Warning Shot

Thank you to all the service members past and present whether it be military, police, fire, or other.

Warning Shot

Postby RonE » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:13 am

Burglar's relative says:

"He could have used a warning shot first..."

From WTTC News in Dallas , we get this heartwarming tale of a long-time criminal, 33year old Deyfon Pipkin, who tried to climb in a window of a Texas home.

The elderly owner occupant saw him and fired one shot, ending Deyfon’s criminal career.

As the police do, they came by to investigate, gathered the corpse, then went to notify Deyfon's family of his unfortunate demise. It seems that the family was very upset, because they showed up at the scene.

"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, complained. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."

COMMENT FROM THE SIDELINE:

"That's certainly true, Lakesha. He could also have invited him in and given him a beer, then helped him cart the TV out to the curb".

"Unfortunately for Deyfon , Texas is a Castle Doctrine state, and the homeowner chose to shoot Deyfon, as is right and proper to do in Texas .

"For that matter, Lakesha, you could have warned Deyfon. Why didn't YOU tell him: 'Deyfon, yo' needs to quit breakin' into those peoples' houses and stealin they shit. Someone is goins to pop a cap in yo' ass.'"

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Don't you just love it when things work out right?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Re: Warning Shot

Postby Deltaman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:21 am

Like shooting a poisonous snake..........one less to worry about :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby capt1972 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:04 pm

I wish someone would break in my house...
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:15 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:I wish someone would break in my house...

I'd give them a warning shot, followed up by a second to the head!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:39 pm

capt1972 wrote:

Just to let them know what was getting ready to happen. :thumbsup:
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby ea oneal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:02 pm

at my house this is the warning shot 90lbs and is a cool girl come in her house with no invite aya !!! :thumbsup:
IMG-20131113-00585.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
ea oneal

Postby capt1972 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:09 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
capt1972 wrote:

Just to let them know what was getting ready to happen. :thumbsup:

Precisely!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:57 am

The second shot is for the warning. That is if it is needed. :D
QH's Paw

Postby Tomkat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:12 am

I don't call 911
Tomkat

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 am

Tomkat wrote:I don't call 911

I can dig and cover a half filled hole faster than the Popo can get to my place.
QH's Paw

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 am

No warning shots here. Just a full mag dump into anyone coming to do me harm. After all warning shots just prove to a jury that the intruder couldn't have been that big of a threat.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Olly wrote:No warning shots here. Just a full mag dump into anyone coming to do me harm. After all warning shots just prove to a jury that the intruder couldn't have been that big of a threat.

There's a lot of truth to that. My CC instructor also told us that if you're going to shoot someone in self-defense to use target rounds instead of self-defense rounds because a jury could deem self-defense rounds as premeditated.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Olly wrote:No warning shots here. Just a full mag dump into anyone coming to do me harm. After all warning shots just prove to a jury that the intruder couldn't have been that big of a threat.

There's a lot of truth to that. My CC instructor also told us that if you're going to shoot someone in self-defense to use target rounds instead of self-defense rounds because a jury could deem self-defense rounds as premeditated.

That is some bull shit logic, them not you. How would making the choice to carry not be seen as the same "premeditated" to them?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

That is some bull shit logic, them not you. How would making the choice to carry not be seen as the same "premeditated" to them?

I hear ya, but you also have to know that was just his opinion. His day job was Oregon dept of fish and wildlife, and the classes were his sideline.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby waterfowlman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:25 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

I hear ya, but you also have to know that was just his opinion. His day job was Oregon dept of fish and wildlife, and the classes were his sideline.

He just doesn't want you poachers punching Black Talons through his vest.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Return to Military, Police, Fire, Public Service Members