Early teal hunt in Michigan. Caught on Shotkam

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

Early teal hunt in Michigan. Caught on Shotkam

Postby Everydaylimits » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:18 pm

Are we allowed to post hunts from other states on here? Let me know as id prefer not be banned for sharing this? Some ShotKam shots and video from today's Michigan Teal Opener 2020.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OKEDimOEAM
First time trying to film one of my hunts. This takes so much effort that people do not realize. Let me know what you think and please subscribe if you like what you see.
Everydaylimits

Re: Early teal hunt in Michigan. Caught on Shotkam

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Certainly man. Feel free to post your hunts. We’re pretty easy going around here, though we’ve been known to be a sarcastic bunch.

I’ll be honest, I’m skeptical when people post videos. However, kudos to you for picking up your hulls, not blaring music over your entire hunt, showing more than just the kill shots, and mentioning the importance of bird Id and not letting the meat spoil. We need more people like you in this sport.

PS: 78 degrees mid morning would feel like the North Pole to most of us on this forum right now.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Everydaylimits » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:05 am

Thanks, I appreciate it. It sure is a different bunch than on the refuge with people saying I cant call. Doesnt bother me though. Only second year hunting and only been calling for 6 months. One things for sure I will never start my video with a YoYoYo and hooting and hollering after a kill. Im glad I was able to take my dad out for his first hunt and we were not skunked. The diver hunts later in the year is where its at for us though. teal are hard in 6ft of water when were competing with all the flooded fields with how high the great lakes are. Please subscribe to my channel to catch my next hunt, hopefully in the next few days when it cools down a little more.
Everydaylimits

Postby 5 stand » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:26 am

You're calling will improve with more practice. With your enthusiasm I'm sure you'll post us a link ( to your newest video). You keep scheming on a way to get in with that farmer, you seem to be a resourceful young man. It's not a race, it's a marathon. It may take a few years.
5 stand

Postby Deltaman » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:06 am

Good Job :thumbsup: That was much more enjoyable than 80% of what I've seen to date, realistic with no BS, and as mentioned, no loud music playing during the hunt. You brought up a lot of good points that most don't even consider. Keep it up EDL, and Thanks for sharing!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Duck Engr » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:17 pm

I will say, with blue wings, go hunt every day you have the opportunity. They’ll show up, or disappear, with no apparent reason that I’ve been able to figure out.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby 5 stand » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:35 pm

Duck Engr wrote:I will say, with blue wings, go hunt every day you have the opportunity. They’ll show up, or disappear, with no apparent reason that I’ve been able to figure out.

I agree!
5 stand

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Haven't watched the video yet, but if you quote this post you'll see what's needed to embed them here: hit youtube button above the replay box and insert just the section of the address following the "=" in the youtube address:
Rick

Postby Everydaylimits » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks ill give that a try
Everydaylimits

Postby Everydaylimits » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm

[/quote]
Everydaylimits

Postby Dingo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:15 pm

Nice video thanks for sharing.