Never forget the Shauns of our great nation.

Thank you to all the service members past and present whether it be military, police, fire, or other.

Never forget the Shauns of our great nation.

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Please take the time to bow your head today, for fallen soldiers, marines, sailors, airman, coast guardsman and other "agents" that were defenders of our American freedom and way of life.
As for me, I will be thinking of a good friend and fallen comrade.
His name was Shaun Stay, he was from AZ.
He was a cowboy to, and through, the bone.
If you were in a bar and, had the misfortune to cross his path, you might size him up all wrong. He looked like you could grab him and shake his skinny ass cowboy frame and just shake him to his senses and scare him....it might be your last mistake on that day.
He didn't start fights but, he finished every single one I saw him partake in or, get pulled into.
His cowboy thirst for adrenaline got us in predicaments while on mission more than a few times but, it was usually him that pulled it all back in.
He didn't die in an heroic rush or, act against, an enemy postition or objective like anyone who knew him might expect. He died while we were back at our peace time station in West Germany. He was killed in a vehicle accident, while on a totally safe peace time mission, as a custodial agent.
I doubt he saw the semi that T-boned his little army issue M151 that night. I pray he felt nothing.
He should have been at home, on leave, getting married to some girl from back home.
As his squad leader, I hold myself somewhat responsible for that day. After their canceling of his leave, I went to the chain of command and, first, requested respectfully, that they reinstate his leave. After that I stewed on their decision for a few days again, then, completely and possibly disrespectfully and irate, I argued and stated his case again. While behind a closed door, arguing with the XO ( a prick of an O3), Shaun overheard me. When I stormed out of the office, he was standing there with a smile. He said "Don't worry about colonel......."and continued with some personal statement to appease me. He took the whole thing as matter of fact of life, no big deal. I can't help but feel if I would have argued to one more level in the chain of command he might be somewhere in AZ today, raising little cowboys with his woman.
I offer this music video, as it reminds me of Shaun whenever and wherever I hear it. It causes issues with my allergies.
GOD BLESS YOU SHAUN AND YOUR FAMILY!

I believe I have some photos of Shaun, hidden away in boxes of pictures that I don't open. He and other single guys from post would spend holiday dinners at our home. We were a family of Americans. I will try to find some of those photos and post later, when I have time.
QH's Paw

Re: Never forget the Shauns of our great nation.

Postby AKPirate » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Mike- Great tribute to Shaun! I will raise one to him tonight!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby DC727 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Rest easy, Shaun.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby waterfowlman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Wonderful tribute Mike. You are a true friend to Shaun.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby Redbeard » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Very nice Mike. I'll drink to Shaun to tonight!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Return to Military, Police, Fire, Public Service Members