Opinions on best goose load?

Honk!

Re: Opinions on best goose load?

Postby jehler » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:05 pm

assateague wrote:They're remarkably quiet when shooting it (M16s are, anyway, I'd assume an AR is the same, but I've never shot one), and feel like they're going to fall apart.

yep, must be the same, there is almost forward recoil after the shot that puts you back on target, love it
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Tomkat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Mine is even more so as I added a Black River Arms covert compensator to it in place of the A2 Birdcage. The BRACC pushed the sound forward, away from the shooter, makes it even quieter to shoot....unless you are down range from the barrel LOL

You fellas are right, they are not nearly as loud to shoot as they are to stand next to some one when they shoot one.

Monday I was shooting a .22-250 and I forgot to put my ear plugs in...RIIINNNGggggg
Tomkat

Postby assateague » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:11 pm

I want an AR so badly. But my cheapness prevented it before, and it's not like they've gone down in price. Maybe after Oct 1 when our new law kicks in I'll get one somewhere. Breaking a law is usually a powerful enough incentive to defeat my thriftiness.
assateague

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 pm

What I find worse is the Clickity Clack of a dang Benelli!
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Tomkat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:23 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:What I find worse is the Clickity Clack of a dang Benelli!

Huh...thats one sound I have never heard from mine. Do you think I have a defective one? Over 8,000 rounds and no click.

Hmmmmmm....... :?:
Tomkat

Postby assateague » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm

He didn't say "click", he said "clickity".
assateague

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:38 pm

BrewGUN wrote:Same with desert eagles, feels like its reloading a 20 mil cannon it's so clunky.

Too the point that it makes another shot feel sketchy.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby jehler » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:44 pm

assateague wrote:I want an AR so badly. But my cheapness prevented it before, and it's not like they've gone down in price. Maybe after Oct 1 when our new law kicks in I'll get one somewhere. Breaking a law is usually a powerful enough incentive to defeat my thriftiness.

i almost never shoot mine, when prices started skyrocketing earlier this year i contemplated selling it, but, its just one of those guns i feel i may need in the future.
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:44 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:#2 is lethal out to 50 at 1400ish fps. Up the velocity and you get more distance, if the pattern holds.

Maybe on ducks or the geese you shoot in TX. I have shot many geese with #2, but they are not ideal. I like nothing smaller than #1, battling the wind is near as important as penetration. Be prepared for the worst situation, anything will work when birds work perfect.

Ducks the #2 load I used worked great for me. As Jehler corrected me the numbers I was using only work for ducks, geese need more penetration. Most places we hunt don't allow for much wind to get in or further distances.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Tomkat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:51 pm

assateague wrote:He didn't say "click", he said "clickity".

I never heard the clickity sound either. To each their own.

AT, why dont you get an unregistered lower and build it one piece at a time? I know a certain person who shall remain nameless who just did this very thing.
Tomkat

Postby assateague » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:11 pm

I've considered that, but it honestly looks like it'd be damn near impossible to get all the parts right about now. And at any time in the future, for that matter.
assateague

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Tomkat wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:What I find worse is the Clickity Clack of a dang Benelli!

Huh...thats one sound I have never heard from mine. Do you think I have a defective one? Over 8,000 rounds and no click.

Hmmmmmm....... :?:

Have someone else shoot one beside you and explain what that obnoxious noise is :thumbsup:
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Previous

Return to Goose Hunting Forum