Snow question

Honk!

Snow question

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:12 pm

We just got into snow goose hunting on our own this past spring. We ended up buying 800 windtamer rags and I built an E-caller. Unfortunately the migration back north was so fast that there was only 2 days worth of shooting. This year we will have the decoys for the fall, where we see them a ton but they would never commit to our Canada spread.

Question I have for those of you who target them regularly with success...Are silouettes an option? I have a ton of corrugated plastic I got from a Coca Cola sales man(he has thousands of 3'x5' sheets that I can have if I want them) I cut about 100 feeder silos out and started to wonder if they even work. I never hear of people using them so...any info is appreciated.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Re: Snow question

Postby goodkarmarising » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Definitely a cheap way to fill out your spread and I would use them if I had access to the corrugated plastic like you do.
goodkarmarising

Postby huntntech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:38 pm

We use them to fill up the spread. A cheap way to add numbers to your spread. We have killed a lot of snow geese over them.
huntntech

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 pm

With snow its quantity, not quality.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Don't forget all the political signs, free for the taking right now.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:24 pm

I guess a major part of the equation I left out is how to set up for both Canadas and Snows within the same field with opportunities for both. I've heard Canadas will land in a snow spread, but snows won't land over dark geese. I know the snows won't land in our Canada spread, they've seen it quite a few times.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to Goose Hunting Forum