Discouraging

Thank you to all the service members past and present whether it be military, police, fire, or other.

Re: Discouraging

Postby Woody » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:47 am

assateague wrote:I would sleep in my backseat for a year for that kind of cash if I was single.

You apparently haven't been in northern midwest during jan or feb.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 am

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
3geese4me wrote:As most of you know, there is an oil boom of epic proportions going on here in North Dakota. My cousin, who is 3 years older than me, flunked out of high school and can barely count to 10. He landed a job and makes well over $200K a year as a driller and just bought himself a 2014 Corvette Stingray..with cash, no loan. Here I am, making a modest paycheck but I get discouraged when I see the kind of money these guys are making. It makes me upset to see guys making $200K a year and blowing it on a car that they will only be able to drive 4 months out of the year.

Are they still hiring?

They are always hiring. My uncle inlaw is in that industry. People are consistently cycling threw, and with more and more rigs up there going in. They need more guys to work them. Lots of dudes get fast cash and go all dummy and do a bunch of stupid shit. It's a rough and rowdy group.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby RonE » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:45 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
3geese4me wrote:As most of you know, there is an oil boom of epic proportions going on here in North Dakota. My cousin, who is 3 years older than me, flunked out of high school and can barely count to 10. He landed a job and makes well over $200K a year as a driller and just bought himself a 2014 Corvette Stingray..with cash, no loan. Here I am, making a modest paycheck but I get discouraged when I see the kind of money these guys are making. It makes me upset to see guys making $200K a year and blowing it on a car that they will only be able to drive 4 months out of the year.

Are they still hiring?

They are always hiring. My uncle inlaw is in that industry. People are consistently cycling threw, and with more and more rigs up there going in. They need more guys to work them. Lots of dudes get fast cash and go all dummy and do a bunch of stupid shit. It's a rough and rowdy group.

They are still hiring, especially here in Texas where the winters are a bit milder. Keep in mind that you don't start as a driller, usually takes 3-5 years to get to drilling and even most drillers don't get to $200,000 unless they "work over" a lot or are drilling for a company that pays bonuses for performance. My friend has passed up drilling because he would have to move to a job that doesn't pay production bonuses and wouldn't have the opportunity to work over as much. My buddy works over every chance he gets except during duck season.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby assateague » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 am

Woody wrote:
assateague wrote:I would sleep in my backseat for a year for that kind of cash if I was single.

I lived in MN for 4 years. I would make a thick comforter stuffed with $100 bills, and smile myself to sleep every night.
assateague

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:55 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:

Are they still hiring?

Sign me up!
WisconsinWaterfowler

Postby sws002 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:34 pm

assateague wrote:
Woody wrote:

I lived in MN for 4 years. I would make a thick comforter stuffed with $100 bills, and smile myself to sleep every night.

The visual I just got is fantastic. AssaRich!
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Previous

Return to Military, Police, Fire, Public Service Members