Court Martial

Thank you to all the service members past and present whether it be military, police, fire, or other.

Re: Court Martial

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 am

assateague wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
Olly wrote:I've been to an open court martial before never on the jury though. Always a good time to watch, in my experience no one ever gets court martialed unless they deserved it.

What are minor offenses you can get a CM for? I understand killing, stealing ect but what about minor offenses.

Anything, if you want. I was given an Article 15 for some dumb shit, which was a 2LT's fault, and I demanded a court martial for it, rather than non-judicial punishment. Basically, your commander can pass judgement, up to a month forfeiture of pay and/or barracks restriction for a couple months, or whatever other punishment someone can dream up, or you can choose a court martial. There really is no "not guilty" with the former option. I knew I didn't do it, the CO knew I didn't do it, and the 2LT damn sure knew I didn't do it. CO tried to talk me out of it, but that's bullshit. I demanded a court martial every day for a week before he just let the whole thing go.

I got an LOR(Letter of Reprimand) and Airman of the Quarter all is the same week once. Got the LOR for not participating in group PT. Group PT that day was basketball and I decided to run. Fuck them. Two days later the commander gave me Airman of the Quarter and I smiled as the guy who reprimanded me was forced to be in the picture with me. I had the biggest smile on my face that day.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 am

3geese4me wrote:If your commanding officer issues you Non-judicial punishment, you have 2 options. Accept it and be done with your punishment or elect to take it to a court martial if you feel the punishment was out of line. Usually if the offense you committed has some gray area in it the commander will try to give you an Article 15 and try to save you some humiliation from a court martial. However, if you feel you are in the right you have every right to take it to court. Then let your peers decide your fate, with a commissioned officer then handing out sentencing. Sometimes you get off and go with no punishment, but 99% of the time you will get convicted and the punishment will be 10 times more difficult than just taking the Article 15 and carrying on with your life.

On this base, the most common court martial hearings are: sexual assault, rape, drunk driving, drug use and soliciting alcohol to minors.

Minot is the worst base as far as leadership I have ever witnessed in my entire military career. The week after I left, the whole nuke incident went down and the purge happened. Not that it did any good. All of my friends there just said it got even worse.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby 3geese4me » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:12 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
3geese4me wrote:If your commanding officer issues you Non-judicial punishment, you have 2 options. Accept it and be done with your punishment or elect to take it to a court martial if you feel the punishment was out of line. Usually if the offense you committed has some gray area in it the commander will try to give you an Article 15 and try to save you some humiliation from a court martial. However, if you feel you are in the right you have every right to take it to court. Then let your peers decide your fate, with a commissioned officer then handing out sentencing. Sometimes you get off and go with no punishment, but 99% of the time you will get convicted and the punishment will be 10 times more difficult than just taking the Article 15 and carrying on with your life.

On this base, the most common court martial hearings are: sexual assault, rape, drunk driving, drug use and soliciting alcohol to minors.

Minot is the worst base as far as leadership I have ever witnessed in my entire military career. The week after I left, the whole nuke incident went down and the purge happened. Not that it did any good. All of my friends there just said it got even worse.

It is a little better now, but it is still the only recognized form of slavery in existence. We are beat to the ground on a daily basis.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

Olly wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
Olly wrote:I've been to an open court martial before never on the jury though. Always a good time to watch, in my experience no one ever gets court martialed unless they deserved it.

What are minor offenses you can get a CM for? I understand killing, stealing ect but what about minor offenses.

You can get a CM for breaking any article of the UCMJ.

Dueling and Sodomy are two of the funnier ones.

Sodomy is never funny.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Tomkat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:30 am

Thanks. That explains it for me.

AT I love that story. He probably dropped it because he didnt want to hear u bitch about it anymore lol

I would love to see that pic Olly!!! I bet you were loving that shit!!!
Tomkat

Postby Olly » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:32 am

Tomkat wrote:Thanks. That explains it for me.

AT I love that story. He probably dropped it because he didnt want to hear u bitch about it anymore lol

Wtf are you taking about?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 am

Olly wrote:

Shoes. Colors. Gor-tex
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby RonE » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:47 am

Some commands are more prone to court martials than others, depends on the guy at the top. If the top brass is an asshole, all the shit flows downhill. When I was at Fort Hood, that was the case. Unless it was clearly something that required a court martial I handled everything within my company. Article 15 punishment is recorded in personnel records so I usually gave the soldier a choice of Article 15 or he could choose the company first sergeant to assign extra duty. The first sergeant was usually rougher than I but it didn't result in a permanent mark. At that time a lot of the soldiers had the attitude: What are you gonna do? Kick me out? Send me to Viet Nam? 40% were on orders to Viet Nam and 40% were short timers.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Tomkat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:16 am

Olly wrote:

Didnt you post about a pic of u smiling with the CO as airmen of the quarter? Is it time 4 u to pee in a cup?
Tomkat

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 am

Tomkat wrote:
Olly wrote:

Didnt you post about a pic of u smiling with the CO as airmen of the quarter? Is it time 4 u to pee in a cup?

I'm damn near invisible today
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DC727 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
Olly wrote:

Probably cause youre black
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby 3geese4me » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Black as night.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:41 pm

3geese4me wrote:Black as night.

Eyes of a unicorn.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:37 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
Olly wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
QH's Paw

Previous

Return to Military, Police, Fire, Public Service Members