Goose Call

Honk!

Re: Goose Call

Postby hotrodtoad » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:05 pm

assateague wrote:This was the best I could do. Apparently, an iPhone doesn't have the best mic (not that I'm anywhere near a pro, anyway). I was about 10 yards away, and trying not to call towards one of the buildings. It's hard to tell how deep it is, but it's pretty low compared to others I've had. It actually stuck right in the middle, which probably won't be a problem hunting, since at most I cluck and comeback call, and that's about it, but it did concern me a little bit. It's not like it's 20 degrees out or something today, and if the tolerance is that tight, it may need some shaving. We'll see.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. No way I'm filming myself blowing a goose call, so enjoy the footage of the tree.

Damn Assa, you'd be ready for the world championships with a slight increase in the speed of a mere, oh say, 120 or 130%. :lol:
hotrodtoad

Goose Call

Postby assateague » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:23 pm

:lol:
assateague

Postby huntntech » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Let's see your video :popcorn:
huntntech

Goose Call

Postby assateague » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 pm

GK calls are nice. I occasionally hunt with a guy who has a Giant (I think). Sounds pretty good.
assateague

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 pm

I love my straight meat honker. Wouldn't trade it for anything. A couple friends have GK comp killers. The funny thing is they are running the original Buck Gardner canada hammer guts in them.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:38 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:I love my straight meat honker. Wouldn't trade it for anything. A couple friends have GK comp killers. The funny thing is they are running the original Buck Gardner canada hammer guts in them.

SMH is hard to beat in my book. Only other call I run is a Market Hunter in wood. They both sound about the same, TMH is a little deeper and softer. Good for finishing.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 am

I love mine but I had it custom tuned so it gets really low and goosey. But I can't run it very fast. I want to get something with a shorter barrel and insert and have it tuned a little bit higher so I can run it a little faster.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:31 am

I prefer low and slow. I've never heard a goosy call that can be run as extremely fast as a higher pitched call. Must be physics or something.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:09 am

assateague wrote:I prefer low and slow. I've never heard a goosy call that can be run as extremely fast as a higher pitched call. Must be physics or something.

The market hunter is low and fast. I prefer the higher pitched calls, but when the other guys I'm hunting with are running high, I use TMH
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Previous

Return to Goose Hunting Forum