Diver duck spread

Everything Diver related.

Diver duck spread

Postby Capttrae » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Got a couple questions for y'all, since me and my son went diver duck huntin a couple weeks ago it's sparked an intrest in him. I know the area we were in bc I lived down there for 10 years charter and commercial fishin just never duck hunted not even knew there were any ducks to hunt.
When we went we hunted from the shore, so that's what we are going to try next year, question is. When I'm down there this summer scouting for places/ fishing for trout and reds, should I be looking for points, coves, or just flat shoreline? Also how big of a spread? I've heard any where from 1/2 dozen to 15 dozen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Capttrae

Re: Diver duck spread

Postby Capttrae » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Ok one more well make that a couple more question. 1) I just read this in another thread about hunting bluebills, but what is "flagging"???? Also do y'all ever use the mojo decoys? Thx again.
Capttrae

Diver duck spread

Postby Woody » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:18 pm

If you're going to hunt from shore a rocky point would likely work best. But the best time to scout is when duck are there. Figure out where they want to be then hunt them the next day.

Number of decoys depends on too many things to answer that question. I do usually try to mimic the current conditions. So if there are a lot of ducks around use more decoys, but not always.

Flagging is what it sounds like. Flapping a black flag above your head to look like duck wings from a distance. You do it when ducks are a couple hundred yards away.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Re: Diver duck spread

Postby Capttrae » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Ok thx. Where I'll be there aren't any rocky points it's all sand.
Capttrae

Return to Diver Duck Hunting Forum