Well youth season

Well youth season

Postby firstflight » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:43 am

Went okay I guess my boy was happy . He got a lot of shooting booth days just not a lot of dead birds to show for it .
Saturday had small flocks of ducks 5 and 6 at a time come in had about 7 different groups of Mallards ,wood ducks about 40 or so Buzz by some odd ball ducks not even sure what to call it black,Mallard, pintail mix I would guess 2 ducks dumped on Saturday . Have to cut it short because of a birthday party .

Sunday had new game plan switched up to my honey hole it's just a pond knew there where lots of geese, I can always pull ducks in on the fly by . well we just set up 30 goose sillos to our right should of been to the left . Had 2 Mallards come 5 minutes after shooting time Calvin took the drake . Had a small gap in the activity's should of moved the decoys .had a pair of geese come in and land to far out to shoot .watch them swim to the other side of the pond . Next group of 25 did the same thing .next group of 75 did the right thing hooked and came right in , I told him pick one out well he did only shot at one, my bad he did what he was told , I guess I should of keep my mouth shut .he had fun and called it a day .
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
firstflight

Re: Well youth season

Postby Rick » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:54 am

firstflight wrote:...he had fun...

That makes it a booming success.
Rick

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:25 am

That's a good looking drake for early season.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:30 am

But some park is missing its duck. (Just don't tell the boy I said that. If he wants it to be an XYZ hybrid, so be it.)
Rick

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:39 am

Good times!
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby firstflight » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Rick wrote:But some park is missing its duck. (Just don't tell the boy I said that. If he wants it to be an XYZ hybrid, so be it.)

Yeah but look at the black feet

.it had black duck in it, Definitely a freak .
firstflight

Postby Rick » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:30 pm

firstflight wrote:
Rick wrote:But some park is missing its duck. (Just don't tell the boy I said that. If he wants it to be an XYZ hybrid, so be it.)

Think I read you've been doing this stuff a while, but black duck feet are orange like wild mallard feet. What you have there is no freakier than some of these characters: http://www.gobirding.eu/Photos/DomesticDucks.php
Rick

Postby firstflight » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Rick wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Think I read you've been doing this stuff a while, but black duck feet are orange like wild mallard feet. What you have there is no freakier than some of these characters: http://www.gobirding.eu/Photos/DomesticDucks.php

Oh I love my black ducks . I should of taken more pictures of it .I was just rushed for time .
Rick wrote:
firstflight wrote:

firstflight

Postby Duckdog » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:34 pm

I didn't even think about it until I read this post, but I left an alive training duck out on the water Friday!
If season were closer, that Magpie duck could have made for some interesting duck blind conversation!! :lol:
Duckdog

Postby Deltaman » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:49 am

That is a weird hybrid for sure! Congrats on a successful hunt with your boy FF :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:58 am

Rick wrote:
firstflight wrote:...he had fun...

That makes it a booming success.

^^This^^

It really is all that matters.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Return to Firstflight 2014-2015