bluebills

Everything Diver related.

Re: bluebills

Postby RonE » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:05 am

Flightstopper wrote:If I send you shells will you shoot more cormorants? Hate those Devils

Cormorants (Water Turkeys) are considered an exotic, along with pelicans, gulls, black birds, egrets, herons, terns and many other. You need a special license issued by Jack Daniels to shoot exotics.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 am

RonE wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:If I send you shells will you shoot more cormorants? Hate those Devils

Cormorants (Water Turkeys) are considered an exotic, along with pelicans, gulls, black birds, egrets, herons, terns and many other. You need a special license issued by Jack Daniels to shoot exotics.

:lol:
We get our license from crown royal.

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:24 am

RonE wrote:

The dos XX guy said I was fine
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Slingshot wrote:If your on Big water and there's big rafts of bills close by try and use as many decoys as possible , sometimes it hard to compete with a big raft of divers not far away from ware your hunting.One more thing If your not using longlines and your in shallows thats wadeable set you blocks up in a big circle no more than 35 yards across this will give your spead from a distance the apearance of a huge spead to the passing ducks. Also this gives the ducks a landing zone in the middle of circle and keep the birds well within range for your shots.At the head of the circle put more blocks as if the diver are feeding at the head of the circle , if you watch Bills on the water feeding they feed like this as they dive down they pop up futher forward in the group this is why I set the circle up like this. Don't be fooled keep you eye open I've shot Pintails , wigeon , mallards ,teal you name it off this cicrle while hunting divers you never know whats gonna show up during ya hunt so Good luck to ya .

WARNING ASSA: DON"T LOOK!
Yep, slingshot is absolutely right about puddlers showing up for the show at any given moment.
This spriq was shout over longlines while targeting BBs and GE.

QH's Paw

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:07 pm

That is a beautiful sprig. First one I shoot like that will be on the wall.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby flight control » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:That is a beautiful sprig. First one I shoot like that will be on the wall.

X2, but I doubt I'll ever see one that nice. They leave way too early.

Also, I might just be unlucky, but every time I've handled a pintail, I've had lice crawl up my arms. Is it just me or are they more prone to that than other ducks?
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:17 pm

flight control wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:That is a beautiful sprig. First one I shoot like that will be on the wall.

Also, I might just be unlucky, but every time I've handled a pintail, I've had lice crawl up my arms. Is it just me or are they more prone to that than other ducks?

I usually find mites on mallards, only cleaned two pintails in my career and I think they was clean.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby flight control » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
flight control wrote:

I usually find mites on mallards, only cleaned two pintails in my career and I think they was clean.

A friend of mine had two or three make a run up his arms while plucking a goose a couple years ago. He went straight to the bathroom and spent the next hour shaving off every hair on his body. :lol:
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
flight control wrote:

I don't think I've ever cleaned a early season duck without mites.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:48 pm

I had a pintail sandwich on sourdough with swiss cheese for dinner. No mites!

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 am

Far as I can tell, all ducks are susceptible to bird lice. But most of the "rice breast" I've found has been in pintails. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.
Rick

Postby jehler » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:40 am

I think every shoveler we shot down in la had rice breast, and one mallard. Thank goodness the ducks don't have it here, they must pick it up in Arkansas
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:32 am

jehler wrote:I think every shoveler we shot down in la had rice breast, and one mallard. Thank goodness the ducks don't have it here, they must pick it up in Arkansas

Back in an ill spent youth, I chased mallards and other trashy park ducks. I killed probably a dozen of them with it one year and can think of maybe one or two others in the last 20 years here in Michigan.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby flight control » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:28 am

I've had two black ducks with rice breast. But then again I pluck a lot of them and wouldn't know the difference. Those bastards gross me out.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby Slingshot » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm

The pintails I've shot here don't seem to have lice on them. I wasn't looking either. As far as the rice breast are spoonie's have it bad when they first get hear in florida , but after they have been here for some time it seems to be gone from them. I have some friends in arkansas that tells me that when there's a drastic change from warm weather to very cold weather , or vise versa is when they seem to notice the rice breat the mosts in spoonies and in some case mallards. Are weather here in florida will stay just about the same all season with a sudden drop intemps for just about 6 to 10 hours then back up again. Not sure if there's any facts to support what my friends have noticed, but this is just what they've picked up after 40 years of hunting the same 800 acre farm just down the road from claypool.
Team total asalt.
Modded 35 gdsd 1746xpress. Haulin the mail
Take a kid huntin.
Slingshot

Location: Holder steady newt were headdin fer da tadder patch.

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:59 pm

I've only seen rice breast in mallards. Just another reason to be a seaducker and diver hunter. :thumbsup:
QH's Paw

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:20 pm

QH's Paw wrote:I've only seen rice breast in mallards. Just another reason to be a seaducker and diver hunter. :thumbsup:

That and you don't feel guilty when you see kids feeding mallards at the park
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:45 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:I've only seen rice breast in mallards. Just another reason to be a seaducker and diver hunter. :thumbsup:

That and you don't feel guilty when you see kids feeding mallards at the park

Tell us about guilt Mr banker man.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:59 pm

I sleep like a baby
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:09 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I sleep like a baby

Haha. On piles of money.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:51 am

It's quite comfortable
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby flight control » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:22 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

Haha. On piles of money.

See, I'd make a terrible banker. I would have tried sleeping on the pile of cocaine instead of the pile of money.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby RonE » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:38 pm

flight control wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Haha. On piles of money.

See, I'd make a terrible banker. I would have tried sleeping on the pile of cocaine instead of the pile of money.

Drugs will get you through times with no money better than money will get you through times with no drugs.....
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Rick » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:26 am

Spoken like a child of the '60s.
Rick

Postby goosehunter64 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:28 am

Did someone say Blue Bills???...I love blue bills. This video is a quick sequence of how I would call redheads, cans, and blue bills.

goosehunter64

Postby Goldfish » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Video?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:37 pm

Goldfish wrote:Video?

Click the first one
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Got it
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby goosehunter64 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Glad you got it... :thumbsup:
goosehunter64

Postby flight control » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Nice video. Sadly, we missed them this year. I think my season might be over, still open for a month, but no birds left. We never even saw any goldeneye, which are usually so thick your knees get wobbly and your hands get sweaty as you drive by the bay. Literally a bird every four feet as far as the eye can see. It's been a strange year for ducks here.

The high point of my season was seeing a harlequin while sea ducking. What a beautiful bird.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

PreviousNext

Return to Diver Duck Hunting Forum