Bonner County

Bonner County

Postby North Idaho hunter » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:30 pm

Howdy, i'l be moving to Bonner county end of Sept. i'm probably older than most here i'm 64. Ducks have been my passion for a long time, have a ton of mounts, ducks, geese but im slowing down because of my health but i can still get at it. No longer have a boat so im on foot. I've hunted CA private for 37 yrs. Alaska, for 6. I can learn the spots on foot but should there be someone who would like to bring me a long for a hunt, i would love it. If you have a boat and looking for a new friend or partner, i welcome that. I'm able to hunt 7 days a week and have a good 12 yr old lab. I might not want to hunt her if it gets too cold, but in early fall, i would like to see her out there. she lays down well and knows what's going on. I haven't hunted in 2 yrs and life hasn't seemed the same. In '20 I sold 900.00 worth of decoys because i thought my hunting days were over. All i have left are a dozen hidgon alpha wobbler full body honker shells with flocked heads.

i'll be ordering more dekes soon. Also love fly fishing and can't wait to get back into the Forest
North Idaho hunter

Re: Bonner County

Postby Deltaman » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:00 am

Welcome NIH, and good luck getting settled in and learning your new area. We will look forward to your reports!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Duck Engr » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:58 am

Most of the guys on this forum are based in the southeast, save a couple in the Midwest and northeast. I don’t know if any active members out your way. I’m jealous that you’re getting to move out that way though. Beautiful country that my wife and I visit as often as we can.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby North Idaho hunter » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:36 pm

i sure hope to be taking some good pics and giving a report or two. All of this might not happen if i don't come up with enough money for a 12 ga. I had a beauty but sold it to cabela's because i fell into the snake river, near idaho falls and lost my cell phone. being on a fixed income sucks. i never should of done that but at the time never thought i would hunt again. I almost replaced my 12 ga but didn't pull the trigger on it. It's gonna be beautiful, i can't wait
North Idaho hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting Forum