slow hunting

Anything and everything Dabbling Ducks.

slow hunting

Postby hillbillycustom » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Hunting where I'm at has gotten slow the last two weeks all the ducks seem to be avoiding small water and sitting on the big lakes had two good chances at some mallards both times here come a big bass boat and off fly the ducks second set had wings cupped ready to land I'm a fisherman to but come on by the way first post thanks fire letting me rant only been waterfowl hunting for 3 years I'm as green as they come trying to teach myself no friends our family waterfowl Hunters any tips for when buntings slow would be appreciated
hillbillycustom

Re: slow hunting

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm sure this isn't the answer you're looking for, but there's really not much to do. Just wait for a weather change up north.
assateague

Postby hillbillycustom » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Kinda what i figured it kills me cuz two weeks ago i was at my favorite hole its about two hours up a creek never see anyone there good Fishin great duck hunting and they were pourin in all out of range of course my calls where back in the truck great place for them when the ducks are flying :(
hillbillycustom

Postby Baysider » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 pm

hillbillycustom wrote:Hunting where I'm at has gotten slow the last two weeks all the ducks seem to be avoiding small water and sitting on the big lakes had two good chances at some mallards both times here come a big bass boat and off fly the ducks second set had wings cupped ready to land I'm a fisherman to but come on by the way first post thanks fire letting me rant only been waterfowl hunting for 3 years I'm as green as they come trying to teach myself no friends our family waterfowl Hunters any tips for when buntings slow would be appreciated

Am I the only one that read this hearing him say it without taking a breath? My internal reading voice was winded by the time I was done. :lol:
MOhuntingGuy wrote: Went with the fuse accessories axium 6 inch doinker style.
Baysider

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Get a dog to keep you entertained! Welcome:smile::smile::smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZd_SwS ... ata_player

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby hillbillycustom » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:32 pm

i wish my dog had that kinda energy. all she does is sleep untill she hears that duck call then back to sleep.
hillbillycustom

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:20 pm

It got slow here for ducks too. I shot my limit of geese today and missed the only two ducks I saw. Neighbor was out on the bigger water with 2 other guys. Ended up with 8 walleye, 5 northerns, 9 geese, and 16 ducks. Must have been a blast.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Next tiem...Get decoys and go over dere were dem ducks were landin' . :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forums hillbilly :welcome:

We thought
You was
a
Toad.

I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Puddle Duck Hunting Forum