Military videos

Thank you to all the service members past and present whether it be military, police, fire, or other.

Military videos

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:23 am

I'll start with this one. Bad ass Marine right there.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Military videos

Postby Bad17 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:32 am

Fuckin A bad ass job
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 am

One of the things that I love about the military is that we're always prepared for shit. That "stool" he landed the nose on was built and stored on the ship just for the purpose. I wonder what the conversation was like on the bridge as this guy was flying circles around the carrier waiting for them to come up with a plan. I hope that some low ranking enlisted member was like "Sir there's that stool thing stored on the 5th deck... is that what this is for?"
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:16 am

I know its not the definition of "bad ass" but watching this go down in person is actually pretty intense. I got to do it twice while I was at school at Beale.

Since the U2 pilot can't see anything from the cockpit and they are basically a completely manual aircraft without all the bells and whistles, they have another pilot drive behind them and coach them down. This was the only short video I could find but this was probably the fastest landing I've ever seen.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:17 am

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:38 am

Love watching them take off and land at the flight line. The chase cars are badass!
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby RonE » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:59 pm

I used to have a duck blind just north of Beal AFB and the SR71 would sometimes come in for a landing directly over our blind.

Pretty interesting video. That looks like a UT trainer. Never saw one with a two person cockpit configuration.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:03 pm

RonE wrote:I used to have a duck blind just north of Beal AFB and the SR71 would sometimes come in for a landing directly over our blind.

Pretty interesting video. That looks like a UT trainer. Never saw one with a two person cockpit configuration.

There are quite a few 2 seaters. I'd give anything to go up into borderline space...over any fighter jet on the world.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DC727 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:06 pm

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1403895980119.jpg[/attachment]

I'd fly this plane. Any day
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:07 pm

DC727 wrote:[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1403895980119.jpg[/attachment]

I'd fly this plane. Any day

You mean this one...from a couple hours ago.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:09 pm

That's all we've turned so far this year is a fuck load of A's. Other than them its just been a few F16 hot pits.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DC727 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Same plane. If not that than a B-1. There's something about going full after burners down a runway, and shaking every damn building within an half mile that has to be bad ass. Not to mention the bombs they carry. And the speed they can fly.
DC727

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:12 pm

DC727 wrote:Same plane. If not that than a B-1. There's something about going full after burners down a runway, and shaking every damn building within an half mile that has to be bad ass. Not to mention the bombs they carry. And the speed they can fly.

Bombers suck balls to fly in IMO but I'm basing judgement from flying in a 52. Holds more than the 1 also
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DC727 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
DC727 wrote:Same plane. If not that than a B-1. There's something about going full after burners down a runway, and shaking every damn building within an half mile that has to be bad ass. Not to mention the bombs they carry. And the speed they can fly.

Bombers suck balls to fly in IMO but I'm basing judgement from flying in a 52. Holds more than the 1 also

B-52 is a big fucker. A ac-130 or kc-135 would be next on my list.
DC727

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:17 pm

DC727 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I take it you like sitting in a shell with no windows? :lol:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DC727 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
DC727 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I take it you like sitting in a shell with no windows? :lol:

I'm talking about If I'm a pilot. But a boom operator would be a badass job
DC727

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Once had to fly in a -141 with nothing but cargo net seats from McChord to Elmendorff to Guam to Yakota to Osan before they were nice enough to take us on to Thailand. That cured my desire to ever be inside an AF plane ever again.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:37 pm

assateague wrote:Once had to fly in a -141 with nothing but cargo net seats from McChord to Elmendorff to Guam to Yakota to Osan before they were nice enough to take us on to Thailand. That cured my desire to ever be inside an AF plane ever again.

You mean the Army didn't afford you the non stop flight right to Osan in a C5 from the states? Never would have guessed :lol::lol::lol:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:39 pm

Every other time, it was a Northwest commercial flight from Seattle, back in the days when you could still smoke on an international flight and booze was free. No clue why this happened this way, but I know that it sucked balls. Huge, sweaty balls.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:41 pm

assateague wrote:Every other time, it was a Northwest commercial flight from Seattle, back in the days when you could still smoke on an international flight and booze was free. No clue why this happened this way, but I know that it sucked balls. Huge, sweaty balls.

I've always flown commercial except one trip from Guam to Minot in a C5. Was pretty nice actually
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:42 pm

If it's got those seating units in it, it's not bad. But those fucking nets are the worst. Hip to hip and knee to knee, the entire time. But the AF was nice enough to throw out some box lunches from time to time.
assateague

Postby waterfowlman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:48 pm

I used to hunt with a Marine Corp colonel back in the late 70's in eastern NC who was a Harrier flight instructor at Cherry point air station. He told me that out of the first 800 harriers we had bought from the British, 400 had already crashed. They were kinda tricky to fly in those early days of development.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:59 pm

waterfowlman wrote:I used to hunt with a Marine Corp colonel back in the late 70's in eastern NC who was a Harrier flight instructor at Cherry point air station. He told me that out of the first 800 harriers we had bought from the British, 400 had already crashed. They were kinda tricky to fly in those early days of development.

They were and still are. I commonly hear them referred to as "pieces of shit that are built crashing" by navy pilots.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to Military, Police, Fire, Public Service Members