HEY OLLY

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

HEY OLLY

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Where do you live that you can't field hunt ducks ???
firstflight

Re: HEY OLLY

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:53 pm

AL. I don't own any land down here and here it's either in the Delta or on your own land. Also ducks are almost never hunted in fields down here. I bet 9/10 ducks in this area are taken in the marsh/swamp.

I sure it CAN be done here. I've just never seen the opportunity to or heard of anyone doing it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:15 pm

That would kill me, 95% of my hunting is done in layout blind in a field, it is a great time when it's nasty as all get out. We crush ducks in fields . I love when we get snow and duck hunt .
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
firstflight

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:18 pm

I field hunted in MI for ducks and I miss it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:21 pm

I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:21 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

Some of the best hunts I have had happens in the fields .

And where you seen them in early goose should be there now most ducks come out before geese do .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:34 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

And where you seen them in early goose should be there now most ducks come out before geese do .

Those fields have been long tilled under. Need some corn to come off to get the birds concentrated again.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:35 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Those fields have been long tilled under. Need some corn to come off to get the birds concentrated again.

The ducks will still hit a plow field .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:38 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Well they aren't here. Havent scouted the fields in a while, so there could be some beans and possibly some corn down now. Probably give my buddy that has permission to them all and see if he want to hunt sometime. Then try and find some birds.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Well they aren't here. Havent scouted the fields in a while, so there could be some beans and possibly some corn down now. Probably give my buddy that has permission to them all and see if he want to hunt sometime. Then try and find some birds.

We have fresh corn cut but still have 10 days to go yet, till our season opens back up for a 14 days .then out for 3 weeks then in till January 4 .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:46 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:[quote="NuffDaddy"]I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

We have fresh corn cut but still have 10 days to go yet, till our season opens back up for a 14 days .then out for 3 weeks then in till January 4 .[/quote]
We are on till the first week of December now.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:48 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"]I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

We have fresh corn cut but still have 10 days to go yet, till our season opens back up for a 14 days .then out for 3 weeks then in till January 4 .[/quote]
We are on till the first week of December now.[/quote]
Must be nice ..
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:01 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:[quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"]I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

Must be nice ..[/quote]
It sure is. Would be nice if we could get something other than calm and sunny on the days I can hunt.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:02 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"]I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

Must be nice ..[/quote]
It sure is. Would be nice if we could get something other than calm and sunny on the days I can hunt.[/quote]
What the 45 mph winds today where not enough for you .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:04 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:[quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"]I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

Must be nice ..[/quote]
It sure is. Would be nice if we could get something other than calm and sunny on the days I can hunt.[/quote]
What the 45 mph winds today where not enough for you .[/quote]
Was a little breezier today but maybe 15mph and some rain. But I was in class from 8am to 8pm.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:06 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"]I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

Must be nice ..[/quote]
Was a little breezier today but maybe 15mph and some rain. But I was in class from 8am to 8pm.[/quote]
Oh that sucks . Days like that give me a chubby .
when you get old enough you can retire and hunt any day you want .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:12 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:[quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"]I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

Must be nice ..[/quote]
Was a little breezier today but maybe 15mph and some rain. But I was in class from 8am to 8pm.[/quote]
when you get old enough you can retire and hunt any day you want .[/quote]
That's my plan. I'll be out there chasing ducks 60 days a year. Right now I try and hunt 4 days a week, but split it up between ducks, deer, and upland.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"]I've never dry field hunted for ducks. I'm going to try hard to find a field with some ducks in it this year to hunt. Watching those 100 bird flocks work during early goose and youth season gave me the itch.

Must be nice ..[/quote]
when you get old enough you can retire and hunt any day you want .[/quote]
That's my plan. I'll be out there chasing ducks 60 days a year. Right now I try and hunt 4 days a week, but split it up between ducks, deer, and upland.[/quote]

I quit deer and upland, for ducks,geese and turkey . Deer took up to much time and Not as much fun anymore for me .
firstflight

Postby Woody » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 am

Ducks don't land in fields, it is a myth put on by PETA to prevent hunters from killing ducks... I bet firstflight is his chapter's president.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby firstflight » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:56 am

Woody wrote:Ducks don't land in fields, it is a myth put on by PETA to prevent hunters from killing ducks... I bet firstflight is his chapter's president.

Yep that's close , co founder of people eating tasty animals.
firstflight

Return to Puddle Duck Hunting Forum