Ft. Drum Live Weeks

Thank you to all the service members past and present whether it be military, police, fire, or other.

Ft. Drum Live Weeks

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Just thought I'd throw some videos up of where I work and what I do with the Air Force. The videos are out on the range and most of the pictures are at the build pad and around my office area.

This video is of 3 A-10s doing a routine mark/strike. First one marks the target with a 2.75 rocket which is around :27 in the video(you can see the small plume of smoke where it hits). Second one comes in with a short burst of 30mm and the last drops 4 mk82 high drag bombs. You can hear the impact around 1:24ish. We are about 800-100 yards away, but my cell phone camera sucks so it's hard to make a lot of the stuff out(except for the dude talking right next to me into my camera)
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Re: Ft. Drum Live Weeks

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Can't get it to play. But how often you get to watch the show or actual training like what you described?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Works now. Pretty sweet
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Redbeard wrote:Can't get it to play. But how often you get to watch the show or actual training like what you described?

Whenever I want, but honestly, after seeing it so many times it loses its appeal to go often. The best days are when there is a joint exercise going on with Army/Air Force. Instead of other jets marking targets, Black Hawks come in and do it and don't mind hovering about 20 feet over your head, touching rockets off. This unit was from Boise, ID and has a regulation that says they can't fire 30mm directly over friendlies while in training, which was a bummer. My favorite part of going to the range is having a 10 do a panel check and lay into some 30mm right over top of me. Rattles the brain pretty good.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Can't get it to play. But how often you get to watch the show or actual training like what you described?

Whenever I want, but honestly, after seeing it so many times it loses its appeal to go often. The best days are when there is a joint exercise going on with Army/Air Force. Instead of other jets marking targets, Black Hawks come in and do it and don't mind hovering about 20 feet over your head, touching rockets off. This unit was from Boise, ID and has a regulation that says they can't fire 30mm directly over friendlies while in training, which was a bummer. My favorite part of going to the range is having a 10 do a panel check and lay into some 30mm right over top of me. Rattles the brain pretty good.
THAT would be badass
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Out building up the bombs used in the video.

We even work in the rain sometimes.

Loading up on the flight line.

Some random of the office area.

Out at the range waiting on the 10's to show up. Yours truly.

These containers are for the pilot to let them know where NOT to hit due to friendlies(us) but the container looks like swiss cheese because the Army gunners don't seem to care haha.

We got the call to get out of the range because Chinooks were coming through and lighting the area up. Got back just in time.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Great pictures man
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Redbeard wrote:Great pictures man

Thanks!

Trying to get the pics from that pilot in the picture with the fancy camera.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby waterfowlman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Great pictures Eric. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Next time try getting a lot closer to the targets the A-10's are chewing up so you can really capture it on your phone camera for us. :lol:
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:55 pm

waterfowlman wrote:Great pictures Eric. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Next time try getting a lot closer to the targets the A-10's are chewing up so you can really capture it on your phone camera for us. :lol:
yea we can't see anything from a 1/4 mile out
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 pm

These are for F16 20mm practice.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Here's a better video of some 30mm. The target is a Jon boat we threw in a pond behind that tree line. I'm not sure if 200 rounds in one go is practical in real world use, but I have never seen them do it before this trip to the range.

He pulls the trigger around :24

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Private video
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Private video

Fixed
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Thanks Eric :thumbsup:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Ft. Drum Live Weeks

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:14 am

AKPirate wrote:Thanks Eric :thumbsup:

Tim thanks for running the best forum on the best duck hunting site in history.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby AKPirate » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:

Boot you know you fucked up and became a cop instead of a real man, you don't get to play with any of the real men toys. Now go back to violating some private citizens rights.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:33 am

AKPirate wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Boot you know you fucked up and became a cop instead of a real man, you don't get to play with any of the real men toys. Now go back to violating some private citizens rights.

Seriously, I regret not becoming a soldier and now I compensate by wearing a thong under my uniform everyday.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:34 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:

You used your black magic on me
Bootlipkiller

Postby AKPirate » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 am

Can you take your gay comments to the taxidermy forum? They need the traffic there. :mrgreen:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

You used your black magic on me

I would never do that :mrgreen:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:15 pm

AKPirate wrote:Can you take your gay comments to the taxidermy forum? They need the traffic there. :mrgreen:

Worst mod ever.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
AKPirate wrote:Can you take your gay comments to the taxidermy forum? They need the traffic there. :mrgreen:

Worst mod ever.

That's Red :lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Return to Military, Police, Fire, Public Service Members