Teal Season 2014

Re: Teal Season 2014

Postby Bud » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:18 pm

DComeaux wrote:HA! The blind partners are as hard to find as the teal right now.
Amen!
All in a day's work.
Bud

Postby Rick » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:41 am

Comeaux says that, but I hornswoggled he and the three others at his camp into filling my empty mudhole blind this morning. May well be a water haul, but we'll pass a good time with those four stooges in the blind and this one kibitzing from the boat hide behind them.

Sorry for jacking your thread, Darren.
Rick

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:21 am

"Hornswoggled" is a word that doesn't see enough usage in today's society.
I aim to remedy that.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:26 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:"Hornswoggled" is a word that doesn't see enough usage in today's society.
I aim to remedy that.

As in DeadeyeDan got a bonus this year for Hornswoggling the "Martha B Sewing, Quilting, and Investment" club out of all their earnings?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I had to Dan! Banker and all.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Darren » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Rick wrote:Comeaux says that, but I hornswoggled he and the three others at his camp into filling my empty mudhole blind this morning. May well be a water haul, but we'll pass a good time with those four stooges in the blind and this one kibitzing from the boat hide behind them.

Sorry for jacking your thread, Darren.

Not too worried about it. Hope yall passed a good time with a few birds, look forward to the report.
Darren

Postby Darren » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:23 am

Sat. 9-27-2014
SE La Public Land
Mostly cloudy to start, low 60s, wind NE 10-15
Will E. & I

Back to same hole we've been hitting but apparently we've flat run out of birds. Marsh was spooky quiet at shooting time which seemed foreboding. Sure enough, it stayed quiet all morning with very little shooting. We had a 4-pack skirt us at one point but didn't want to commit. Never thought about shooting, but really nice weather to spend a couple hours standing in the marsh. Had some fun working a few mottleds to rock-throwing range.

DNS
Darren

Postby Darren » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Johnny and I called off this morning's hunt with the threat of rain coming in from the Gulf as well as significantly elevated tides due to the ripping east winds we had all day yesterday. Likely for the best from the few reports I heard.

Season total was 24 teal on 7 hunts which, by most S. Louisiana standards, is nothing to celebrate but in comparison to last year's 4 early season hunts taking zero teal, it was a blast! Though no limits were taken, we accomplished what really is at the heart of why we chase teal: got to work a few birds, got to do some shooting, and gave all the equipment a good shakedown for the regular season opener about 47 or so days away from now. We'll look forward to prepping to kick things off on November 15th.

Until then.....

IMG_0427.JPG

paddling out
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Darren

Postby Rick » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Sweet closing pic.
Rick

Previous

Return to Darren 2014-2015