Goose contest

Honk!

Re: Goose contest

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Guess I will have to shoot another big bull like I did last year.
goodkarmarising

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:16 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:Guess I will have to shoot another big bull like I did last year.

Dude, I'm gonna win it with a honker shot in La! However, I don't want to win a bottle of piss and jizz. :?
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:41 am

rebelp74 wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:Guess I will have to shoot another big bull like I did last year.

Dude, I'm gonna win it with a honker shot in La! However, I don't want to win a bottle of piss and jizz. :?

I am sorry Mr Foiles. The rules of the contest state that the goose must wild and be taken legally. No air rifles, park geese, farm geese, or stuffing the bird full of pellets etc.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:22 am

aunt betty wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

I am sorry Mr Foiles. The rules of the contest state that the goose must wild and be taken legally. No air rifles, park geese, farm geese, or stuffing the bird full of pellets etc.

I can't help it of I'm a bad shot, and it takes a case of shells to put it down, lol

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:47 am

The neighbor has some that are so big they can't fly. They waddle about a 1/4mile from the pond to the pen, the others fly no problems.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 am

rebelp74 wrote:The neighbor has some that are so big they can't fly. They waddle about a 1/4mile from the pond to the pen, the others fly no problems.

I've never seen a farm or pet goose slim enough to fly. They are usually just slim enough to waddle lol.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Goldfish wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

I can't help it of I'm a bad shot, and it takes a case of shells to put it down, lol

sent from a phancy fone
If you wait til the goose is dead, then shoot it with 5 boxes of 3" #2's...it'll gain about 7.5 pounds. Less blood that way.
aunt betty

Postby sws002 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:27 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

sent from a phancy fone
If you wait til the goose is dead, then shoot it with 5 boxes of 3" #2's...it'll gain about 7.5 pounds. Less blood that way.

Ha! When we were up in Michigan, we were partying at a buddy's house and looking at his mounts. He had a decently sized goose (my guess is it was only 12 lbs, but whatever) and he claimed that when he shot it, he had it weighed and it was only 2 ounces from the state record. Without hesitation, my other buddy turns to him and says "Shoot it again". Cracked me the hell up.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Goldfish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:34 am

Lead was heavier, that's why the birds weighed more back when

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Goldfish wrote:Lead was heavier, that's why the birds weighed more back when

sent from a phancy fone

Actually it was the Cold War. Tensions were tight back then so they were fattening in preparing for a meltdown. Smaller today because.of global warming. Birds are sweating off all of their weight these days.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 pm

The weather in Michigan used to be more predictable, now that the weather is more unpredictable, the geese are having a harder time finding food and simply are starving to death in Michigan.
goodkarmarising

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:13 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:The weather in Michigan used to be more predictable, now that the weather is more unpredictable, the geese are having a harder time finding food and simply are starving to death in Michigan.

Too busy producing Fun size jugs of maple syrup to predict any weather.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:15 pm

I always wanted to try DU shotgun shells. Why not? Our gubment shoots it. You think they track down every round?
@@@@
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 pm

aunt betty wrote:I always wanted to try DU shotgun shells. Why not? Our gubment shoots it. You think they track down every round?
@@@@

No

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
aunt betty wrote:I always wanted to try DU shotgun shells. Why not? Our gubment shoots it. You think they track down every round?
@@@@

No

I was really hoping someone would ask where to get Ducks Unlimited shotshells. lol
:evil: :fishing:
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:05 am

aunt betty wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
@@@@

No

I was really hoping someone would ask where to get Ducks Unlimited shotshells. lol
:evil: :fishing:

I've moved millions of DU rounds. Wouldnt be hard to throw one in the cargo pocket. Though you would die shooting it.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:06 am

Unless of course you have a gau-8 laying around.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:49 pm

I have got to quit bullshitting so much. It's so fun though. There's a 50/50 chance that any bullshit I say will be believed and then responded to with extreme prejudice. So far, the 50/50 is holding true there. Maybe even 60/40 in some people's case.
aunt betty

Postby bill herian » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 pm

aunt betty wrote:There are many Giant Canada geese that literally range from Chicago to Effingham and that's about it.
They don't migrate per se...but move around to avoid the deep snow.

They don't get "deep snow" in that part of the world. Not deep enough to make a difference to a 20 pound goose.
bill herian

Postby ILgoosehunter » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:17 am

go to a golf course in central IL theres some big bastards in there, they to go to the corn fields for food then back to the golf courses and that's it. those are the biggest resident birds ive ever seen, its funny when the golfers complain about getting shit on by the geese.
ILgoosehunter

Postby aunt betty » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:26 pm

There are huge geese that reside here. I never weighed one. Carrying out two is enough...
aunt betty

Postby AKPirate » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:40 pm

aunt betty wrote:There are huge geese that reside here. I never weighed one. Carrying out two is enough...

Gut them out in the field, just be sure to leave a wing on them :mrgreen:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Previous

Return to Goose Hunting Forum