Longlines

Everything Diver related.

Longlines

Postby 3geese4me » Sat May 24, 2014 12:49 pm

When setting long lines is it necessary to use 2 weights on each line or can I get by with 1 weight on the upwind end of the line and let the other end move with the wind?

This will be for small/shallow water.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Re: Longlines

Postby assateague » Sat May 24, 2014 4:58 pm

I've never done it, but it seems like this would be asking for a hell of a mess if something goes South a bit.
assateague

Longlines

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat May 24, 2014 8:22 pm

The only time I don't use 2 weights is when I'm only using one line, then I usually have it tied to the front cleat on the layout and just let the whole rig swing with the wind and the layout anchor holds the whole shebang

Multiple lines = weight at each end, every time.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Re: Longlines

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun May 25, 2014 10:07 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:The only time I don't use 2 weights is when I'm only using one line, then I usually have it tied to the front cleat on the layout and just let the whole rig swing with the wind and the layout anchor holds the whole shebang

Multiple lines = weight at each end, every time.

Yep, and even sometimes I like to throw a lighter weight at the other end just to keep it from going to crazy if the wind is a little faster.

You would never keep your lines straight without anchors at both ends on multiple lines
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting Forum