Snow goose floaters

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

Snow goose floaters

Postby 3geese4me » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:51 am

Was thinking of doing something against the grain and running a small (3-4 dozen) spread of snow goose floaters exclusively for puddle ducks. My thought it to use all goose decoys and no duck decoys at all. I know canada goose floaters work, but what about snow goose floaters?

Has anyone done this? or am I thinking too far outside the box?
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Re: Snow goose floaters

Postby sws002 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

3geese4me wrote:Was thinking of doing something against the grain and running a small (3-4 dozen) spread of snow goose floaters exclusively for puddle ducks. My thought it to use all goose decoys and no duck decoys at all. I know canada goose floaters work, but what about snow goose floaters?

I've not spent much time observing how ducks respond to snows on the water, but I know this strategy works very well in the field. Only one way to find out I guess...
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Re: Snow goose floaters

Postby 3geese4me » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:12 pm

sws002 wrote:
3geese4me wrote:Was thinking of doing something against the grain and running a small (3-4 dozen) spread of snow goose floaters exclusively for puddle ducks. My thought it to use all goose decoys and no duck decoys at all. I know canada goose floaters work, but what about snow goose floaters?

I've not spent much time observing how ducks respond to snows on the water, but I know this strategy works very well in the field. Only one way to find out I guess...

The magic that they cause in the field is what prompted me to perhaps try it on the water. My question or concern is that how do ducks that don't normally visit a field spread take to them? Mainly talking about gadwalls, wigeon, gwt, bwt and the regal spoonbill.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Return to Puddle Duck Hunting Forum