure about too much motion, but I do think you can have too much hassle.
agreed. Daggumm freezer picturing you out there right now setting up this extravaganza. But I sure as heck hope it all works out for you

#tazincali
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Freezer » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:35 pm

With the exception of the jerk cord everything will be set up with the batteries in them. Just turn it on and throw it. Blue bird days only shoot for a couple hours in the morning then again at evening. This is a blind set up and I won't be mobile. I have other ideas for that.
Freezer

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Freezer wrote: This is a blind set up and I won't be mobile.

No shit.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:43 am

Ever wonder why ducks show up the instant you get out in the decoy spread to make an adjustment? The waves and ripples you made attracted ducks!?!?
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Puddle Duck Hunting Forum