Are you kidding me

Are you kidding me

Postby firstflight » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 am

So me and 2 buddy went to a field for a little goose hunt .we get all set up had a great hide in some tall grass . We get in the blinds and watched ducks while we waited for sunrise and geese .next thing we hear is go geese go geese fly away here come some lady running down the field trying to Chase off my decoys with her umbrella . Are you shitting me , I can't believe some people . so we waited till she go real close too us . I sat up and said lady if you get my decoys to fly you'll be lucky because there sillos and we laughed at her .
So geese start flying down the field she pop out at the road screaming thrashing her umbrella well there goes group 1 she up one .so group 2 comes the geese get close her she pops out again now I am pissed .so I call the cops and tell them she's harassing us .cop gets there she run over there yelling there shooting my geese really BAWHAHAHAHA . Then the officers told her it goose season and we are aloud to shoot them . She said there not going to shoot my geese . OH REALLY then I told her if there her geese to keep them at home . Then i told here about the law about how private ducks and geese needed to be tagged for the state . Then we told her about the fine for each bird was 150.00 per bird not tagged and with 300 geese not banned that's about 45,000 dollars plus court cost so about 50 ,000 ( I don't know what the fine is really I just pulled numbers out of my ass ) dollars . And then i told her I will be contacting our game warden for Hunter harassment .
So that was my great day .
firstflight

Re: Are you kidding me

Postby Goldfish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:11 am

You did the right thing, even tho the day kinda sucked
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 am

Wow I've never experienced anything like that.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 am

Damn that sucks. I wouldn't have handled that as well as you did.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:08 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:Damn that sucks. I wouldn't have handled that as well as you did.

Luckily you don't hunt, so that won't be an issue.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby firstflight » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:21 am

I have had a few encounters before with people like that . Always be as nice as you can . Don't give them any reason to use he's got guns or them Damn hunters .to go off on you. make them look bad always .
firstflight

Postby firstflight » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:22 am

Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Damn that sucks. I wouldn't have handled that as well as you did.

OUCH
firstflight

Postby Steele22 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:17 pm

firstflight wrote:
Woody wrote:

OUCH

OUCH OUCH, like a kick in the nut sack OUCH
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Darren » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Wooowww don't even know how I'd handle that. It wouldn't be tactful, I can promise.
Darren

Postby Woody » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Steele22 wrote:
firstflight wrote:
Woody wrote:

OUCH

Oh DH knows I'm kidding... I was in college once too and I know how limited your hunting becomes.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby firstflight » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Darren wrote:Wooowww don't even know how I'd handle that. It wouldn't be tactful, I can promise.

Believe me what i wanted to say is you dumb bitch!!!! what the Fuck is wrong with you and go off on her but with all the anti hunters ,PETA and all the bad press guns get .
We as Hunter must not give them any more ammo to use to fire up the masses .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Woody wrote:
Steele22 wrote:
firstflight wrote:
Woody wrote:

OUCH

Oh DH knows I'm kidding... I was in college once too and I know how limited your hunting becomes.

I hunt more now than I ever have. I can get out hunting 4 days a week this fall semester.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:58 pm

We had the cops get called on us this morning for a suspicious vehicle. Don't know if it was about the cars and trucks on the side of the road, or the truck driving around the field. But after the cop found out what we were doing he told us good luck and left.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Duckdog » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:12 pm

I got called on once...
Someone heard "shot fired" so the officer came to investigate. I was watching him through binoculars and waiving my arms, but he never saw me.
So,...not knowing what was happening yet, and starting to wonder if maybe something had happened to my truck, I proceeded to walk up to find out.
By the time I made it across the sand bar and up the river bank, the cop was at the other side of the field. I waved him in and he told me about the call, and that once he got there he put 2 and 2 together and had hoped that he hadn't molested my hunt.

About this time, I'm wondering where my dog is....I holler and whistle, and then I see him out in the middle of the river which is quite a ways from where we're standing...retrieving a duck that I hadn't shot! How he saw it...I'll never know.

I guess it was just a good thing I wasn't limited and the cop wasn't a warden!
Duckdog

Postby banknote » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 am

Why wasn't she cited for harassment?
banknote

Postby firstflight » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:40 pm

banknote wrote:Why wasn't she cited for harassment?

The game warden was called but he never came out that day. I made a few call today about the issue . Was given the run around .
firstflight

Postby Goldfish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:04 am

Yet if she would have called about a guy with a gun the whole police force would have showed up
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:06 am

firstflight wrote:

The game warden was called but he never came out that day. I made a few call today about the issue . Was given the run around .

What state do you live in?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby banknote » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:00 am

I'm wondering why the cop who showed up didn't cite her.
banknote

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 am

You shoulda called the game warden, they don't mess around with that stuff. Without hunters they don't have a job.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:58 am

Olly wrote:
firstflight wrote:

What state do you live in?

Ohio .
firstflight

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:01 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:You shoulda called the game warden, they don't mess around with that stuff. Without hunters they don't have a job.

I did but on the weekend all you can call is an 800 number . And leave a message they will get back to you .
firstflight

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:18 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:You shoulda called the game warden, they don't mess around with that stuff. Without hunters they don't have a job.

I did but on the weekend all you can call is an 800 number . And leave a message they will get back to you .

That doesn't seem right. The weekend is when they are out doing all their snooping and ball busting. You oughta be able to get in touch with them quickly if you need them. They sure would "get in touch with you" if they felt you were doing something wrong.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:44 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
firstflight wrote:

That doesn't seem right. The weekend is when they are out doing all their snooping and ball busting. You oughta be able to get in touch with them quickly if you need them. They sure would "get in touch with you" if they felt you were doing something wrong.

You would think . I called the district today to find out what there doing . They will have to get back to me on that ..
firstflight

Postby capt1972 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:43 pm

firstflight wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
firstflight wrote:

You would think . I called the district today to find out what there doing . They will have to get back to me on that ..

Translation: "We ain't doing shit!"
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby sws002 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:39 pm

firstflight wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
firstflight wrote:

When you do get ahold of your local greenjeans, get his cell number. Ours are actually printed in our hunting guides, but I always had the number of the local guy in Michigan at the touch of a button. I never had to make use of it, but my buddies did when a bunch of topwaters in the blind next to them started skybusting and shooting swings, and managed to lace into a flock of cormorants. I hate those things as much as the next guy, but if you are gonna be an asshole, better make sure you're doing it legally.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Return to Firstflight 2014-2015