15 year retirement

Thank you to all the service members past and present whether it be military, police, fire, or other.

Re: 15 year retirement

Postby 3geese4me » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:30 pm

assateague wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:On the flipside, you'll most likely deal with some form of bs at any other job as well.

This is amazingly true, and shouldn't be discounted. I used to think the bullshit was deep in the Army, but really, corporate America makes the military look like a well-oiled machine. While the bullshit may be a different flavor, I assure you it is every bit as deep in the civilian world.

I bet that's true. I guess I really just needed to vent. I went out today and put the hurt down on some geese as well and I feel remarkably better.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Olly » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:59 pm

The key difference is that you can choose to deal with it or not in the civilian world.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3geese4me » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Olly wrote:The key difference is that you can choose to deal with it or not in the civilian world.

I definitely miss my freedom.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Olly wrote:The key difference is that you can choose to deal with it or not in the civilian world.

No. You can choose WHERE you want to deal with it, but it is always there in some shape or form.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:37 pm

There are varying degrees of course. And sometimes a change of bullshit style makes it seem more tolerable. For a while.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 pm

3geese4me wrote:

Even as your own boss you deal with bullshit..usually worse
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
3geese4me wrote:

Even as your own boss you deal with bullshit..usually worse

Exactly. The problem is, you can't bitch about it, nobody is there to care.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:17 am

I got no bullshit, of course I barely make enough to survive and have no retirement, but I am always smiling and spend a huge amount of time withy kids and wife
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:28 am

jehler wrote:I got no bullshit, of course I barely make enough to survive and have no retirement, but I am always smiling and spend a huge amount of time withy kids and wife

Says the man with 47 boats, shoots Benellis and provides multiple guys the opportunity to support their families. Barely making it i see:lol::lol:
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:28 am

not necessarily true
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:32 am

Redbeard wrote:
not necessarily true

Not true at all. I live both worlds and I'll take the military bullshit any day over the real world bullshit.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:47 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
jehler wrote:I got no bullshit, of course I barely make enough to survive and have no retirement, but I am always smiling and spend a huge amount of time withy kids and wife

Says the man with 47 boats, shoots Benellis and provides multiple guys the opportunity to support their families. Barely making it i see:lol::lol:
trust me boss, I'm scraping by, the last year I made money was 2007
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Redbeard » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:54 am

jehler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

well one good harvest of Michigan Michoacan can get ya through the year huh
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby jehler » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:22 am

Redbeard wrote:
jehler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

well one good harvest of Michigan Michoacan can get ya through the year huh
my old roofing contractor hasn't done anything but clone, trim and dry for the last five years, I got to be honest, the way pot laws are nowadays I feel like a sucker playing things legit
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby 3geese4me » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Mypers, which is the governing authority for this program is stating that it will just be like the 20 year retirement system that is in place currently. The only difference will be that instead of a 50% pension, I will only get 37.5%. Which is going to be only a difference of around $400 dollars for me. Only 4 years and 10 months to go.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby AKPirate » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

3geese4me wrote:Mypers, which is the governing authority for this program is stating that it will just be like the 20 year retirement system that is in place currently. The only difference will be that instead of a 50% pension, I will only get 37.5%. Which is going to be only a difference of around $400 dollars for me. Only 4 years and 10 months to go.

Check this out. http://www.jqpublic-blog.com/?p=569 Can you get a bonus at 15 years?
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:51 pm

AKPirate wrote:
3geese4me wrote:Mypers, which is the governing authority for this program is stating that it will just be like the 20 year retirement system that is in place currently. The only difference will be that instead of a 50% pension, I will only get 37.5%. Which is going to be only a difference of around $400 dollars for me. Only 4 years and 10 months to go.

Check this out. http://www.jqpublic-blog.com/?p=569 Can you get a bonus at 15 years?

You can receive bonuses up until your 20 year mark. After that you don't receive them.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
AKPirate wrote:

You can receive bonuses up until your 20 year mark. After that you don't receive them.

:thumbsup:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3geese4me » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:55 pm

I am not sure if I could punch out at 15 and collect the bonus. I think those that take that bonus have to do the full 20 or risk the chance of having to pay back the bonus or at least parts of it. But, I have also heard of some people getting a waiver stating that they did not have to repay the bonus. Wouldn't hurt to ask though when the time comes.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby 3geese4me » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Eric are you talking about career field bonuses or the redux that gets offered to every service member at their 15 year mark? I think AK is talking about the redux in that article he posted.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby AKPirate » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:01 pm

3geese4me wrote:I am not sure if I could punch out at 15 and collect the bonus. I think those that take that bonus have to do the full 20 or risk the chance of having to pay back the bonus or at least parts of it. But, I have also heard of some people getting a waiver stating that they did not have to repay the bonus. Wouldn't hurt to ask though when the time comes.

Yeah, I would take any bonus you can. Even if you have to pay it back, free interest. The guys that took the bonus were the smart ones in this case.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3geese4me » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:14 pm

AKPirate wrote:
3geese4me wrote:I am not sure if I could punch out at 15 and collect the bonus. I think those that take that bonus have to do the full 20 or risk the chance of having to pay back the bonus or at least parts of it. But, I have also heard of some people getting a waiver stating that they did not have to repay the bonus. Wouldn't hurt to ask though when the time comes.

Yeah, I would take any bonus you can. Even if you have to pay it back, free interest. The guys that took the bonus were the smart ones in this case.

Yep they sure are. Ill email our manpower section and ping them for some answers. Would be interesting to see what they have to say.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby quackills » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:02 am

AKPirate wrote:

Actually this so called bonus is really not that great REDUX, at 15 years you can choose to take the bonus which enables you to stay till 20 at 40% retirement or go all the way to 30 years to get your 50 % retirement. I've seen to many people pizz their bonus away and then get out at 20 with only 40 %.

oh and that 30 grand is about 21K after 28% tax is taken out. Not worth it IMO
quackills

Postby 3geese4me » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:57 am

The financial advisers on base here even said taking the redux is a bad idea. The only way according to them, for it to be a good idea is if you invested it aggressively and hoped to god you didn't lose your ass.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Olly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:34 am

If the CG was offering early outs right now I would take it in a heart beat. Use my GI bill to go to school and float myself for another 4 years while getting a degree and figure it out from there.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3geese4me » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:03 pm

If I didn't have a family, I would be gone as well. Same plan as you too.

US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby DC727 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:07 pm

They're asking for volunteers here to get out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby Olly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:42 pm

DC727 wrote:They're asking for volunteers here to get out.

Hopefully the CG will ask for some soon.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DC727 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Idk what I want to do lol

NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby Olly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:44 pm

DC727 wrote:Idk what I want to do lol

The military is fucking awesome when you're young and don't want to settle down. When you get old enough and the desire to own some land, raise a family and just stay in one spot kicks in it'll suck.
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Military, Police, Fire, Public Service Members