15 year retirement

Thank you to all the service members past and present whether it be military, police, fire, or other.

Re: 15 year retirement

Postby 3geese4me » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Olly wrote:
DC727 wrote:Idk what I want to do lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The military is fucking awesome when you're young and don't want to settle down. When you get old enough and the desire to own some land, raise a family and just stay in one spot kicks in it'll suck.

Yep. Dale my advice to you is to gain as many certifications as you possibly can while you are in. Leave with at least a bachelors and 1 years income saved up. Do your 6 and get out.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Olly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:03 pm

I got some advice when I first came in and I'm going to pass it on to Dale or anyone on their first tour.

"Stay in as long as your heart is in it, because if it's not you'll be a bad solider/sailor/airman and do a disservice to your country"

Some people's heart only takes them to their first tour, some 20 years. For everyone it's different.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Olly wrote:I got some advice when I first came in and I'm going to pass it on to Dale or anyone on their first tour.

"Stay in as long as your heart is in it, because if it's not you'll be a bad solider/sailor/airman and do a disservice to your country"

Some people's heart only takes them to their first tour, some 20 years. For everyone it's different.

That pretty much sums it up. My heart never left it, though I was a little discouraged with a certain part of the Air Force when I left active duty at Minot. Since being in the ANG, I've regained the love I had at my first duty station, plus a lot more. I think you will come to find out that the people are what make it and not so much where you are stationed. For those of you looking to get out and are at least an E-5, I'd seriously consider the AGR/Technician route....not sure why I didn't think about it when I was getting out of active duty.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby RonE » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:36 pm

If you are going to retire, retire with dignity and age gracefully.

Edited by moderator, please post risqué photos in the Hawaii Forum, Thank you.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Previous

Return to Military, Police, Fire, Public Service Members